No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Pulled over! #6510248
04/04/19 09:58 PM
04/04/19 09:58 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Well, I was working at the Perry plant in Ohio and staying at some dump of a campground in Thompson Ohio. I was doing 12.5 hour shifts with only one day off. I was switching from nights to days which sucked and in 72 hours I had maybe 12 hours of sleep so I was very grumpy. I was switching over a few hours a day which in hindsight, just prolonged the agony. Anyway, I was coming into Thompson on a Friday night around midnight. The speed limit goes from 55 to 35 with no warning and in 500 yards there is a stop sign which is a roundabout. I pass a cop coming the other direction just after (apparently) I get into this unmarked, mysterious 35mph zone. (I checked this all out the next day by the way... No signs).. He turns around and lights me up. By now, I'm in the roundabout and I pull over immediately. At this point I'm 1/4 mile from my camper, I'm insanely tired and grumpy to boot. He comes up to the truck and before he can open his mouth I say, "what's the issue officer?" (kind of snotty) He answers back, "The issue is you were doing 53 in a 35 zone." (even snottier) CRAP!, now I'm in the wrong I thought. I gave him my license, registration and insurance. He came back a few minutes later and asked me a few questions. The usual, where ya going, what ya doing, blah, blah, blah. He handed my stuff back, told me the local speed limits and told me to watch it. I guess my point here is that we were both in a mood and after we both had a very brief chat, we both deescalated the issue. We both gave one another respect and I appreciated his professionalism.

Last edited by Finster; 04/04/19 10:00 PM.

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: Pulled over! [Re: Finster] #6510256
04/04/19 10:05 PM
04/04/19 10:05 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Synopsis, stay out of Ohio. Our State sucks, don't get me wrong, but we don't need your like here.

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Pulled over! [Re: Catch22] #6510262
04/04/19 10:10 PM
04/04/19 10:10 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by Catch22
Synopsis, stay out of Ohio. Our State sucks, don't get me wrong, but we don't need your like here.
Well, I hate to tell you but we had a vote and you're not even allowed over here!
grin

Last edited by Finster; 04/04/19 10:10 PM.

Re: Pulled over! [Re: Finster] #6510267
04/04/19 10:13 PM
04/04/19 10:13 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
So,,,you were still going the speed limit of the last speed limit sign.New speed limit with no new sign or warning of a speed change?Should have jumped out and punched him in the gut.You wouldn't have had to spend that night in the crappy camp ground.Free room and board. wink

Last edited by upstateNY; 04/04/19 10:23 PM.

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Pulled over! [Re: Finster] #6510292
04/04/19 10:35 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted by Finster
Originally Posted by Catch22
Well, I hate to tell you but we had a vote and you're not even allowed over here!
grin

Lol, Keep gone boy.....

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Pulled over! [Re: Finster] #6510293
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
He ran your info and was hoping something would come up he could thump you with, when it didn't, he paused and thought about your "deal". He asked, you confirmed and both on your way.

-Goofy-
Re: Pulled over! [Re: HobbieTrapper] #6510302
04/04/19 10:45 PM
04/04/19 10:45 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
He ran your info and was hoping something would come up he could thump you with, when it didn't, he paused and thought about your "deal". He asked, you confirmed and both on your way.

Actually, he was fishing for drunks..... just my opinion.

Re: Pulled over! [Re: Finster] #6510306
04/04/19 10:53 PM
04/04/19 10:53 PM
Va
P
pass-thru Offline
trapper
pass-thru  Offline
trapper
P

Va
He pulled you over with no cause, trampled all over your constitutional rights, and left you feeling good about the whole thing. You Sir, are no sheepdog.

Re: Pulled over! [Re: Finster] #6510308
04/04/19 10:54 PM
04/04/19 10:54 PM
nm
A
adam m Offline
trapper
adam m  Offline
trapper
A

nm
Glad it worked out. Here there needs to be reduce speed limit sign 1/4 mile distance for anything over 10 mph reduction.
My last time pulled over was very pleasant. I'm headed down the road stop at a light officer is one car back next lane over. We get going he gets behind me and lights me up. Before he approaches I grab my paperwork & both DL and CCW as he approaches I could tell he was kinda upset so i tell him hi, before we go further i do have a ccw here is my license, my weapon is holstered on hip, please let me know how to proceed. His attitude quickly changed tells me my registration came back as a silver Dodge not green. I tell when I bought it, it was green. Verified my vin he tells me have a good night and thank you.

Re: Pulled over! [Re: pass-thru] #6510309
04/04/19 10:56 PM
04/04/19 10:56 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by pass-thru
He pulled you over with no cause, trampled all over your constitutional rights, and left you feeling good about the whole thing. You Sir, are no sheepdog.
Hi Daddy issues, I see once again you prove yourself to be a complete and total tool. Keep talking, you amuse me with your idiocy.

Re: Pulled over! [Re: Finster] #6510325
04/04/19 11:07 PM
04/04/19 11:07 PM
MN, USA
star flakes Offline
trapper
star flakes  Offline
trapper

MN, USA
It has nothing to do with respect. He ran your tags and the reality is you were WORKING. You happened to be employed and he was told not to pick on people of certain employers or he would hear about it.
I was picked up here last year with my finance. I was driving the speed limit, but I got lit up, because my tags were out of state. The most attentive highway patrol was going to rob me no matter what I did as he would have found something. I didn't have on a seat belt as I will not wear them for my own reasons. I got lectured about how people had just got killed not wearing belts (which were Mexican illegals who never get stopped) and I had enough of that so cut him off and asked how to pay the ticket, which really upset him as he was not done acting like he was saving lives when what he was doing was nailing every out of state tag. He was a real gem in after all this, he deliberately delayed filing the ticket so it took another week to pay the thing online.

A cop stops you, they are stopping you because that is how they pay for things. If you get let off, it is because they have been told to not ticket you. Our local police never ticket people in our town, but have speed traps they nail every person not in the county. If you were not working where you were, he would have found something to ticket you for, and probably had you outside your vehicle for a half hour "walking a line" to see if you were intoxicated.

Re: Pulled over! [Re: Finster] #6510332
04/04/19 11:17 PM
04/04/19 11:17 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted by Finster
Hi Daddy issues, I see once again you prove yourself to be a complete and total tool. Keep talking, you amuse me with your idiocy.

Awe, you got your feelings hurt.

Re: Pulled over! [Re: Finster] #6510346
04/04/19 11:45 PM
04/04/19 11:45 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Glad you did not get ticketed. Where I am going/been and what I am doing is no cops business during a traffic infraction stop. "With all due respect I am not answering any questions that are not related to why you pulled me over". Period.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Pulled over! [Re: pass-thru] #6510355
04/05/19 12:03 AM
04/05/19 12:03 AM
nm
A
adam m Offline
trapper
adam m  Offline
trapper
A

nm

He was pulled over for speeding. That's cause

Re: Pulled over! [Re: star flakes] #6510375
04/05/19 02:30 AM
04/05/19 02:30 AM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
Originally Posted by star flakes
It has nothing to do with respect. He ran your tags and the reality is you were WORKING. You happened to be employed and he was told not to pick on people of certain employers or he would hear about it.
I was picked up here last year with my finance. I was driving the speed limit, but I got lit up, because my tags were out of state. The most attentive highway patrol was going to rob me no matter what I did as he would have found something. I didn't have on a seat belt as I will not wear them for my own reasons. I got lectured about how people had just got killed not wearing belts (which were Mexican illegals who never get stopped) and I had enough of that so cut him off and asked how to pay the ticket, which really upset him as he was not done acting like he was saving lives when what he was doing was nailing every out of state tag. He was a real gem in after all this, he deliberately delayed filing the ticket so it took another week to pay the thing online.

A cop stops you, they are stopping you because that is how they pay for things. If you get let off, it is because they have been told to not ticket you. Our local police never ticket people in our town, but have speed traps they nail every person not in the county. If you were not working where you were, he would have found something to ticket you for, and probably had you outside your vehicle for a half hour "walking a line" to see if you were intoxicated.

Got any proof to back up your first paragraph?

Re: Pulled over! [Re: adam m] #6510376
04/05/19 02:31 AM
04/05/19 02:31 AM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
Originally Posted by adam m

He was pulled over for speeding. That's cause

But there was no signage so there was no cause just the officer saying he was speeding.

Re: Pulled over! [Re: Finster] #6510390
04/05/19 05:16 AM
04/05/19 05:16 AM
Nebraska
WadeRyan Offline
trapper
WadeRyan  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
I spend a lot of time around our local law enforcement. Most of them work security for the hospital I work at through the night. The local police officer that has the most DUI's to his name out of all of the other officers combined in the city explained to me that he doesn't even try to pull over people for DUI, and actually he resents it because it's a lot more paperwork than he'd normally have to deal with. He said he just pulls people over when they have obvious issues with their vehicle head light out, brights on in town, not using turn signals etc. He said the smell of alcohol permeates quite easily and there's been a number of time's he'd never even known the driver was drunk without his nose. I live in a pretty good place. Don't have to worry much about law enforcement out to get me. Most of the ones I have been involved with are just average guys/gals providing for their families and I can respect them for that.

Follow me on YouTube if you’re bored

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5Ulx1woYMmCN3IPLB0wwFw

Re: Pulled over! [Re: WadeRyan] #6510404
04/05/19 06:14 AM
04/05/19 06:14 AM
Ohio
C
Cooncreek II Offline
trapper
Cooncreek II  Offline
trapper
C

Ohio
Originally Posted by WadeRyan
I spend a lot of time around our local law enforcement. Most of them work security for the hospital I work at through the night. The local police officer that has the most DUI's to his name out of all of the other officers combined in the city explained to me that he doesn't even try to pull over people for DUI, and actually he resents it because it's a lot more paperwork than he'd normally have to deal with. He said he just pulls people over when they have obvious issues with their vehicle head light out, brights on in town, not using turn signals etc. He said the smell of alcohol permeates quite easily and there's been a number of time's he'd never even known the driver was drunk without his nose. I live in a pretty good place. Don't have to worry much about law enforcement out to get me. Most of the ones I have been involved with are just average guys/gals providing for their families and I can respect them for that.

I've never been stopped for driving careful, only when doing something against the rules shocked

Re: Pulled over! [Re: Finster] #6510412
04/05/19 06:48 AM
04/05/19 06:48 AM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

I was pulled over a few months back and was accused of driving 71 in a 55 mph zone. I pretty much told the officer he was lying, because he was, and he didn't seem to care for this much. He didn't write me a ticket. I don't know if it was because he realized he was wrong or he knew some of the folks that I mentioned I knew who worked in the courthouse. smile

Re: Pulled over! [Re: Finster] #6510428
04/05/19 07:14 AM
04/05/19 07:14 AM
Magna, Utah
G
GritGuy Offline
trapper
GritGuy  Offline
trapper
G

Magna, Utah
I get pulled over and I'm just answering whats pertinent to the supposed infraction, not in any snotty or arrogant way, even if I've had a bad day.
Learned many, many years ago way before everyone had a chip on their shoulders about being against LEO's just for seeing them, LOL that it never pays in the long run to make things worse with an attitude.

I don't get why people think every LEO is a bad one now day's, they are not and just doing a thankless job for the most part, giving one smart remarks or showing an attitude towards them when pulled over just puts them on alert for other things to watch out for.

Guess people just are not as smart as they let on to be !

[Linked Image]

Sorry if my opinions or replies offend you, they are not meant to !

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread