No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Interesting Mayan Discoveries [Re: Chancey] #6542562
05/23/19 09:12 AM
05/23/19 09:12 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Online content

trapper
330-Trapper  Online Content

trapper

Minnesota
Yes, Amazing thread!!!

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Interesting Mayan Discoveries [Re: Donnersurvivor] #6543125
05/24/19 10:53 AM
05/24/19 10:53 AM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline OP
trapper
Chancey  Offline OP
trapper
C

Central Texas
Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor
Wish I had seen this thread earlier, ill have to go through and start at the beginning. The similarities found on both sides of the Atlantic are uncanny, I believe Atlantis was a real place and they had a trade network that would of connected both sides of the Atlantic.

Donnersurvivor, have you ever heard of the Piri Reis map?

It is a map made in 1513 and uses the Mercator Projection; a projection that is said to not have been used by European cartographers until the late 16th century. It details south America and appears to show the continent of Antarctica, the Azores, the Canary Islands, and a the so-called “mythical” island of Antillia.

Antarctica is of interest because it was not discovered until nearly 300 years after the map was printed. Many people think that the area shown is not Antarctica and the map is controversial depending on one’s world view.

I agree about the similarities on both sides of the Atlantic. These similarities, especially in Megalithic architecture, are so astonishing to me that I think it is hard to argue that the peoples did not share a common knowledge. Interesting to think that Atlantis could have been where the present-day Azores are located today. There are underwater cities found all over the globe. There are mysterious underwater temples found in Lake Titicaca at depths of over 100 feet. The similarities between Gobekli Teppe, Turkey and Cusco, Peru are mind blowing. The ancient Andes civilizations such as the Nazca, Paracas, and Chachapoya cultures all practiced mummification, elongated skulls, and trepanation. These practices were also used by ancient civilizations around the middle east and Black Sea areas.

The evidence makes it clear to me that an advanced civilization existed and navigated the globe long, long ago. I don’t think we give the ancient ones near enough credit.

Resident Conspiracy Theorist
Accused Moron, Nazi, Low IQ, and Putin Fan Boy
Re: Interesting Mayan Discoveries [Re: Chancey] #6543149
05/24/19 11:26 AM
05/24/19 11:26 AM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline OP
trapper
Chancey  Offline OP
trapper
C

Central Texas
Lots of mystery surround the map, but it is very interesting....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMeoy6aQX1U

Re: Interesting Mayan Discoveries [Re: Chancey] #6758959
02/05/20 03:45 PM
02/05/20 03:45 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline OP
trapper
Chancey  Offline OP
trapper
C

Central Texas
This is a really amazing documentary about the Great Mayan Aquifer Project. It talks about how the Mayans were able to make their calendar and calculate the path of the sun. They have also recently found a very large cenote under the main castle at Chichen Itza. Using underwater archaeology and geophysics scientists are beginning to discover that many of the Mayan myths are based on something real. The documentary is in Spanish with English subtitles, but I thought it was still very interesting. The underwater footage and how they navigate and map the underwater caves is fascinating! Hope I posted the link correctly.

Great Mayan Aquifer Project

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZc3W3aMdLg

Re: Interesting Mayan Discoveries [Re: Chancey] #6759675
02/05/20 10:15 PM
02/05/20 10:15 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline OP
trapper
Chancey  Offline OP
trapper
C

Central Texas
Very interesting show on NOVA right now about glaciation, and how different the climate was 12,000 years ago.

Re: Interesting Mayan Discoveries [Re: Chancey] #6759707
02/05/20 10:33 PM
02/05/20 10:33 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline OP
trapper
Chancey  Offline OP
trapper
C

Central Texas
The show claims that human beings are the reason for the modern day decline in glaciers and melting of the permafrost. I don't necessarily buy all that, but it is interesting to look at the data from the ice cores on what the world was like back then.

Re: Interesting Mayan Discoveries [Re: Chancey] #6760481
02/06/20 01:58 PM
02/06/20 01:58 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline OP
trapper
Chancey  Offline OP
trapper
C

Central Texas
Now this is cool. A new study just released yesterday in the journal Plos One suggests that there were two very distinct populations of paleo-indians inhabiting Mexico over 10,000 years ago. One distinct population in central Mexico and one inhabiting the Yucatan where the Maya were. As we have discussed earlier on this thread, this evidence is really challenging traditional dogma about the settlement of the Americas. The researchers are saying that their evidence points to two conclusions......

1. They are derived from human populations from different geographical points of orign.....or,
2. They are the result of local micro-evolutionary processes

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/ancient-skeleton-mexico-underwater-cave-early-americans

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0227984

Last edited by Chancey; 02/06/20 02:00 PM.

Re: Interesting Mayan Discoveries [Re: Chancey] #6760701
02/06/20 05:50 PM
02/06/20 05:50 PM
Philippines, s.e. asia,ohio
west river rogue Online content
trapper
west river rogue  Online Content
trapper

Philippines, s.e. asia,ohio
Originally Posted by Chancey
I found this interesting and thought others might think so too.

Researchers are finding all sorts of new stuff out about Mayan civilization. Using LIDAR in the jungles of Guatemala, they have found over 60,000 unknown structures. Also canals, dykes, reservoirs, and other complex irrigation and travel systems including roads and bridges. This suggests that the area could have harbored millions of residents.

http://www.sciencealert.com/guatemala-maya-civilisation-lidar-vast-megalopolis-hidden-for-centuries

They have also just found vast underwater caves linking many of the cenotes. These new caves span vast distances and are full of all kinds of extinct megafauna, human remains, and other strange things. I'd really like to see pictures and descriptions of everything they are finding, but they aren't letting many details and pictures out.

http://www.sciencealert.com/world-s-largest-flooded-cave-discovered-under-mexico-yucatan-sac-actun

watched alot about that...really interesting and many they say pre-dates bc

Re: Interesting Mayan Discoveries [Re: Chancey] #6931168
07/15/20 11:41 PM
07/15/20 11:41 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline OP
trapper
Chancey  Offline OP
trapper
C

Central Texas
Check This Out!!

The ancient Mayans were mining 12K+ years ago and like we've been discussing, genetic testing is rewriting the dominant paradigm! Cool stuff, I wish I knew how to put a link in so you can see it!

https://www.sciencealert.com/ancien...red-in-underwater-caves-on-mexican-coast

https://www.sciencealert.com/new-ev...between-native-americans-and-polynesians

Re: Interesting Mayan Discoveries [Re: Chancey] #6931177
07/15/20 11:55 PM
07/15/20 11:55 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
Imagine a time before monogamy, I image young men unable to find mates were quite adventurous, it doesn't surprise me some may have said from east to west on a wooden raft.

Re: Interesting Mayan Discoveries [Re: Chancey] #6931204
07/16/20 02:23 AM
07/16/20 02:23 AM
Pottsboro TX Grayson county
J
Jiggamitch Offline
trapper
Jiggamitch  Offline
trapper
J

Pottsboro TX Grayson county
My high school chemistry teacher went to some ruins on a dig when she was in college and found an amazing obsidian bladed knife. The handle appeared to be jade as it was carved green stone. She didn't tell anyone and smuggled it back to the U.S. Was probably 10 inches long in total. It was in perfect shape, but she informed us later that during a move to a new house the movers knocked it off her display and the blade broke off.

Re: Interesting Mayan Discoveries [Re: Chancey] #6931300
07/16/20 07:50 AM
07/16/20 07:50 AM
MN
W
walleye101 Offline
trapper
walleye101  Offline
trapper
W

MN
Originally Posted by Chancey

Wow wr otis! I googled him and found this from NOAA. This is from the initial start of his research in the Gulf in 2008 and some of their findings. They were finding stuff on the Continental Shelf in the Gulf at depths of 300 feet under water!

and Al Gore was freaking out over a projected 3 foot rise in sea level.

Re: Interesting Mayan Discoveries [Re: Chancey] #7412111
11/22/21 08:15 PM
11/22/21 08:15 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline OP
trapper
Chancey  Offline OP
trapper
C

Central Texas
Wow! A new study and evidence suggests that the old theory of the Mayans farming themselves to death and causing climate change, may just not hold up.
Seems that they were performing and preparing for sustainable agriculture during those times......

"In conversations about contemporary climate or ecological crises, the Maya are often brought up as a cautionary tale: "They screwed up; we don't want to repeat their mistakes,'" Scherer said. "But maybe the Maya were more forward-thinking than we give them credit for. Our survey shows there's a good argument to be made that their agricultural practices were very much sustainable."

Interesting read below:

https://phys.org/news/2021-11-ancient-maya-agricultural-cautionary-tale.html

Re: Interesting Mayan Discoveries [Re: Mike in A-town] #7412129
11/22/21 08:37 PM
11/22/21 08:37 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline OP
trapper
Chancey  Offline OP
trapper
C

Central Texas
Originally Posted by Mike in A-town
I believe there was far more Pre-Columbian contact than we know about or are told about.

Mike

Interesting stuff here Mike.....

https://phys.org/news/2021-11-archaeologists-pre-columbian-mass-grave-peru.html

Re: Interesting Mayan Discoveries [Re: Chancey] #7780847
01/24/23 01:37 AM
01/24/23 01:37 AM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline OP
trapper
Chancey  Offline OP
trapper
C

Central Texas
This is a must read if you are interested in this kind of stuff! Very, very good. It's also available as an audiobook.

Lost City of the Monkey God

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread