No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Fleas #6555742
06/14/19 07:16 PM
06/14/19 07:16 PM
ND
M
MJM Offline OP
trapper
MJM  Offline OP
trapper
M

ND
SANTA FE, N.M. — The New Mexico Department of Health on Monday confirmed two more human cases of plague.

The recent cases involve a 52-year-old woman and a 62-year-old woman. The first case this year was reported in early June in a 63-year-old man.

All three patients, who live in Santa Fe County, were hospitalized but there have been no deaths.

State public health veterinarian Paul Ettestad said plague can be present in fleas that infest wild rodents in Santa Fe County, including within the city limits of Santa Fe and in other locations around New Mexico.

“Pets that are allowed to roam and hunt can bring infected fleas from dead rodents back into the home, putting you and your children at risk,” he said.

Health workers are conducting environmental investigations around the homes of the three patients to look for ongoing risk and to ensure the safety of immediate family members and neighbors.

Plague generally is transmitted to humans through the bites of infected fleas but can be transmitted by direct contact with infected animals including rodents and pets. Symptoms include sudden onset of fever, chills, headache and weakness.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, plague is infamous for killing millions of people in Europe centuries ago. Antibiotics are now effective in treating the disease, but officials say without prompt treatment, it can cause serious illness or death.

The CDC reports that hundreds of cases have been documented over the last century in the western United States, typically in northern New Mexico, northwestern Arizona and southern Colorado.

In 2016, New Mexico had four human cases with no fatalities. Four cases were also reported in 2015 with one fatality.

"Not Really, Not Really"
Mark J Monti
"MJM you're a jerk."
Re: Fleas [Re: MJM] #6555783
06/14/19 08:29 PM
06/14/19 08:29 PM
Williamsport, Pa.
J
jk Online content
trapper
jk  Online Content
trapper
J

Williamsport, Pa.
Fleas. Reminds me of high school, old grumpy English teacher told us to write a short poem. The shortest one wins and I was a lousy english student, did not like the class at all. A total waste of time to me. That French and History were just boring. Well in front of me was Adam F-------. He was always scratching or itching some where on his body. Of course my poem was " Fleas Adam had um". Was not a friend of Adam much longer, but I was the only one to get an A that day. Honest injun folks.......jk

Free people are not equal. Equal people are not free. What's supposed to be ain't always is. Hopper Hunter
Re: Fleas [Re: MJM] #6555840
06/14/19 09:44 PM
06/14/19 09:44 PM
Indiana
D
DanN Offline
trapper
DanN  Offline
trapper
D

Indiana
Plaque, bed bugs, TB, measles, polio, and many other things that were mostly eradicated making a comeback - I wonder why ? ? Dare I say ? No ,no its not PC.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread