ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
——-ADC Credit Card Payment Options #6379580
11/22/18 01:04 PM
11/22/18 01:04 PM
Louisiana
Aix sponsa Offline OP
trapper
Aix sponsa  Offline OP
trapper

Louisiana

I prefer checks, but some companies will only pay by using credit cards.

What have your experiences been like with the different ways of accepting credit card payments have you tried and liked? What about disliked?

Re: ——-ADC Credit Card Payment Options [Re: Aix sponsa] #6379626
11/22/18 02:23 PM
11/22/18 02:23 PM
NM
H
HD_Wildlife Offline
trapper
HD_Wildlife  Offline
trapper
H

NM
Aix,

We started using Square before it was as common as it is now. Didn't have any issues using it, worked on all our devices and rates were similar to paypal which was an option at the same time (2011) when we first launched.

We get paid mostly with checks and like yourself I'd prefer it most of the time, however I will say some folks just like my wife and I, may have bonus rewards or cashback and prefer to use the card for those rewards reasons and will be much quicker to pay often, though not always.

After some time I was doing work for a federal client and found their purchasing folks hollered at them as Square and Paypal are "third party" and not a direct bank.

This caused me to commit to a bank at the time and I went with Bank of America. Most banks charge either an annual fee or monthly fees to have their version of a swiper and account of this nature and a percentage rate per transaction and "batch" rate as well, but ultimately there are other options I've seen folks talk about on here maybe 2 years ago or further back, including some other banks that aren't the main banks we here about and have good options.

I'm looking at my local branch of my local bank now as they will give you a check if they can't beat the competitor, so might as well look. I don't have anything bad to say about BOA but don't like the monthly when I don't use CC that often.

You can deduct the fees to extent allowable by law and you can pass on the fees if you want to your client and say so in your contracts.

Ultimately we've used square and still do for non govt. work and paypal for our white-nose syndrome non profit grant raising booths, but Bank of America for our official govt. contracts and for any other client if its what I have handy. Have all 3 apps on my phone and all three swipers in my rig.

Hope that helps, we have had no issues, I'll add since we all like to see money appear quickly once paid, the bank is by far the longest wait for the money in my experience with my bank. Square is fastest at 2-3 days, B.O.A. can take 4-5 days.

Also should add, we started using quickbooks online for this 2018 year and they offer ability to take credit cards on the platform as well as bank transfers, you basically create the invoice, select which boxes you are willing to allow types of payment wise and then email to your client. They can log on and use whatever method or mail you a check if they don't want the others.

The first client I allowed to bank transfer, from the time they submitted it, took nearly 7 days! No more of that nonsense for me, but I would use their credit card app or portal and feel good about it just the same as the others I have, they all run similar rates and breaks in rate are usually going to be for amount of processing you do, etc.. and I don't do much as most pay with check.

---

Happy Thanksgiving!

Justin

Re: ——-ADC Credit Card Payment Options [Re: Aix sponsa] #6379793
11/22/18 08:14 PM
11/22/18 08:14 PM
Louisiana
Aix sponsa Offline OP
trapper
Aix sponsa  Offline OP
trapper

Louisiana
Very informative. Thank you

Anyone else?

Re: ——-ADC Credit Card Payment Options [Re: Aix sponsa] #6380059
11/23/18 10:03 AM
11/23/18 10:03 AM
Woodhull, Illinois 77
J
Jim Bethell Offline
trapper
Jim Bethell  Offline
trapper
J

Woodhull, Illinois 77
I use and like square. for the same reasons as above. I did use my bank, but as a small user, it was costing me almost .06% when I included the extra fees. I can use square at the job site or at conventions when selling supplies.

Re: ——-ADC Credit Card Payment Options [Re: Jim Bethell] #6380099
11/23/18 10:54 AM
11/23/18 10:54 AM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Since nobody pays me to use cash or write a check, and I do get 2% back for using a credit card, I rarely use anything but a credit card. If you spend a lot of money during the course of a year, you are losing a lot of money by not using a credit card. ( Citicards ) I should qualify this statement: My dentist gives me 5% off the bill for using cash. I always make sure the wallet is full when I go to my dentist. It doesn't hurt to ask business people if they give a percent off for cash!

Re: ——-ADC Credit Card Payment Options [Re: Aix sponsa] #6380705
11/24/18 08:03 AM
11/24/18 08:03 AM
Louisiana
D
dewayne Offline
trapper
dewayne  Offline
trapper
D

Louisiana
I use Invoice2go to invoice and I take checks only right now. Invoice2go will let you take credit cards through stripe. I’ve been thinking about it but kind of nervous about linking it to my bank account. Has anyone ever used this?

Re: ——-ADC Credit Card Payment Options [Re: Aix sponsa] #6381075
11/24/18 04:42 PM
11/24/18 04:42 PM
Louisiana
Aix sponsa Offline OP
trapper
Aix sponsa  Offline OP
trapper

Louisiana
If it actually works out with the one that needs to pay with a credit card, I’ll be getting set up.

Thank you all

Re: ——-ADC Credit Card Payment Options [Re: Aix sponsa] #6382529
11/26/18 12:27 PM
11/26/18 12:27 PM
Central IA
TRapper Offline
trapper
TRapper  Offline
trapper

Central IA
Been using quickbooks online for 2 years now...i am sold...have alot of customers that pay online and itnautomatically updates their acct as paid. Have alot that pay with checks too. I can also accept credit cards over the phone or in person. Pmt always in 2 biz days when paid by cc

Re: ——-ADC Credit Card Payment Options [Re: Aix sponsa] #6384429
11/28/18 01:57 PM
11/28/18 01:57 PM
Washington
wildflights Offline
trapper
wildflights  Offline
trapper

Washington
Has anyone been using Paypal? Seems quick and easy but where does the money go?

Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. -Gustav Mahler
Re: ——-ADC Credit Card Payment Options [Re: Aix sponsa] #6385481
11/29/18 02:58 PM
11/29/18 02:58 PM
Kenai AK
K
KenaiKid Offline
trapper
KenaiKid  Offline
trapper
K

Kenai AK
Tip: instead of charging a “Fee” to clients to cover your credit card processor fee, raise your rate and offer a “discount” for paying cash. It accomplishes the same thing (covering the cost of the credit card processor, whichever one you use), but people love hearing “discount” more than “fee.”
I’m sure that’s exactly what Winkleman’s dentist does.

Originally Posted by Dirt
Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
Boco couldn't catch a cold.

But if he did, it would be Top Lot.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread