No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter


Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum


~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~


Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products


Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Why are pagans so critical of others? #6553310
06/11/19 11:51 AM
06/11/19 11:51 AM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 8,046
Georgia
warrior Offline OP
trapper
warrior  Offline OP
trapper

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 8,046
Georgia
When,

All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and Jehovah hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
Isaiah 53:6 ASV


Do they worry themselves over what other sheep are doing or not doing?

Yet,

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. 19For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. 21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools,
Romans 1:18-22 ESV


Because,

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. And the earth was waste and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep: and the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
Genesis 1:1-2 ASV


And,

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life, and the life was the light of men.
Genesis 1:1-4 NIV


He said,

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
John 14:11 NIV


So either He is a liar or,

25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, 26 and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?” 27 She said to him, “Yes, Lord; I believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God, who is coming into the world.”
John 11:25-27 NIV


Because He is,

I am the Alpha and the Omega, saith the Lord God, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.
Revelation 1:8 ASV


And one day will ask each of us,

15 “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?”
Matthew 16:15 NIV


Re: Why are pagans so critical of others? [Re: warrior] #6553345
06/11/19 12:46 PM
06/11/19 12:46 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,524
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Online content
trapper
bblwi  Online Content
trapper
B

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,524
East-Central Wisconsin
Just because one is not a Christian does not mean they are pagans. There are millions in the world with other belief systems.

Bryce

Re: Why are pagans so critical of others? [Re: warrior] #6553352
06/11/19 12:59 PM
06/11/19 12:59 PM
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 12,728
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 12,728
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Warrior,

Ever go to the cupboard hungry but nothing in there is what you really want? lol


"Forgiveness".......because there is no Time Machine.

-Goofy-
Re: Why are pagans so critical of others? [Re: warrior] #6553355
06/11/19 01:01 PM
06/11/19 01:01 PM
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 8,759
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 8,759
OH
Good grief.


Disclaimer: I am currently drunk, yet still confident that this makes sense.
Re: Why are pagans so critical of others? [Re: bblwi] #6553364
06/11/19 01:18 PM
06/11/19 01:18 PM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 8,046
Georgia
warrior Offline OP
trapper
warrior  Offline OP
trapper

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 8,046
Georgia
Originally Posted by bblwi
Just because one is not a Christian does not mean they are pagans. There are millions in the world with other belief systems.

Bryce


There are many definitions of pagan not all of them pejorative. In this case, not of the judeo/christian faith.

Re: Why are pagans so critical of others? [Re: warrior] #6553366
06/11/19 01:19 PM
06/11/19 01:19 PM
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,681
On a Boat in SC
Scuba1 Offline
"Euro-Redneck"
Scuba1  Offline
"Euro-Redneck"

Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,681
On a Boat in SC
I think Catch22 sums it up nicely laugh

Are you that bored Warrior ????


At My Age Everything Comes with a lifetime Guarantee
Re: Why are pagans so critical of others? [Re: warrior] #6553379
06/11/19 01:45 PM
06/11/19 01:45 PM
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 4,797
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Joined: May 2009
Posts: 4,797
Champaign County, Ohio.
Lets get some real perspective. There are around 7.53 billion people in the world. Around 2.4 billion of those people are Christian. 1.3 billion of those Christians are Catholics, who have one leader and a unified religion, going back to Jesus Christ and his very first apostles. The rest of the 40,000 plus Christian religions are relatively new to very new off shoots of Catholicism. The new Christian religions believe that the members of the other 40,000 some Christian religions and 6.43 billion non-Christians are wrong and are probably going to suffer eternal torment, for not believing as they do.

In my opinion, any all powerful God, who feels the need to be worshiped, but who can't get his message across to most people clearly enough to impress them into following him, who will then punish them for it, is a many expletives.

I think any decent God would just want you to treat others as you would like to be treated, within reason.

Keith

Re: Why are pagans so critical of others? [Re: KeithC] #6553403
06/11/19 02:41 PM
06/11/19 02:41 PM
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,946
PA
P
PAskinner Offline
trapper
PAskinner  Offline
trapper
P

Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,946
PA
Originally Posted by KeithC
Lets get some real perspective. There are around 7.53 billion people in the world. Around 2.4 billion of those people are Christian. 1.3 billion of those Christians are Catholics, who have one leader and a unified religion, going back to Jesus Christ and his very first apostles. The rest of the 40,000 plus Christian religions are relatively new to very new off shoots of Catholicism. The new Christian religions believe that the members of the other 40,000 some Christian religions and 6.43 billion non-Christians are wrong and are probably going to suffer eternal torment, for not believing as they do.

In my opinion, any all powerful God, who feels the need to be worshiped, but who can't get his message across to most people clearly enough to impress them into following him, who will then punish them for it, is a many expletives.

I think any decent God would just want you to treat others as you would like to be treated, within reason.

Keith

Sounds like you are putting yourself in the seat of judgment to judge God.


Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before.
Re: Why are pagans so critical of others? [Re: warrior] #6553404
06/11/19 02:42 PM
06/11/19 02:42 PM
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 131
CT
Big George W Offline
trapper
Big George W  Offline
trapper

Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 131
CT
Pagan's and those who are into Wicca are some of the most open minded compassionate people I have ever met.
They are also very close to nature, and understand how everything in nature exists for a reason and that all is there for us to use - but not exploit.

There's a woman in town who has a Wiccan shop, I went in there to get some candles, as I was kind of curious about this shop - and the first thing I saw was a real nice coyote head that was mounted and on display with some other interesting old artifacts.

I ended up staying there for well over an hour where we were both discussing the importance of mankind's role in ensuring that the wildlife numbers remain in balance, and when I told her I was a trapper, she had no problem with that at all, and in fact spoke about the beauty of real fur, how special it is, and how fur can never be taken for granted.

*now, I was raised a Christian, and had a pretty good understanding of both the New and Old Testament when I was in school.
I even went to church for many years, but then once I was older, I stopped.

why ??
because I started to see things differently, and more importantly I started to experience things on my own - and saw that those who were preaching the loudest were not true to Gods word at all.

Tell me Warrior, have you ever spent time with any Pagans or Wiccans ??
I for one would rather spend time with Pagans over Born Again Christians because the Pagans are not fanatical, they are as close to a back to nature type of folk that one can get.

*also, don't think I'm not a follower of Gods Word, quite the contrary - I'm just on a path that is leading more towards Judaism today...

I'm sorry if I have an open mind, but I am not sorry for having Pagan and followers of Wicca as friends....


Last edited by Big George W; 06/11/19 02:44 PM. Reason: make it read easier

Respect,
Big George Waters + Loki the Dog.....
East Derby CT
CTA [life member], NTA, FTA, FBU
Re: Why are pagans so critical of others? [Re: PAskinner] #6553410
06/11/19 02:48 PM
06/11/19 02:48 PM
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 4,797
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Joined: May 2009
Posts: 4,797
Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by PAskinner
Originally Posted by KeithC
Lets get some real perspective. There are around 7.53 billion people in the world. Around 2.4 billion of those people are Christian. 1.3 billion of those Christians are Catholics, who have one leader and a unified religion, going back to Jesus Christ and his very first apostles. The rest of the 40,000 plus Christian religions are relatively new to very new off shoots of Catholicism. The new Christian religions believe that the members of the other 40,000 some Christian religions and 6.43 billion non-Christians are wrong and are probably going to suffer eternal torment, for not believing as they do.

In my opinion, any all powerful God, who feels the need to be worshiped, but who can't get his message across to most people clearly enough to impress them into following him, who will then punish them for it, is a many expletives.

I think any decent God would just want you to treat others as you would like to be treated, within reason.

Keith

Sounds like you are putting yourself in the seat of judgment to judge God.


I sure am. I don't know the truth about God and believe that nobody else does either. I do believe that God is good, because most of his creations are good.

Keith

Re: Why are pagans so critical of others? [Re: warrior] #6553414
06/11/19 03:02 PM
06/11/19 03:02 PM
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 712
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Online sick
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Online Sick
trapper
D

Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 712
MN
Maybe because European Pagans have seen a ton of persecution from Christians?

Re: Why are pagans so critical of others? [Re: warrior] #6553418
06/11/19 03:06 PM
06/11/19 03:06 PM
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,113
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
trapper
Yes sir  Offline
trapper
Y

Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,113
Marion Kansas
The Truth is there if one seeks it

Re: Why are pagans so critical of others? [Re: Donnersurvivor] #6553422
06/11/19 03:11 PM
06/11/19 03:11 PM
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 12,728
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 12,728
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor
Maybe because European Pagans have seen a ton of imagined persecution from Christians?


"Forgiveness".......because there is no Time Machine.

-Goofy-
Re: Why are pagans so critical of others? [Re: HobbieTrapper] #6553430
06/11/19 03:22 PM
06/11/19 03:22 PM
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 712
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Online sick
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Online Sick
trapper
D

Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 712
MN
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor
Maybe because European Pagans have seen a ton of imagined persecution from Christians?




You deny the history you dislike... thats cute.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perse...ire#After_the_fall_of_the_Western_Empire

http://churchandstate.org.uk/2016/06/christian-atrocities-three-centuries-of-pagan-persecution/

I'll leave you with this nice story of Christian persecution that has a happy ending.


the year is 724, Saint Boniface was sent out to convert pagans to Christianity, with him came a armed guard (of course). The pagans met and worshiped their gods under a large beautiful Oak (Thors Oak), knowing the symbolism and meaning this Oak had St Boniface chopped the Oak down with a axe and built a church were it once had stood.
Years later on another mission to convert Pagans this time without a large armed guard, pagans who had undoubtedly heard of St Boniface previous disregard for their sacred Oak ambushed St Boniface and put a axe through his head.
See, happy ending.

Re: Why are pagans so critical of others? [Re: warrior] #6553432
06/11/19 03:29 PM
06/11/19 03:29 PM
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 12,728
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 12,728
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Doesn't sound like a Christian to me, after all Christians don't convert anybody, Christ does. Hence "imagined" persecution.

Last edited by HobbieTrapper; 06/11/19 03:29 PM.

"Forgiveness".......because there is no Time Machine.

-Goofy-
Re: Why are pagans so critical of others? [Re: warrior] #6553433
06/11/19 03:29 PM
06/11/19 03:29 PM
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 4,797
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Joined: May 2009
Posts: 4,797
Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor
Maybe because European Pagans have seen a ton of imagined persecution from Christians?



I think the millions of people killed by Christians, for not being Christian, are pretty good proof that the persecution by Christians was not imagined.

Keith

Re: Why are pagans so critical of others? [Re: warrior] #6553437
06/11/19 03:32 PM
06/11/19 03:32 PM
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 12,728
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 12,728
Eastern Shore of Maryland
I'm certain plenty of Gremans and Japanese were killed by Christians.


"Forgiveness".......because there is no Time Machine.

-Goofy-
Re: Why are pagans so critical of others? [Re: warrior] #6553439
06/11/19 03:36 PM
06/11/19 03:36 PM
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 1,197
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 1,197
Dunbar, Wisconsin
So who's worse, so called Christians killing in the name of religion or Muslims killing in the name of religion?

Re: Why are pagans so critical of others? [Re: warrior] #6553446
06/11/19 03:49 PM
06/11/19 03:49 PM
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 794
North Carolina
DaYooper14 Offline
trapper
DaYooper14  Offline
trapper

Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 794
North Carolina
Never was one for religion or the arguments around both sides. Live and let live. Closest I could come to seeing eye to eye with is a native american spirituality. Soon as someone starts quoting writings, I'm out.


-- It seems all of Greece knows what is the right thing to do, but it is only the Spartans that do anything about it. --
Re: Why are pagans so critical of others? [Re: HobbieTrapper] #6553456
06/11/19 04:06 PM
06/11/19 04:06 PM
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,681
On a Boat in SC
Scuba1 Offline
"Euro-Redneck"
Scuba1  Offline
"Euro-Redneck"

Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,681
On a Boat in SC
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Doesn't sound like a Christian to me, after all Christians don't convert anybody, Christ does. Hence "imagined" persecution.


The lighthouse dudes clearly did not get that memo then. They peddle their version of christianity from door to door. Can anyone please let them know they are doing it wrong and stop that nonsense.


At My Age Everything Comes with a lifetime Guarantee
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread