No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight [Re: white marlin] #6482053
03/05/19 09:14 PM
03/05/19 09:14 PM
OK
Aaron Proffitt Offline
trapper
Aaron Proffitt  Offline
trapper

OK
Originally Posted by white marlin
Originally Posted by James
Maybe we should also tolerate political differences amongst ourselves and other trappers, hunters, and shooters. If they support trapping, shooting, and hunting, they ought to be considered allies in the fight against the antis, regardless of their positions on other issues.

Insisting on lockstep political correctness is a surefire way to be divisive. Plays right into the antis' hands. Jim

but if they vote for people who would LIMIT our Freedoms (second amendment, especially) then they need to be called out on it.

most times, those who vote for Progressives "justify" their vote to their Sportsmen "brothers" by saying some version of "well, they'll NEVER get THAT (gun control) passed."

so Progressives get voted in and they pursue the very policies they SAID they'd pursue; and they get another half loaf of their Control Bread....

BUT...they didn't outright confiscate guns, so the trappers who voted for them can say..."see, I TOLD you"; and they'll continue to vote for their own destruction.

Exactly

Honor a Soldier. Be the kind of American worth fighting for.
Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight [Re: James] #6482115
03/05/19 10:09 PM
03/05/19 10:09 PM
Garden,Michigan
B
Buck (Zandra) Offline
trapper
Buck (Zandra)  Offline
trapper
B

Garden,Michigan
Originally Posted by James
Maybe we should also tolerate political differences amongst ourselves and other trappers, hunters, and shooters. If they support trapping, shooting, and hunting, they ought to be considered allies in the fight against the antis, regardless of their positions on other issues.

Insisting on lockstep political correctness is a surefire way to be divisive. Plays right into the antis' hands.

Jim

While I understand what your saying,I don't understand how you expect to win if you can't face up to who our enemy is.A guy can point out some Republican who backs some anti legistation.But the Democratic party has consistently backed and introduced the anti agenda in this country.I'm not saying that because I don't like the party I'm stating a fact.Look at whats happening in New Mexico right now with both anti hunting legislation and the gun bill.Count the amount of "D"'s that support this vs. the amount of "R"'S.This goes on time and time again.I remember one radical anti trapping bill in congress back in the mid '80's that had,if I remember right 117 Democrats backing it and 3 Republicans!If you guys are serious about this fight the first place you can start is with the Democratic Party and try to change their outlook on what we do and convince them to stop with the hillbilly and redneck insinuations,or as Hillary like to call us deplorables.

Buck(formely known as Zandra)
Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight [Re: MinkGuy] #6482124
03/05/19 10:19 PM
03/05/19 10:19 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I am a redneck. Im not a bit ashamed that I know how to feed out and butcher a hog or steer either one. I know how to hunt and butcher deer and elk. I know how to trap and pelt fur bearers. I know how to fish. I can usually fix whats broke even if I have to make a part. I can raise a garden and can the harvest. My wife can sew. Everything from quilts to blue jeans. (she is a red neck too) I might not know which fork to use but I can produce whatever is on the plate. A skill more valuable than some knotheads ideas about etiquette. I never finished high school but I can navigate this whole country with just the map in my head. Another valuable skill. I got another job offer again today that I'm not even looking for.

No shame at all when it comes to my roots.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight [Re: MinkGuy] #6482150
03/05/19 10:33 PM
03/05/19 10:33 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Why should I have to eat from a fixed menu? (Either Democrat or Republican platform.)

Why can't I order and eat what I want?

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight [Re: MinkGuy] #6482282
03/06/19 12:36 AM
03/06/19 12:36 AM
Garden,Michigan
B
Buck (Zandra) Offline
trapper
Buck (Zandra)  Offline
trapper
B

Garden,Michigan
I'm not looking to argue with you James,but I notice you back away from admitting which party is responsible for the trouble we have to respond to,organize for,and try to raise money so we can hang on to our rights and traditions.

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight [Re: Buck (Zandra)] #6482284
03/06/19 12:41 AM
03/06/19 12:41 AM
East of the Mason-Dixon Line
DelawareRob Offline
trapper
DelawareRob  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted by Buck (Zandra)
I'm not looking to argue with you James,but I notice you back away from admitting which party is responsible for the trouble we have to respond to,organize for,and try to raise money so we can hang on to our rights and traditions.

Both parties are responsible. Although, the left is more aggressive than the right at taking our second amendment rights. Both parties are about power and control, they both should be giving the freedom and choices back to the people.

Who is John Galt?

You don't rise to the occasion, you fall to the level of your training.

Semper Paratus
Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight [Re: David Morse] #6482291
03/06/19 12:52 AM
03/06/19 12:52 AM
DelawareRob Offline
trapper
DelawareRob  Offline
trapper

To the OP’s point, I agree.. we need to fight them at all cost. I am a member of multiple state and both national organizations. I will send emails and call representatives. We should all be actively involved with helping trapping regulations. We are currently trying to loosen trapping restrictions in Delaware, our biggest hurdle at this point is educating fellow trappers and getting their buyin about expanding our rights. Before we even take it to the public...

Remember, the key is to be active in trapping organizations, not just a member.

Who is John Galt?

You don't rise to the occasion, you fall to the level of your training.

Semper Paratus
Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight [Re: DelawareRob] #6482379
03/06/19 08:14 AM
03/06/19 08:14 AM
Garden,Michigan
B
Buck (Zandra) Offline
trapper
Buck (Zandra)  Offline
trapper
B

Garden,Michigan
Originally Posted by DelawareRob

Both parties are responsible. Although, the left is more aggressive than the right at taking our second amendment rights. Both parties are about power and control, they both should be giving the freedom and choices back to the people.

The original issue was about joining your state and national organizations and pulling your weight.And trying to give equal weight to both parties in the anti-hunting,trapping and gun fight is not true.Its not hard to examine sponsorship,co-sponsership,yeas or nays,on 2nd amendment and animal rights issues.And I guarantee you the winner by a large margin is the Democratic party.Call it for what it is.

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight [Re: MinkGuy] #6482395
03/06/19 08:32 AM
03/06/19 08:32 AM
Garden,Michigan
B
Buck (Zandra) Offline
trapper
Buck (Zandra)  Offline
trapper
B

Garden,Michigan
Go back and look at the example I gave on the anti trap bill in the mid -80's.117 to 3.What because 3 Republicans voted for it we can blame the whole party as equally as the Democrats?Hardly.I do not belong to the GOP,I do not march lock step with them on issues just because their the GOP,as a matter of fact,I'd keep a close eye on them on these issues nowdays because in the spirit of bipartisanship I can see them throwing the Dems a few bones every now and then on issues they don't deem really important,and in the mean time scoring points with the soccer mom crowd,which could very well mean throwing us under the bus.But to date,they;ve been far more receptive and easy to work with than the Dems,many of whom anymore come from inner cities and have absolutely no concept of what we do and don't care.

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight [Re: Buck (Zandra)] #6482407
03/06/19 08:37 AM
03/06/19 08:37 AM
Perham Minnesota 54
R
racerboy108 Offline
trapper
racerboy108  Offline
trapper
R

Perham Minnesota 54
Go back and look at the example I gave on the anti trap bill in the mid -80's.117 to 3.What because 3 Republicans voted for it we can blame the whole party as equally as the Democrats?Hardly.I do not belong to the GOP,I do not march lock step with them on issues just because their the GOP,as a matter of fact,I'd keep a close eye on them on these issues nowdays because in the spirit of bipartisanship I can see them throwing the Dems a few bones every now and then on issues they don't deem really important,and in the mean time scoring points with the soccer mom crowd,which could very well mean throwing us under the bus.But to date,they;ve been far more receptive and easy to work with than the Dems,many of whom anymore come from inner cities and have absolutely no concept of what we do and don't care.

Absolutely agree.

To many need a stronger backbone.

Just recently on Trumps wall they have showed exactly that. No backbone.

They say. Well we voted with the dems cause Trump will veto it anyway and we will get the wall than. So the chickens put it all on Trump to protect their own behind.

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight [Re: MinkGuy] #6482429
03/06/19 09:03 AM
03/06/19 09:03 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
My grandad hated driver license. Said it was a right to operate something you owned on roads you are forced to pay for through taxes.

When he was a boy most roads were trails. Told me when he was 12 his dad ( my great grandad) bought the first car in the county. (near Wiley CO) He bought it through the hardware store and it came to town on the train along with a drum of gasoline. When it came it was wheat harvest. They had to hire men and great grandad had to stay there. Sent my 12 year old grampa to town to get it. He walked the 6-7 miles and he and the guy who owned the hardware store read the manual and figured out how to drive it. Granpa drove it home and showed great granpa how to drive it.

Said it was another ten years or so before you had to get permission to drive your car. You had to go to town and pay a 50 cent tax and get a license. No test involved. Some tax payer maintained roads did exist and another fee gave you a vehicle license to use your car on those roads.

Its not a D and R thing. Its time to make political parties illegal. Time to hold individuals responsible for our loss of freedom. Both parties have no problem telling you to get permission before you start a business to create your own wealth or buy a shotgun to keep your family safe

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight [Re: MinkGuy] #6482540
03/06/19 10:47 AM
03/06/19 10:47 AM
South Dakota
R
Rat Masterson Offline
trapper
Rat Masterson  Offline
trapper
R

South Dakota
That's a good post Danny, lots of lessons in there, this day and age everyone involved would be going to jail.

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight [Re: racerboy108] #6482600
03/06/19 11:31 AM
03/06/19 11:31 AM
Nebraska
1crazytrapper Offline
trapper
1crazytrapper  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
Originally Posted by racerboy108
Originally Posted by WBG
James, to answer your question, although you already know the answer, those that support the left are supporting those that would end consumptive use of wildlife and take your guns away, almost to a man. I don't know how any outdoorsman or gun owner could vote democrat in these times.

Would this be like having two cakes. One with pretty frosting and the other has a better cake formula.

So you scrape the frosting off the one and put on the other.

I don't think it works that way.

The parties are what they and you are either eating one or the other.

anyone that votes democrat needs to take their blinders off and look around at what party is taking our 2 a rights, hunting rights and trapping rights away. If you want to vote democrat, you might as well plan on giving your guns, traps, and hunting gear away to people that would rather see an innocent baby murdered than see a rat being killed.

Member of NFH and NRA
Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight [Re: MinkGuy] #6482649
03/06/19 12:11 PM
03/06/19 12:11 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
I usually donate directly to who is fighting a bill or lawsuit. I like that a bigger percentage of the money is going to t he fight this way. I do join the Pa. Trappers when I go to a rondy also.

Last edited by hippie; 03/06/19 12:12 PM.
Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight [Re: MinkGuy] #6482666
03/06/19 12:21 PM
03/06/19 12:21 PM
NC, Orange Co.
QuietButDeadly Offline
trapper
QuietButDeadly  Offline
trapper

NC, Orange Co.
Fellas, I understand the political banter but I see this thread as a wake up call that we as trappers need to get our own house in order. When less than 15% of all trappers belong to an organized trapping association, how can we possibly expect our wildlife departments and our politicians to take us seriously.

If you are not a member of a trappers organization, who in the world do you think is going to stand up and fight to for you? In the world we live in today, the folks that scream the loudest get the most attention. Trappers are a small percentage of the overall population and that percentage is constantly shrinking. We need to stick together and promote what we do or we will surely lose the privilege to continue to do it.

Look at how many states have already lost the ability to use the tools that work the best. And look at the states that are currently engaged in battles with groups that want to further limit what we can do as trappers.

Make no mistake about it, the antis want all trapping, hunting and fishing stopped and they are working toward those goals every day.

Keep sitting on the sidelines expecting someone else to fight your battles and you will surely be the one that wonders what happened when you can no longer trap.

Get off your butt and do something yourself instead of expecting someone else to do it for you!

Life Member: NCTA, VTA, NTA, TTFHA, MFTI
Member: FTA NRA NWTF
Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight [Re: QuietButDeadly] #6482678
03/06/19 12:36 PM
03/06/19 12:36 PM
new york
H
henpecked1 Offline
trapper
henpecked1  Offline
trapper
H

new york
Great comment and observation, who else but an organization that has the infrastructure in place to represent our position. People say why join the NTA? QuietButDeadly has articulated it nicely,, sure you get a magazine, a card and some other niceties but what you are buying into is years of experience fighting for our position. Your initial membership fee's barely cover the subscription mailing and admin functions to make you a member.

f you are not a member of a trappers organization, who in the world do you think is going to stand up and fight to for you? In the world we live in today, the folks that scream the loudest get the most attention. Trappers are a small percentage of the overall population and that percentage is constantly shrinking. We need to stick together and promote what we do or we will surely lose the privilege to continue to do it.

Get off your butt and do something yourself instead of expecting someone else to do it for you! (great words)

Jim

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight [Re: MinkGuy] #6482711
03/06/19 01:16 PM
03/06/19 01:16 PM
new york
H
henpecked1 Offline
trapper
henpecked1  Offline
trapper
H

new york
For those that have not been on the NTA LINK please take a few moments to visit it. Take a look at what you are investing in, because that's the future for saving our hobby/industry.

http://www.nationaltrappers.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsbZhBFFgfo

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight [Re: MinkGuy] #6482738
03/06/19 01:53 PM
03/06/19 01:53 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Question..... when a fella donates to the NTA, does that money go into the general fund or do they keep it seperate kinda like donating to the ILA arm of the NRA, to just be used for legal battles?

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight [Re: QuietButDeadly] #6482784
03/06/19 02:34 PM
03/06/19 02:34 PM
Nebraska
1crazytrapper Offline
trapper
1crazytrapper  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
Originally Posted by QuietButDeadly
Fellas, I understand the political banter but I see this thread as a wake up call that we as trappers need to get our own house in order. When less than 15% of all trappers belong to an organized trapping association, how can we possibly expect our wildlife departments and our politicians to take us seriously.

If you are not a member of a trappers organization, who in the world do you think is going to stand up and fight to for you? In the world we live in today, the folks that scream the loudest get the most attention. Trappers are a small percentage of the overall population and that percentage is constantly shrinking. We need to stick together and promote what we do or we will surely lose the privilege to continue to do it.

Look at how many states have already lost the ability to use the tools that work the best. And look at the states that are currently engaged in battles with groups that want to further limit what we can do as trappers.

Make no mistake about it, the antis want all trapping, hunting and fishing stopped and they are working toward those goals every day.

Keep sitting on the sidelines expecting someone else to fight your battles and you will surely be the one that wonders what happened when you can no longer trap.

Get off your butt and do something yourself instead of expecting someone else to do it for you!

IMO...Exactly why the political angle is the most important. I do agree that we all band together and I do belong to several pro trapping organizations. However all of the states that are having all of these infringements on our 2a rights and outdoor heritage sports, are controlled by the democratic party. Time for everyone that hunts, traps and owns firearms to wake up and vote for the people that protect their rights to do so. Voters are the ones that control who is in the position to make and change the law. Voting for people that want to take those rights away from us seems very counterproductive. If we got all the democratic sportsmen to lean the other way, maybe it could make a difference. Joining all of the pro trapping and hunting organizations that exist, will not help our cause unless we elect people that actually stand by us on these issues.

Member of NFH and NRA
Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight [Re: 1crazytrapper] #6482787
03/06/19 02:37 PM
03/06/19 02:37 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by 1crazytrapper
Originally Posted by QuietButDeadly

IMO...Exactly why the political angle is the most important. I do agree that we all band together and I do belong to several pro trapping organizations. However all of the states that are having all of these infringements on our 2a rights and outdoor heritage sports, are controlled by the democratic party. Time for everyone that hunts, traps and owns firearms to wake up and vote for the people that protect their rights to do so. Voters are the ones that control who is in the position to make and change the law. Voting for people that want to take those rights away from us seems very counterproductive. If we got all the democratic sportsmen to lean the other way, maybe it could make a difference. Joining all of the pro trapping and hunting organizations that exist, will not help our cause unless we elect people that actually stand by us on these issues.

Right on! They vote dem until it's too late and then look for help. You don't have to look very far at all to see the ones who do this either!!

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread