No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Visa Overstays [Re: loosegoose] #6431384
01/17/19 11:24 AM
01/17/19 11:24 AM
South Dakota
R
Rat Masterson Offline
trapper
Rat Masterson  Offline
trapper
R

South Dakota
There are a few pundits on Fox that would compare to MSNBC or some of the other liberal news networks"Hannity comes to mind". I'll put it to the closet Libs on here name me one host on any network other than Fox that has a conservative host. I'll bet you can't.

Re: Visa Overstays [Re: loosegoose] #6431394
01/17/19 11:31 AM
01/17/19 11:31 AM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by loosegoose
Originally Posted by seniortrap
Lets just put up the wall and get back to the business of controlling the border!

And for those who OVERSTAY their Visas, round them up(if you can find them) and ship them back.

I agree completely.

Yep, one step at a time.

Re: Visa Overstays [Re: loosegoose] #6431397
01/17/19 11:35 AM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
This article says that one study is at 44% and another is at 65%. What I can't figure out is how there doesn't seem to be any hard numbers, just guesses and estimates when they have a paper trail.

Fact check on illegals

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Visa Overstays [Re: Rat Masterson] #6431399
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline OP
trapper
loosegoose  Offline OP
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
There are a few pundits on Fox that would compare to MSNBC or some of the other liberal news networks"Hannity comes to mind". I'll put it to the closet Libs on here name me one host on any network other than Fox that has a conservative host. I'll bet you can't.

None. But that begs the question....why are news hosts conservative or liberal? News is facts, not opinion. Commentary on the news is opinion. For example: News is saying "a recent study shows that for the 7th year in a row, most illegals come to America legally on a visa, and then don't leave when their visa expires. Discussing whether or not said study is legit, whether what the study says is good or bad, what the study means, what we should do about it, etc etc is commentary, not news.

Re: Visa Overstays [Re: loosegoose] #6431401
01/17/19 11:37 AM
01/17/19 11:37 AM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Most news agencies don't even call theirs "hosts" as does Fox. They call them reporters.

Re: Visa Overstays [Re: Catch22] #6431409
01/17/19 11:41 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline OP
trapper
loosegoose  Offline OP
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by Catch22
This article says that one study is at 44% and another is at 65%. What I can't figure out is how there doesn't seem to be any hard numbers, just guesses and estimates when they have a paper trail.

Fact check on illegals

This is the part you're referring to...A Center for Migration Studies report estimates that 44 percent of those in living in the U.S. illegally in 2015 were visa overstays. That’s up from an estimated 41 percent in 2008.

The CMS report, written by Robert Warren, a former director of the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service’s statistics division, says 65 percent of net arrivals — those joining the undocumented population — from 2008 to 2015 were visa overstays.

First off, those numbers are from 2015, so keep that in mind. What the statistics are saying is that of the total population of illegals currently living in the US, 44% are visa overstays. Of illegals coming to the US between 2008 and 2015, 65 % were visa overstays.

Re: Visa Overstays [Re: loosegoose] #6431414
South Dakota
R
Rat Masterson Offline
trapper
Rat Masterson  Offline
trapper
R

South Dakota
Fox is like Groney, they both rock.

Re: Visa Overstays [Re: wr otis] #6431442
01/17/19 12:03 PM
01/17/19 12:03 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline OP
trapper
loosegoose  Offline OP
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by wr otis
Loosegoose reads some propaganda which happens to be on NPR, and declares the article absolute fact. That's your opinion, of your comprehension, of another man's opinion of the factuality, of the source of information.

Here's what makes that absolute truth, NOTHING. Not your opinion, and not reporters.

wr otis reads my post, says some stuff that doesn't entirely make sense ("That's your opinion, of your comprehension, of another man's opinion of the factuality, of the source of information"...what does that mean? It's gibberish), and then doesn't post anything to refute the study grin

Maybe this all goes back to the common sense thread from a few days ago.....common sense says that if you want to refute a study, you cant just declare it to be wrong, based on anecdotes. You have got to be able to produce some sort of evidence to support your position.

Last edited by loosegoose; 01/17/19 12:04 PM.
Re: Visa Overstays [Re: loosegoose] #6431448
01/17/19 12:06 PM
01/17/19 12:06 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted by wr otis
Loosegoose reads some propaganda which happens to be on NPR, and declares the article absolute fact. That's your opinion, of your comprehension, of another man's opinion of the factuality, of the source of information.

Here's what makes that absolute truth, NOTHING. Not your opinion, and not reporters.

wr otis reads my post, says some stuff that doesn't entirely make sense ("That's your opinion, of your comprehension, of another man's opinion of the factuality, of the source of information"...what does that mean? It's gibberish), and then doesn't post anything to refute the study grin

Maybe this all goes back to the common sense thread from a few days ago.....common sense says that if you want to refute a study, you cant just declare it to be wrong, based on anecdotes. You have got to be able to produce some sort of evidence to support your position.

Your position is based on an article that is a estimate, is it not?

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Visa Overstays [Re: loosegoose] #6431460
01/17/19 12:13 PM
01/17/19 12:13 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline OP
trapper
loosegoose  Offline OP
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Your position is based on an article that is a estimate, is it not?

Yes, estimates are all that is available, so the study used the best info possible.

What is your position based on? Nothing?

And seriously, why is it such a big deal that most illegals come trough visa overstays and not though illegal border crossings? It doesn't diminish the need for a wall at all.

Re: Visa Overstays [Re: loosegoose] #6431480
01/17/19 12:29 PM
01/17/19 12:29 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
I know exactly what the issue here is with the Liberals, RACISM! They will bring that issue up everytime when their argument is squashed.
They really don't have any other grounds to defend.

I'm sorry to say, you're confused seniortrap. I'm not a liberal. The only thing worse than the typical conservative is the typical liberal grin My argument has not been squashed; it's quite the opposite in fact. I'm the only one so far in this thread to provide any shred of evidence to support my position.

Your evidence is based on estimates, the way it looks, no one knows the exact number. That in of itself is disturbing as there is a paper trail. Yes, build the wall and bring the number of illegals down that cross illegally. As far as the visa overstay's, they need a better system apparently. If they come through a port of entry, then they should have to leave through it on a specified day. If they don't show up, and disappear into the shadows, it's kinda hard to find them. Maybe a long prison sentence needs to be attached to the visa and signed by the applicant to give incentive to leave when they are supposed too.

Re: Visa Overstays [Re: loosegoose] #6431481
01/17/19 12:32 PM
01/17/19 12:32 PM
Hancock Co., Indiana
Kart29 Offline
trapper
Kart29  Offline
trapper

Hancock Co., Indiana
No I don't have any objective evidence - just personal, anecdotal observations and healthy skepticism of anything I read or hear - especially from sources such as npr, which I listen to regularly.

Unless you've seen or met millions of illegals personally, I'm not sure anecdotes or personal experiences count. That's like saying "I've set coyote traps for the last 5 years, and only ever caught 1, and I've only seen 2 coyotes in person, so clearly there are very few coyotes in Nebraska". Sometimes what you see isn't the way things are. Healthy skepticism is good, but if you're going to counter an argument, you've got to produce some sort of evidence of your own to support your argument. I can argue all day long that there are only a handful of coyotes in Nebraska, but I've got no evidence to support that except my own personal, anecdotal observations. (I'm a terrible coyote trapper by the way grin)

Dude! I never stated for a fact that the statistics in the article were false. I only said that I have serious doubts. And I have reason for those doubts. Not proof, but good reason to doubt.

Perhaps I should ask you to explain how you know for a fact that this statistic is accurate. Hmmm?

Even if the statistic is accurate (which I will not concede), if we can reduce that 35% to 10% it will make it well worthwhile to BUILD THE WALL.

Furthermore, the purported 35% of people from God knows where with who knows what diseases and criminal history crossing the river for unknown purposes is probably the percentage of illegal immigrants that cause the greatest concern. The ones who have initially received a visa received at least a cursory initial screening and had job or classroom lined up before they got here.

What from Christ that soul can sever,
Bound by everlasting bands?
None shall take thee
From the Strength of Israel's hands.

Re: Visa Overstays [Re: Kart29] #6431570
01/17/19 01:51 PM
01/17/19 01:51 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline OP
trapper
loosegoose  Offline OP
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by Kart29
No I don't have any objective evidence - just personal, anecdotal observations and healthy skepticism of anything I read or hear - especially from sources such as npr, which I listen to regularly.

Unless you've seen or met millions of illegals personally, I'm not sure anecdotes or personal experiences count. That's like saying "I've set coyote traps for the last 5 years, and only ever caught 1, and I've only seen 2 coyotes in person, so clearly there are very few coyotes in Nebraska". Sometimes what you see isn't the way things are. Healthy skepticism is good, but if you're going to counter an argument, you've got to produce some sort of evidence of your own to support your argument. I can argue all day long that there are only a handful of coyotes in Nebraska, but I've got no evidence to support that except my own personal, anecdotal observations. (I'm a terrible coyote trapper by the way grin)

Dude! I never stated for a fact that the statistics in the article were false. I only said that I have serious doubts. And I have reason for those doubts. Not proof, but good reason to doubt.

Perhaps I should ask you to explain how you know for a fact that this statistic is accurate. Hmmm?

Even if the statistic is accurate (which I will not concede), if we can reduce that 35% to 10% it will make it well worthwhile to BUILD THE WALL.

Furthermore, the purported 35% of people from God knows where with who knows what diseases and criminal history crossing the river for unknown purposes is probably the percentage of illegal immigrants that cause the greatest concern. The ones who have initially received a visa received at least a cursory initial screening and had job or classroom lined up before they got here.

The burden isn't on me to prove my statistic, the burden on you to disprove it. KInda like if I said the sky is green, and you said no, its actually blue, the burden is on you to disprove me (yes, I used an example where I was wrong and it would be easy to disprove me, just to illustrate my point) Are your reasons to doubt based on some sort of evidence? Facts? Statistics maybe? Why do you doubt the study I showed?

Re: Visa Overstays [Re: loosegoose] #6431588
01/17/19 02:07 PM
01/17/19 02:07 PM
sw minn.
Flipper Offline
trapper
Flipper  Offline
trapper

sw minn.
I have worked with hundreds if not thousands of illegals that openly admitted so and none of them overstayed there visas.I have close friends that are illegal and have heard there stories. If you don't, know any illegals you have no way knowing how huge a problem this is. Each illegal working in the US is using stollen Identity. The company I worked for was audited by homeland security we had to ask all employees for additional documents if you could not provide them you were let go we lost 95% of the Hispanics and none of the non Hispanic employees.. Homeland did not take anyone into custody they just let people leave. I personally new all the employees that left they just bought new ID,s and found other employment. The company was using th gov,t program that verified scial security numbers the gov,t program only can say if the number is a valid number but not the name of the person. The problem is bigger than government will admit. Illegals are not taking government or high paying professional jobs so those people care less about the problem since it does not affect them like blue collar factory workers.

Re: Visa Overstays [Re: Flipper] #6431601
01/17/19 02:12 PM
01/17/19 02:12 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline OP
trapper
loosegoose  Offline OP
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by Flipper
I have worked with hundreds if not thousands of illegals that openly admitted so and none of them overstayed there visas.I have close friends that are illegal and have heard there stories. If you don't, know any illegals you have no way knowing how huge a problem this is. Each illegal working in the US is using stollen Identity. The company I worked for was audited by homeland security we had to ask all employees for additional documents if you could not provide them you were let go we lost 95% of the Hispanics and none of the non Hispanic employees.. Homeland did not take anyone into custody they just let people leave. I personally new all the employees that left they just bought new ID,s and found other employment. The company was using th gov,t program that verified scial security numbers the gov,t program only can say if the number is a valid number but not the name of the person. The problem is bigger than government will admit. Illegals are not taking government or high paying professional jobs so those people care less about the problem since it does not affect them like blue collar factory workers.

There are a lot more than hundreds or thousands of illegals, it more on the order of millions. You talking to hundreds if not thousands is not evidence, it's an anecdote. Otherwise, I'd agree with everything else you said.

Re: Visa Overstays [Re: loosegoose] #6431610
01/17/19 02:21 PM
01/17/19 02:21 PM
N E Nebraska
S
sotired Offline
trapper
sotired  Offline
trapper
S

N E Nebraska
82% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

"Education, transportation, and communication, that's what ruined the world."
Re: Visa Overstays [Re: loosegoose] #6431611
01/17/19 02:27 PM
01/17/19 02:27 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
The beauty of illegals is that they're......well, illegals. Undocumented. Nobody knows anything about them except maybe sometimes the Soc Sec. # that isn't theirs. No facts to prove anything. Nobody knows who they are, where they're from, where they are, or how many there are. Oh, and that they're harmless, and only here to better themselves.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Visa Overstays [Re: loosegoose] #6431622
01/17/19 02:48 PM
01/17/19 02:48 PM
sw minn.
Flipper Offline
trapper
Flipper  Offline
trapper

sw minn.
Originally Posted by Flipper

There are a lot more than hundreds or thousands of illegals, it more on the order of millions. You talking to hundreds if not thousands is not evidence, it's an anecdote. Otherwise, I'd agree with everything else you said.

Re: Visa Overstays [Re: loosegoose] #6431624
01/17/19 02:49 PM
01/17/19 02:49 PM
sw minn.
Flipper Offline
trapper
Flipper  Offline
trapper

sw minn.
Only talking about the ones I have experience with not the total

Re: Visa Overstays [Re: loosegoose] #6431642
01/17/19 03:15 PM
01/17/19 03:15 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Hispanic people from North, Central and South America and the Hispanic Islands get a very large percentage of the Visas that the US gives out. Just because someone came here on a Visa, does not mean they are not an illegal alien, of Hispanic descent, once they illegally stay past it's expiration. Hispanic people from North, Central and South American and the Hispanic Islands also make up the overwhelming amount of illegal aliens that sneak across the US border too.

Just talking about the Mexicans and Mexican statistics is a trick liberals use to trick stupid people into ignoring the huge number of Hispanics from other countries. Stupid and uneducated people think all Hispanics are Mexican.

The statistics are on line at:

https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...istics/nonimmigrant-visa-statistics.html

If you have a few hours to waste and nothing better to do, check it and the hundreds of other data compilations out.

Keith

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread