No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: New York Law to Make Abortion a ‘Fundamental Right [Re: Finster] #6431055
01/17/19 07:03 AM
01/17/19 07:03 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
So beings it's MY BODY, I should be able to stand on the corner and cut myself up with a knife. But someone would call the cops and they would come stop me and haul me away. Nonna their bidness. IT"S MY BODY
It's obvious there's not a simple answer to this question....just one more sign of proof that our society is headed down the crapper. Add to that, that the ****bags really think rich folks should support them because THEY HAVE ENOUGH

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: New York Law to Make Abortion a ‘Fundamental Right [Re: Finster] #6431114
01/17/19 08:35 AM
01/17/19 08:35 AM
Akron, Ohio
bass10 Offline
trapper
bass10  Offline
trapper

Akron, Ohio
Some things just shouldn't be touched on with friends, I'd hate to point my views and have people think differently of me because of them. This is one
touchy subject.

"The more people I meet the more I love my dog!"
Re: New York Law to Make Abortion a ‘Fundamental Right [Re: The Beav] #6431322
01/17/19 10:40 AM
01/17/19 10:40 AM
mississippi, Stewart
Eric Yeatman Offline
trapper
Eric Yeatman  Offline
trapper

mississippi, Stewart
Originally Posted by The Beav
So a women Is gang raped and becomes pregnant. So all of you are saying she shouldn't have the right to abort that child.

Something should be done about that immediately. Not wait until the baby is ready to be born. Why would a woman wait that long

There are ready laws protecting mothers that may have serious complications at birth for abortion

Want to buy Fur Harvesting and Predator Control by Roy Kuykendal
Re: New York Law to Make Abortion a ‘Fundamental Right [Re: Finster] #6431338
01/17/19 10:54 AM
01/17/19 10:54 AM
Northern Minnesota
BernieB. Offline
trapper
BernieB.  Offline
trapper

Northern Minnesota
If you do not have the right to life, all other rights are meaningless. [color:#FF0000][/color]

Re: New York Law to Make Abortion a ‘Fundamental Right [Re: The Beav] #6431341
01/17/19 10:57 AM
01/17/19 10:57 AM
Northern Minnesota
BernieB. Offline
trapper
BernieB.  Offline
trapper

Northern Minnesota
So a women Is gang raped and becomes pregnant. So all of you are saying she shouldn't have the right to abort that child.

So you are saying that a rape has occurred so we should kill the child that is a result of that rape? Ridiculous.

There are thousands of people waiting in line to adopt that child. Two wrongs do not make things right.

Re: New York Law to Make Abortion a ‘Fundamental Right [Re: BernieB.] #6431410
01/17/19 11:41 AM
01/17/19 11:41 AM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by BernieB.

So you are saying that a rape has occurred so we should kill the child that is a result of that rape? Ridiculous.

There are thousands of people waiting in line to adopt that child. Two wrongs do not make things right.

I wouldn't want my daughter to have to go thru with a birth if she was raped. I would hope they could give her the morning after pill to take care of that, but if not ? I'd support her.

Re: New York Law to Make Abortion a ‘Fundamental Right [Re: Finster] #6431431
01/17/19 11:52 AM
01/17/19 11:52 AM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
One thing I think most of the pro-abortion group on here is not really thinking about is that the law will make it perfectly fine, legal and acceptable to abort a baby that is 24 weeks old for no other reason than you want to. That's 6 months into a 9 month pregnancy!

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: New York Law to Make Abortion a ‘Fundamental Right [Re: Finster] #6431440
01/17/19 12:02 PM
01/17/19 12:02 PM
Adirondacks, NY
Fisher Man Offline
trapper
Fisher Man  Offline
trapper

Adirondacks, NY
I believe that abortion is morally wrong and should not be performed as a method of birth control or convenience. The only time that it is ok, in my opinion, is for medical reasons for the mother or child. Abortion is murder plain and simple. Women's rights to choose? Where are the rights of the fetus? I'm all for women having equal rights as men, but I believe they do not have the right to murder their unborn children. What do you think the Lord has to say about That? With all of the modern methods of birth control there is no reason for them to have unwanted pregnancies in the first place.
Cuomo shacks up with his girlfriend in Albany, and that's OK, but he is so righteous that he had to pass the firearms "safe" act in the dark of the night. Both Cuomo and Hillary are the scum of the earth.Period!

my opinion [Re: Fisher Man] #6431655
01/17/19 03:43 PM
01/17/19 03:43 PM
Akron, Ohio
bass10 Offline
trapper
bass10  Offline
trapper

Akron, Ohio
Originally Posted by Fisherman
I believe that abortion is morally wrong and should not be performed as a method of birth control or convenience. The only time that it is ok, in my opinion, is for medical reasons for the mother or child. Abortion is murder plain and simple. Women's rights to choose? Where are the rights of the fetus? I'm all for women having equal rights as men, but I believe they do not have the right to murder their unborn children. What do you think the Lord has to say about That? With all of the modern methods of birth control there is no reason for them to have unwanted pregnancies in the first place.
Cuomo shacks up with his girlfriend in Albany, and that's OK, but he is so righteous that he had to pass the firearms "safe" act in the dark of the night. Both Cuomo and Hillary are the scum of the earth.Period!

Spot on Fisherman, if I had to make a choice between my wife and unborn I'd keep my wife 100% of the time. That'd be our choice. This is where things get complicated.

Last edited by bass10; 01/17/19 03:46 PM.

"The more people I meet the more I love my dog!"
Re: my opinion [Re: Finster] #6431669
01/17/19 04:08 PM
01/17/19 04:08 PM
North Carolina
DaYooper14 Offline
trapper
DaYooper14  Offline
trapper

North Carolina
I have looked in the mirror. My morals remain sound. Their body. Their choice. Some of the verbiage is wonky and disagreeable but making it a fundamental right sounds good to me. It's certainly within those persons whose religious beliefs say otherwise to see this as wrong, it is not within those persons rights to push and/or decide for those of another.

-- It seems all of Greece knows what is the right thing to do, but it is only the Spartans that do anything about it. --
Re: New York Law to Make Abortion a ‘Fundamental Right [Re: Catch22] #6431673
01/17/19 04:13 PM
01/17/19 04:13 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by Catch22
It really makes ya scratch your head in wonderment how such anti American people like Cuomo get elected.

By making speeches telling all the people looking for freebies who don't work that they promise to take the working people's money and give it to them.

Most in this country have things people in other countries only dream about. Yet, they want America to be more like those other countries.
Re: New York Law to Make Abortion a ‘Fundamental Right [Re: Finster] #6431681
01/17/19 04:26 PM
01/17/19 04:26 PM
Northern Minnesota
BernieB. Offline
trapper
BernieB.  Offline
trapper

Northern Minnesota
There are three people involved in any pregnancy. A father, a mother and a child. There is no other way around it. If you take away any of the three, you do not have a pregnancy. So why should one of those people be able to control the destinies of the other two?

This "her body" garbage is a lie. People throw that term around like it is some kind of a trump card but it is nothing more than a smokescreen for simple minds to hide behind. It is not "her body" that is being destroyed. The child is equally a result of the egg and a sperm. When we give one segment of society the privilege of deciding who lives and who dies, it's a slippery slope that leads to disaster for a civilized society. No civilized society can endure if we do not value the right to life of all people.

Re: New York Law to Make Abortion a ‘Fundamental Right [Re: Finster] #6431693
01/17/19 04:38 PM
01/17/19 04:38 PM
North Carolina
DaYooper14 Offline
trapper
DaYooper14  Offline
trapper

North Carolina
There are three people involved in any pregnancy. A father, a mother and a child. There is no other way around it. If you take away any of the three, you do not have a pregnancy. So why should one of those people be able to control the destinies of the other two?

This "her body" garbage is a lie. People throw that term around like it is some kind of a trump card but it is nothing more than a smokescreen for simple minds to hide behind. It is not "her body" that is being destroyed. The child is equally a result of the egg and a sperm. When we give one segment of society the privilege of deciding who lives and who dies, it's a slippery slope that leads to disaster for a civilized society. No civilized society can endure if we do not value the right to life of all people.

There's a few different points being thrown around in here. I'll dissect.

- easy, a fathers part in this lasts however long it takes to do the deed. this statement is also assuming of course that the father is even in the picture or that he wants the pregnancy. It's still her choice. Believing that the fathers role in this is anything more is, well, it was said best above "it is nothing more than a smokescreen for simple minds to hide behind"
"her body" garbage is a lie - The United States Supreme Court has declared abortion to be a "fundamental right" guaranteed by the US Constitution
"who lives and who dies = slippery slope" - Embryos and fetuses are not independent, self-determining beings, and abortion is the termination of a pregnancy, not a baby. A person's age is calculated from birth date, not conception, and fetuses are not counted in the US Census. The majority opinion in Roe v. Wade states that "the word 'person,' as used in the Fourteenth Amendment [of the US Constitution], does not include the unborn."

-- It seems all of Greece knows what is the right thing to do, but it is only the Spartans that do anything about it. --
Re: New York Law to Make Abortion a ‘Fundamental Right [Re: Trapper7] #6431698
01/17/19 04:41 PM
01/17/19 04:41 PM
ny
H
hudsonfur Offline
trapper
hudsonfur  Offline
trapper
H

ny
Originally Posted by Trapper7
Originally Posted by Catch22
It really makes ya scratch your head in wonderment how such anti American people like Cuomo get elected.

By making speeches telling all the people looking for freebies who don't work that they promise to take the working people's money and give it to them.

Because the Republicans can't come up with a decent pick that can run against him.

Re: New York Law to Make Abortion a ‘Fundamental Right [Re: DaYooper14] #6431703
01/17/19 04:47 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted by DaYooper14

- easy, a fathers part in this lasts however long it takes to do the deed. this statement is also assuming of course that the father is even in the picture or that he wants the pregnancy. It's still her choice. Believing that the fathers role in this is anything more is, well, it was said best above "it is nothing more than a smokescreen for simple minds to hide behind"
"her body" garbage is a lie - The United States Supreme Court has declared abortion to be a "fundamental right" guaranteed by the US Constitution
"who lives and who dies = slippery slope" - Embryos and fetuses are not independent, self-determining beings, and abortion is the termination of a pregnancy, not a baby. A person's age is calculated from birth date, not conception, and fetuses are not counted in the US Census. The majority opinion in Roe v. Wade states that "the word 'person,' as used in the Fourteenth Amendment [of the US Constitution], does not include the unborn."

Couldn't have been said better!

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: New York Law to Make Abortion a ‘Fundamental Right [Re: The Beav] #6431704
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak

No. Abortion is a privilege that should be regulated by each State according to the desires of each State's citizens. States have rights. Abortion is not a right. I always find it odd that you can have a right to a service?
confused

Last edited by Dirt; 01/17/19 04:48 PM.

Who is John Galt?
Re: New York Law to Make Abortion a ‘Fundamental Right [Re: DaYooper14] #6432466
01/18/19 11:18 AM
01/18/19 11:18 AM
Northern Minnesota
BernieB. Offline
trapper
BernieB.  Offline
trapper

Northern Minnesota

You're basing all your opinions on corrupt courts and flawed reasoning.

Why would the father of the child have absolutely no say in the future of his child? You skirted this issue entirely. He should have just as much choice as the mother because he has just as much involved in the fertilization as she was. If we are going to have abortion, both the father and the mother of the child should have an equal say in the matter. Furthermore, someone needs to speak for the child, who cannot speak for itself. Who is going to protect this child from having its limbs torn off and its head crushed? And that's what sensible people with a sense of right and wrong are doing.

Last edited by BernieB.; 01/18/19 11:24 AM.
Re: New York Law to Make Abortion a ‘Fundamental Right [Re: Finster] #6432492
01/18/19 11:44 AM
01/18/19 11:44 AM
North Carolina
DaYooper14 Offline
trapper
DaYooper14  Offline
trapper

North Carolina
The United States Supreme Court is corrupt? Has flawed reasoning? Interesting point of view. They are quite literally the best and brightest legal minds of their respective generations.
I did not skirt the father issue. Please re-read. It's a null argument.

Re: New York Law to Make Abortion a ‘Fundamental Right [Re: Finster] #6432641
01/18/19 02:17 PM
01/18/19 02:17 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
If the best legal minds do not agree 9-0 on a decision, then apparently, even the best legal minds have different interpretations of the Constitution.

P.S. I don't agree that all the members of the Supreme Court have the best legal minds, and even if they did, they make legal arguments to support their agendas.

Last edited by Dirt; 01/18/19 02:18 PM.

Who is John Galt?
Re: New York Law to Make Abortion a ‘Fundamental Right [Re: DaYooper14] #6432647
01/18/19 02:23 PM
01/18/19 02:23 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
I have looked in the mirror. My morals remain sound. Their body. Their choice. Some of the verbiage is wonky and disagreeable but making it a fundamental right sounds good to me. It's certainly within those persons whose religious beliefs say otherwise to see this as wrong, it is not within those persons rights to push and/or decide for those of another.

Your thinking that it is morally sound to kill a 6 month old baby in the womb says all I need to know about you.

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread