ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Praise to Jim and Judy Comstock and others! #6368931
11/08/18 11:52 PM
11/08/18 11:52 PM
Ohio
W
Willy Firewood Offline OP
trapper
Willy Firewood  Offline OP
trapper
W

Ohio
Late this summer I had some difficulties with groundhogs. I asked for some assistance here and received some very helpful suggestions. Some suggestions were very helpful about trap placement, funnels, etc. However, one suggested was to contact Jim Comstock and order one of his traps.

I put all of the suggestions to work and they helped. The best suggestion was to contact Jim. So I called Jim and he was not home so I had a nice conversation with his wife Judy. A little while later, Jim called me. We had a very friendly and helpful discussion about mostly trapping. We discussed my common situations that I encounter and Jim suggested the most suitable trap models that should work the best and also have some versatility for many other situations. So I ordered 4 double door traps with the sheet metal nose cones.

When I unpacked the traps I was very impressed. They look serious and “expert grade”. The next day I set them and they are a dream to work with. The nose cone adds an entirely new level to guiding the animals. I was so impressed that I immediately ordered 4 more traps with different style nose cones for even more versatility. In short order they too arrived. Using those traps was a dream! They make success much easier. They look good to the customer. And best of all, they make me look good. Using those traps was a great way to quickly wrap up my remaining groundhog jobs.

So thank you to Jim and Judy Comstock and everyone else who posted and photos.
suggestions. I truly appreciate the assistance, ideas, and suggestions.

Now that I can post photos I will attach a photo of one of my new traps hard at work.

D7098CED-E1AD-477E-99BC-3A89A57FBC5E.jpeg

FRAC LIVES MATTER
Re: Praise to Jim and Judy Comstock and others! [Re: Willy Firewood] #6368963
11/09/18 01:24 AM
11/09/18 01:24 AM
WI - Wisconsin
A
AJE Offline
trapper
AJE  Offline
trapper
A

WI - Wisconsin
Did they come with that 'sheet metal looking' cage cover?

Re: Praise to Jim and Judy Comstock and others! [Re: Willy Firewood] #6368976
11/09/18 02:32 AM
11/09/18 02:32 AM
Ohio
W
Willy Firewood Offline OP
trapper
Willy Firewood  Offline OP
trapper
W

Ohio
Yes and no.

I ordered them together, but the trap and sheet metal section are priced individually.

The sheet metal section is called a nose cone. It is sheet metal on 3 sides, on end is open, the bottom is open, and one end has a hinged metal grate sectiion. The trap can be used without the nose cone, but it adds tremendous versatility. I bought one for each trap. When I bought the next batch of traps I selected a different nose cone for increased versatility.

Their website was a little confusing to me at first. Watching their videos helped a lot. If you have any more questions, just ask. You can call me if you want.

What do you want to catch with them?

FRAC LIVES MATTER
Re: Praise to Jim and Judy Comstock and others! [Re: Willy Firewood] #6369125
11/09/18 09:37 AM
11/09/18 09:37 AM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
Good people and good product!!!!

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: Praise to Jim and Judy Comstock and others! [Re: Willy Firewood] #6369661
11/09/18 06:55 PM
11/09/18 06:55 PM
Schenectady, NY
E
EatenByLimestone Offline
trapper
EatenByLimestone  Offline
trapper
E

Schenectady, NY
Jim makes an excellent trap!

Re: Praise to Jim and Judy Comstock and others! [Re: Willy Firewood] #6369845
11/09/18 10:14 PM
11/09/18 10:14 PM
New York
Jim Comstock Offline
trapper
Jim Comstock  Offline
trapper

New York
Woodchuck trapping, skunk too, set up like the picture has makes trapping both easy and profitable. Thanks for sharing the photo and support. Unfortunately chuck trapping is slowing down. Miss the woodchucks already. They go under pretty early her, about Oct.1. Fond memories of the last one. Set the trap just after a heavy rain, about an hour before dark, warm night. Then set a couple of beaver spots. Got the call on the way home that he was caught in 30 minutes. Picked him up on the way home. I know a lot of guys did well on chucks this year. This year was double the usual for us.

Re: Praise to Jim and Judy Comstock and others! [Re: Willy Firewood] #6369875
11/09/18 10:32 PM
11/09/18 10:32 PM
Wisconsin, USA
Traps R Us Offline
trapper
Traps R Us  Offline
trapper

Wisconsin, USA
Jim and Judy are great people, and they make fantastic traps.
I usually don't even put any dirt or rocks on the trap floor, it does not seem to matter. I just slide the trap back and forth a few times to get it "bedded" firmly and that's it. On soil, the ground will come up through the bottom a little, and I don't mind it, but I won't go out of my way to cover the floor or blend the trap in any way.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread