Health Issues Forum

Home ~ Mission Statement ~ Trap Talk ~ ADC Forum ~ Trap Shed ~ Trap Chat
Trapper Tips ~ Links ~ Gallery ~ Basic Sets ~ Convention Calendar ~ Trapper's Humor
Fur Buyers Directory ~ Trapper's Tales ~ Words From The Past ~ Legends ~ Archives
~Catalog~

Print Thread
Hop To
Side effects #6549700
06/04/19 11:33 PM
06/04/19 11:33 PM
WI - Wisconsin
A
AJE Offline OP
trapper
AJE  Offline OP
trapper
A

WI - Wisconsin
Ever read the packet that comes with your medicine when you pick it up at the pharmacy? I'm sure you've noticed the long list of potential side effects. I sometimes wonder if that list is realistic, or if the manufacturer just lists nearly every possible side effect imaginable to cover themselves from liability.

Re: Side effects [Re: AJE] #6549721
06/05/19 12:02 AM
06/05/19 12:02 AM
West Central MN
20scout Offline
trapper
20scout  Offline
trapper

West Central MN
My doctor said most of that is to cover the manufacturers tail. If you burp after drinking a soda, is it the soda or the meds?

Last edited by 20scout; 06/05/19 12:02 AM. Reason: Reworded it

Common sense is a not a vegetable that does well in everyone's garden.
Re: Side effects [Re: AJE] #6559844
06/21/19 02:01 PM
06/21/19 02:01 PM
MN, USA
star flakes Offline
trapper
star flakes  Offline
trapper

MN, USA
The base of most medications are plants which you would never eat. Just like you would not eat a hog pancreas which is where insulin used to be produced from in humans. Most of those plants in which medications come from would kill you if you ate them, so there are side effects. But in noting that, every thing you eat has side effects. Eat too much sugar and you will swell up like a balloon. Eat oranges the side effect is you do not get rickets.
People vary in what they can ingest. Some people drink beer with no problems and others get stomach problems. Not every long or short chain reacts the same with your amino acid structure, so not every side effect effects every person in medications.
There is though a reality in medications make huge amounts of money, which is why they are prescribed. Most people do not need all the meds they pop and rattle around with every day. My dad had high blood pressure, because he was fat. That pill killed his B cells in his pancreas so he developed diabetes, which in time as he refused to lay off sugar, produced a silent heart attack which killed him. So fried chicken produced in quantity high blood pressure and a pill killed him, which was coming anyway and the pill just delayed the death. In the meantime, his prolonged life manifested another exotic lung disease which almost killed him, but was cured with steroids and blood thinners, whose side effects were aggressiveness and severe bruising.
My mother was the exact opposite in she took no meds, had a weak heart, fluid built up, it was dealt with, but eventually her heart quit. If she would have taken diuretics, she would have lingered, had amputations from the fluid in her legs and died slowing in a nursing home. That is a horrid side effect not on the bottle in a prolonged life past it's time. Nature does inform people when it is time to check the door, as she broke her hip 10 years before her death, was pinned, put on a calcium bone enhancer for year, and it gave her about 8 more years of watching television.
Everything has causes and effects. Some things I would not choose, like meds that turn people into zombies so they do not react when you say hello to them, but they are still alive. One of the leading causes of death in the United States are prescription medications each year. Pharm is in it to make money and if they can save you from one condition and kill you with another, as long as it makes money, is all that they are interested in.

Re: Side effects [Re: AJE] #6623068
09/22/19 11:12 PM
09/22/19 11:12 PM
WI - Wisconsin
A
AJE Offline OP
trapper
AJE  Offline OP
trapper
A

WI - Wisconsin
Pharmacueticals list so many sife effects I think it confuses many people and scares others away from taking the med.
I know 1 old guy in which his niece told me if he reads the pamphlet of side effects that it sometimes seems like he talks himself into thinking he's having a reaction to the med.

Last edited by AJE; 09/22/19 11:13 PM.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread