Strictly Trapping

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Trapping Only Forum)

TrappersPost
Please support Trappers post, a sponsor of the Strictly Trapping Forum

Print Thread
Hop To
different sets? #6431680
01/17/19 04:24 PM
01/17/19 04:24 PM
South Alabama
B
Bayou Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Bayou Trapper  Offline OP
trapper
B

South Alabama
I mentioned on a earlier post I had just put some 550's in the ground for Coyotes. My son just checked my trail cameras for me and told me that out of 5 cameras 3 of them had pictures of fox and bobcats. I caught 1 Gray Fox last night on a dirt hole set. Do I need to make an entirely different set for the bobcats away from the dirt holes that I have already set?

Re: different sets? [Re: Bayou Trapper] #6431697
01/17/19 04:40 PM
01/17/19 04:40 PM
Wisconsin
T
The Beav Offline
trapper
The Beav  Offline
trapper
T

Wisconsin
I have caught a ton of bobcats In dirt hole sets.

The forum Know It All according to Muskrat
Re: different sets? [Re: Bayou Trapper] #6431701
01/17/19 04:43 PM
01/17/19 04:43 PM
MN
S
SkyeDancer Offline
trapper
SkyeDancer  Offline
trapper
S

MN
I have caught cats in dirt holes set for coyotes. They have often been big hole dirt holes for visibility. You certainly could make some cubby or walk though sets if you want. Some snares in trails would work as well.

Last edited by SkyeDancer; 01/17/19 04:44 PM.
Re: different sets? [Re: SkyeDancer] #6431730
01/17/19 05:20 PM
01/17/19 05:20 PM
South Alabama
B
Bayou Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Bayou Trapper  Offline OP
trapper
B

South Alabama
thx for the replies. I may get some turkey feathers I have laying around the house and dress up a couple of sets and see if that will help. It just seems that fox love scratching around my Coyote sets and I get one every once in a while, but the bobcats seem to not fool w/ them as much. A few weeks ago before all the rain set in I caught some nice red fox "which is a rare thing in this part of the country lately". They were caught in my coyote dirt hole sets. Figured if I could catch a red fox I was doing something right, and the bobcats would be a piece of cake !

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Drifter, Wolfdog91