No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: House cat issue [Re: K52] #6559479
06/20/19 11:22 PM
06/20/19 11:22 PM
MT
S
snowy Offline OP
trapper
snowy  Offline OP
trapper
S

MT
Originally Posted by K52
Put a live trap in the back of your pickup parked where the neighbor can't see what's in the back. Put a can of the cheapest tuna fish in there and a dab of castor doesn't hurt either. Nothing but a cat will get in there and get up and leave with cat before daylight. No ones none the wiser, deal with the cat however you wish, but I never have to catch the same cat twice.

Now that maybe just what I will do. Lol

Give me a fish, I will eat for a day. Teach me to fish, I will eat for a lifetime
Re: House cat issue [Re: snowy] #6559515
06/21/19 12:48 AM
06/21/19 12:48 AM
NORTH DAKOTA
Duckstick80 Offline
trapper
Happy Birthday Duckstick80  Offline
trapper

NORTH DAKOTA
I battle this on a daily basis. I drove into town tonight and there were five cats on main Street. I counted eight more on a four block drive from there to my house. There were two in my yard when I pulled in. Across town at my mom's house there are four or five cats in her yard every day.

I shot a sick looking skunk at 9:30 am last weekend that was in my yard. It walked up to a running vehicle and wandered around it. I called the city and told them to have it tested and make sure these cats have shots. They did nothing. That was the last straw for me. I'm going to the city counsel meeting and telling those ASPCA donators they can fix it or I'll do it my way! The county sheriff already told me I won't be getting any charges!

Re: House cat issue [Re: Duckstick80] #6559544
06/21/19 06:48 AM
06/21/19 06:48 AM
Wisconsin
Muskrat Offline
trapper
Muskrat  Offline
trapper

Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Duckstick80
I battle this on a daily basis. I drove into town tonight and there were five cats on main Street. I counted eight more on a four block drive from there to my house. There were two in my yard when I pulled in. Across town at my mom's house there are four or five cats in her yard every day.

I shot a sick looking skunk at 9:30 am last weekend that was in my yard. It walked up to a running vehicle and wandered around it. I called the city and told them to have it tested and make sure these cats have shots. They did nothing. That was the last straw for me. I'm going to the city counsel meeting and telling those ASPCA donators they can fix it or I'll do it my way! The county sheriff already told me I won't be getting any charges!

Big mistake, IMO. Do that and you'll be blamed for anyone's missing cat from that point forward. H E double toothpicks hath no fury like a cat lover missing her cat. You'll truly be sorry.

Deal with it privately and quietly.

Re: House cat issue [Re: snowy] #6559563
06/21/19 07:28 AM
06/21/19 07:28 AM
Wisconsin
Muskrat Offline
trapper
Muskrat  Offline
trapper

Wisconsin
And here's another reason to go undercover. This fella may be all done hunting, permanently.

In this morning's paper. Story makes it sound like he's got a couple screws loose, but the point is he's been charged with a felony.

[Linked Image]

Re: House cat issue [Re: snowy] #6559576
06/21/19 08:03 AM
06/21/19 08:03 AM
La Crosse, WI
Macthediver Offline
trapper
Macthediver  Offline
trapper

La Crosse, WI
Yep everyone wants to give you advice about how to deal with this issue..I say be as discrete and legal as you can. I speak from experience when I tell you.. Unless If you want to get hate mail from world wide and possible death threats.. Keep it all low key as possible.. Cat crowd is a big lobby and most are a bit nuts..

Mac

"Never Forget Which Way Is Up"

Re: House cat issue [Re: Muskrat] #6559613
06/21/19 08:56 AM
06/21/19 08:56 AM
NORTH DAKOTA
Duckstick80 Offline
trapper
Happy Birthday Duckstick80  Offline
trapper

NORTH DAKOTA
Originally Posted by Muskrat
And here's another reason to go undercover. This fella may be all done hunting, permanently.

In this morning's paper. Story makes it sound like he's got a couple screws loose, but the point is he's been charged with a felony.

[Linked Image]

This guy killed the family pet in anger. What do you think getting caught shooting someone's pet with a BB gun will get you? I know the sheriff and grew up with the state's attorney. They both said removing nuisance animals wasn't illegal on your own property. And I'm going to tell the city that they can either pass a rabies/distemper shot law for cats, make the owners collar them with a shot tag or I'll bring everyone I catch without it to the humane society 50 miles away. If the owners want them back they can pay the rehoming fee and keep paying it until they collar it with a tag. I'm sure the humane society would like the same owner getting their cat multiple times. It would show great care on their end lol

Re: House cat issue [Re: Duckstick80] #6559631
06/21/19 09:26 AM
06/21/19 09:26 AM
MT
S
snowy Offline OP
trapper
snowy  Offline OP
trapper
S

MT

If you go the counsel, and nothing gets done, I would be very careful how you handle the cat issue going forward. It maybe best to live trap them and then do your thing. Have you read the post on the live cage in back of the pickup. Very incognito and non conspicuous would be the way I would go. I do understand your frustration.

Give me a fish, I will eat for a day. Teach me to fish, I will eat for a lifetime
Re: House cat issue [Re: Muskrat] #6559637
06/21/19 09:40 AM
06/21/19 09:40 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by Muskrat

Big mistake, IMO. Do that and you'll be blamed for anyone's missing cat from that point forward. H E double toothpicks hath no fury like a cat lover missing her cat. You'll truly be sorry.

Deal with it privately and quietly.

Exactly right!

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: House cat issue [Re: snowy] #6559641
06/21/19 09:45 AM
06/21/19 09:45 AM
Pa
W
Wright Brothers Offline
trapper
Wright Brothers  Offline
trapper
W

Pa
When Miss Kitty starts climbing on an scratching auto finish this goes to a whole new level.

Re: House cat issue [Re: snowy] #6559726
06/21/19 11:35 AM
06/21/19 11:35 AM
western Oklahoma
D
Davisfur Offline
trapper
Davisfur  Offline
trapper
D

western Oklahoma
When I became a NWCO the man who issued our licenses from the Oklahoma department of wildlife told us that killing a domestic cat or dog regardless of where it was or if it appeared to be feral was a felony in our state and should be avoided at all costs. He said the accepted way of dealing with a cat or dog that was incidentally caught was to take it to the local shelter and let them deal with it. Laws may be different in other states but it may be something to look into before getting very public about killing cats. I hate cats with a passion and would hate to lose my right to bear arms as well as my NWCO license over a worthless cat!

Re: House cat issue [Re: snowy] #6559735
06/21/19 12:00 PM
06/21/19 12:00 PM
Wisconsin
Muskrat Offline
trapper
Muskrat  Offline
trapper

Wisconsin
Well, have at it Duckstick80. I wish you well.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread