Wilderness Trapping and Living

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Dobbins' Catalog~

ATS
(Please support Ted's Fur Shed, our sponsor for the Wilderness Page)

Alaska Trappers Association

Print Thread
Hop To
2014 Ski-Doo Tundra choke plunger issues #6456046
02/09/19 04:03 PM
02/09/19 04:03 PM
Manitoba, Canada
P
PmbnaTrpr Offline OP
trapper
PmbnaTrpr  Offline OP
trapper
P

Manitoba, Canada
Thought this would be the best place to ask cause a lot of you guys use tundras. This winter I've already broke three plungers and in wondering what I've been doing wrong. I can turn it to half choke but there's a lot of tension when I need to use full choke and that's when the plastic plunger that pulls the cables breaks where it is attached to the choke switch. If anyone can point me in the right direction to fix this problem I'd appreciate it. Im almost convinced that the plunger should be made of something different like metal or aluminum. Do they make such a thing?

This is the piece that keeps breaking it breaks where the pin goes through the switch and plunger.
[Linked Image]

Re: 2014 Ski-Doo Tundra choke plunger issues [Re: PmbnaTrpr] #6456653
02/10/19 08:22 AM
02/10/19 08:22 AM
Timmins Ontario
G
gibb Offline
trapper
gibb  Offline
trapper
G

Timmins Ontario
I had to change the plastic plunger a fw times on my 500 Polaris, but that was me breaking the lever off if the recoil handle slipped and hit the assemble. This may help with the cause of the actual problem,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjBxGqk4DGE

Re: 2014 Ski-Doo Tundra choke plunger issues [Re: PmbnaTrpr] #6460127
02/13/19 10:21 AM
02/13/19 10:21 AM
Nebraska
Trapset Offline
trapper
Trapset  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
I would say your cable is set to tight. Most of the time there is a "free play" adjustment on the cable down where it enters the carb, a threaded sleeve with a set nut. On my older Yamahas, when closed, there should be 1/8" free play on the lever. When adjusted that way the half and full position are set correctly. Thats where I would start.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  akntrpr, Ol' Blister, otterman