Wilderness Trapping and Living

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Dobbins' Catalog~

ATS
(Please support Ted's Fur Shed, our sponsor for the Wilderness Page)

Alaska Trappers Association

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: New Guy - To The Wilderness I Go! [Re: Posco] #6421796
01/08/19 12:25 AM
01/08/19 12:25 AM
Homer, Alaska, USA
W
Wolverine Hunter Offline OP
trapper
Wolverine Hunter  Offline OP
trapper
W

Homer, Alaska, USA
Posco - that is the one I was talking about! I found this article one day last summer when I was in Homer, being lazy. it is really interesting as my roots are in wildlife biology (that was my first degree) and we did radio collaring and tracking of white tail deer. How cool to see how those wolverine travel on a map! The vertical ground, as well as the square miles! Gives me hope that they will find me quicker than I will find them! Thanks for sharing. I read the entire thing again...

Re: New Guy - To The Wilderness I Go! [Re: Wolverine Hunter] #6422165
01/08/19 12:17 PM
01/08/19 12:17 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by Wolverine Hunter
Posco - that is the one I was talking about! I found this article one day last summer when I was in Homer, being lazy. it is really interesting as my roots are in wildlife biology (that was my first degree) and we did radio collaring and tracking of white tail deer. How cool to see how those wolverine travel on a map! The vertical ground, as well as the square miles! Gives me hope that they will find me quicker than I will find them! Thanks for sharing. I read the entire thing again...

If you could get up those slopes in the wintertime! Avalanche city. I've been all through those mountains and climbed a lot of them hunting for bear and they are steep.

That's a poke form Homer but you got some good intel right there giving you an idea where to set. You get the right bait on a valley floor and you'd probably be in business. I envy the daylights out of you guys. I miss that state.

Re: New Guy - To The Wilderness I Go! [Re: Wolverine Hunter] #6422175
01/08/19 12:26 PM
01/08/19 12:26 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
I assume the wolverine frequent those slopes looking for winterkill sheep and goats. I'd have to assume they scour the valley floor looking for winterkill moose. I can point you in a couple of directions if you're interested. It'd be a drive for you but the prize would be worth it if you could connect.

Re: New Guy - To The Wilderness I Go! [Re: Posco] #6423325
01/09/19 12:37 PM
01/09/19 12:37 PM
Homer, Alaska, USA
W
Wolverine Hunter Offline OP
trapper
Wolverine Hunter  Offline OP
trapper
W

Homer, Alaska, USA
Posco - sure I'm interested. you want to PM me or something? I'm new. Can you do that on here?

Re: New Guy - To The Wilderness I Go! [Re: Wolverine Hunter] #6436484
01/22/19 05:40 AM
01/22/19 05:40 AM
Homer, Alaska
Family Trapper Offline
trapper
Family Trapper  Offline
trapper

Homer, Alaska
Well famous or not. I am back. haha. Haven't had much to contribute lately so have resisted the urge to read about what I should be out doing myself. haha. Good talking with you tonight WH. Hope to get to know you and perhaps run a few trails around Homer. Never trapped much here. Most of my experience in Ak has been out west on the Lower Yukon. I have a bit of info to pass along. Lets have lunch.

Re: New Guy - To The Wilderness I Go! [Re: Wolverine Hunter] #6436713
01/22/19 11:49 AM
01/22/19 11:49 AM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
W

McGrath, AK
Hey Len.....we heard you were dead !!