No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
WIS Fishing Regs #6515336
04/11/19 08:31 AM
04/11/19 08:31 AM
La Crosse, WI
Macthediver Offline OP
trapper
Macthediver  Offline OP
trapper

La Crosse, WI
Went out yesterday in the crap weather fishing with the boys..Catch my six legal walleyes and then Chia tells me I can't fish no more even if everything I catch I released..
I'm like what?
He says there is new rule once you catch your limit of a particular fish you can no longer fish with same method even if you release any fish you catch. I called BS on that having never heard of such a thing. Later on way home he brings it up on his phone and shows me..
So I've looked on line and also have the new regs right here. I know I'm not the sharpest tool. I can't seem to find what he had up on his phone in my hard copy of regs.
If there really is a reg that says I can't fish once I reach my limit even if I catch and release. When and where did that get snuck in the regs???
How would they ever enforce that in a body of water with multiple legal species??
Anyone know if it's a real deal???

Here is Chia with his limit finishing fish. We did all three of us limit out, so had 18 nice fish. I just can't figure out how to get the picture off my phone. I took this pic with my camera.
[Linked Image]

Rail road dick didn't stop us or run us out. he was stopping folks the other day when water was higher putting people closer to tracks.

Mac

"Never Forget Which Way Is Up"

Re: WIS Fishing Regs [Re: Macthediver] #6515341
04/11/19 08:39 AM
04/11/19 08:39 AM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
Mac
What if you have your limit of pike, and you keep targeting pike and you get one and it swallow the hook and is bleeding, You know it will die. Maybe that is what they are thinking. Who knows. Glad you got your limit!!

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: WIS Fishing Regs [Re: Getting There] #6515344
04/11/19 08:45 AM
04/11/19 08:45 AM
La Crosse, WI
Macthediver Offline OP
trapper
Macthediver  Offline OP
trapper

La Crosse, WI
Originally Posted by Getting There
Mac
What if you have your limit of pike, and you keep targeting pike and you get one and it swallow the hook and is bleeding, You know it will die. Maybe that is what they are thinking. Who knows. Glad you got your limit!!

I can cut the line and let it go... way I read what he had up on his phone.. I could catch 5 walleyes keep fishing catch and release as long as I didn't stringer or bucket the 6th fish...would only be once I had 6th fish I would have to stop..I will have to ask Chia what page he found that reg on. I get that they don't want people culling has always been that..I can stand there and catch and release all day far as I know.

Mac

Re: WIS Fishing Regs [Re: Macthediver] #6515345
04/11/19 08:46 AM
04/11/19 08:46 AM
USA-WI
K
Kre Offline
trapper
Kre  Offline
trapper
K

USA-WI
I think Chia is right. You can't keep fishing walleyes once you have your limit of walleyes.

You could keep fishing and if a warden checks, you could say you're fishing bass. But, you'd probably end up w/ a ticket and have to plead your case to a judge.

Re: WIS Fishing Regs [Re: Macthediver] #6515352
04/11/19 08:56 AM
04/11/19 08:56 AM
Wisconsin
Muskrat Offline
trapper
Muskrat  Offline
trapper

Wisconsin
Wonder how that applies to tournament fishing?

Re: WIS Fishing Regs [Re: Macthediver] #6515355
04/11/19 08:58 AM
04/11/19 08:58 AM
La Crosse, WI
Macthediver Offline OP
trapper
Macthediver  Offline OP
trapper

La Crosse, WI
Originally Posted by Kre
I think Chia is right. You can't keep fishing walleyes once you have your limit of walleyes.

You could keep fishing and if a warden checks, you could say you're fishing bass. But, you'd probably end up w/ a ticket and have to plead your case to a judge.

Ok so we are fishing in multi species water... I switched my lure and kept fishing. I caught a small mouth and released it. But then caught another Walleye, which I immediately released?? how does does that work. change bait again to something different??

Mac

Re: WIS Fishing Regs [Re: Macthediver] #6515364
04/11/19 09:10 AM
04/11/19 09:10 AM
Wisconsin
E
Eagleye Offline
trapper
Eagleye  Offline
trapper
E

Wisconsin

Here's what I found in the regulation- open for interpretation but it might be what Chia is referring to, obviously you can't have over the daily bag limit in your possession- but this does say "or fish"

• to possess or fish for more than the daily bag limit of fish while you’re fishing or while
you’re on the water, shore of the water, or on the ice, regardless of number of days fished.

The regulation always addressed culling fish, meaning you can't keep fishing walleyes and swap out larger fish to keep the same bag limit requirement.

Re: WIS Fishing Regs [Re: Macthediver] #6515455
04/11/19 10:41 AM
04/11/19 10:41 AM
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI
Not a new rule. Been that way a long time.

No Jab.
Re: WIS Fishing Regs [Re: Macthediver] #6515484
04/11/19 11:12 AM
04/11/19 11:12 AM
WI
H
handitrapper Offline
trapper
handitrapper  Offline
trapper
H

WI
Still leaves a BIG GRAY area if fishing for multiple species. You may have to justify the different species? But then again, they would have to have evidence or proof that you weren’t.

Last edited by handitrapper; 04/11/19 11:16 AM.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread