No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Question dress code [Re: rex123] #6563275
06/27/19 08:58 AM
06/27/19 08:58 AM
OK
Aaron Proffitt Offline
trapper
Aaron Proffitt  Offline
trapper

OK
All I’m saying, and many others have agreed, that you can’t enforce one and not the other. This is the problem with progression. They think they get to pick and choose the platform/cause.

Honor a Soldier. Be the kind of American worth fighting for.
Re: Question dress code [Re: rex123] #6563278
06/27/19 09:01 AM
06/27/19 09:01 AM
PA
P
PAskinner Offline
trapper
PAskinner  Offline
trapper
P

PA
C'mon, all you have to do is threaten to bring religious liberty into it and most places will fold. I refused to work Sundays at one job, citing religious belief. Get a note from your pastor saying that wearing the rainbow symbol violates his religious beliefs. If this was a gay person refusing to wear something that promoted a straight lifestyle the press would be screaming discrimination. They can't have it one way and not the other.

Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before.
Re: Question dress code [Re: rex123] #6563293
06/27/19 09:20 AM
06/27/19 09:20 AM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
Curious what religion the guy is. Some are against pork. Some are against alcohol. Some are against homosexuality. What religion is he that only homosexuality bothers him? Not bashing or calling him out, but if it’s religious persecution, then I’m sure there’s other items in his belief he should have been upset with before this.

Now if it were me, I’d not wear it or cover it up and see what happens. I don’t like anything shoved in my face and told you will no matter what. I don’t care what anyone does in their bedroom or life, just don’t shove it on me telling me I have to like and support it.

Re: Question dress code [Re: Aaron Proffitt] #6563295
06/27/19 09:21 AM
06/27/19 09:21 AM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Originally Posted by Aaron Proffitt
All I’m saying, and many others have agreed, that you can’t enforce one and not the other. This is the problem with progression. They think they get to pick and choose the platform/cause.

I agree with that statement in principle. My comment was on the disproportionate outrage. Big deal, the guy has to wear a rainbow. If he doesn't like it, quit.

We have much bigger fights to have over what is happening in this country. I do however understand that the small fights are part of the big fight.

And by the way, I'm not just talking about what the liberals are doing to it. If you've followed my posts you know I believe there is an equally dangerous (and orange, deranged and dishonest) threat purporting to be on the other side.

Re: Question dress code [Re: rex123] #6563308
06/27/19 09:46 AM
06/27/19 09:46 AM
WI>>>MN >>>WI
T-Rex Offline
trapper
T-Rex  Offline
trapper

WI>>>MN >>>WI
My Mommie taught me how to solve any problem: "You collect and study all the facts...…..then, you do as you darned well please."

Based on the collective knowledge on this thread:
  • Dump the apron (a little drama wouldn't hurt); and go to work for Chick-fil-A

That, of course, assumes your friend does not identify with any of the GLTQ categories.

Man who mistake shillelagh for fairy wand; see pixie dust, also.
Re: Question dress code [Re: rex123] #6563312
06/27/19 09:54 AM
06/27/19 09:54 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
I work for a ten billion dollar corporation that sports the rainbow on our inhouse TV monitors. We're on six continents so multiculturalism plays a big role in trying to keep the peace in the pursuit of profits.

Re: Question dress code [Re: rex123] #6563350
06/27/19 10:53 AM
06/27/19 10:53 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
They're a private company and should be allowed to have whatever dress code they want. If they wan to have their employees wear shirts that say "we like foot long hot dogs in our buns" then that's their prerogative. Nobody is forced to work or shop there.

I do think that businesses getting involved in the "social justice" wars is dumb, it tends to divide their customers and create more hassle than it's worth. Just sell your product and collect your money, and carry on.

Re: Question dress code [Re: Boco] #6563353
06/27/19 10:58 AM
06/27/19 10:58 AM
Michigan
D
Ditchdiver Offline
trapper
Ditchdiver  Offline
trapper
D

Michigan
Originally Posted by Boco
If he don't want to wear it-he doesn't have to.He can take his religious beliefs,saddle up and ride off.

Wow, Canada is more different compared to the U.S than I thought.
I couldn't disagree with you more on this, and (not that it matters to you) lost a bit of respect for you too.

When life gets me down..... you know hunting/trapping season is closed.
Re: Question dress code [Re: white17] #6563357
06/27/19 11:04 AM
06/27/19 11:04 AM
CT
Big George W Offline
trapper
Big George W  Offline
trapper

CT
Originally Posted by white17
Realistically I don't believe this guy would have a legal leg to stand on if he refused to wear it. If it was any sort of government telling him he had to wear it that would be a different story. The store is paying him to be their representative so they can dictate what that representation looks like.

This is absolute truth.
There's probably ten guys out there who would love to have that man's job, apron or not..... and the store knows it.

Respect,
Big George + Loki the Dog.....
East Derby, CT
CTA [life member], NTA, FTA, FBU
Connecticut Republican Party
Re: Question dress code [Re: Ditchdiver] #6563360
06/27/19 11:11 AM
06/27/19 11:11 AM
CT
Big George W Offline
trapper
Big George W  Offline
trapper

CT
Originally Posted by Ditchdiver
If he don't want to wear it-he doesn't have to.He can take his religious beliefs,saddle up and ride off.

Wow, Canada is more different compared to the U.S than I thought.
I couldn't disagree with you more on this, and (not that it matters to you) lost a bit of respect for you too.

It's sad, but - hopefully I make it till this time next year - but, I'm leaving my company for similar reasons.

I kind of see Bocco's point - because you are not going to win if you try to fight such a thing.
Believe me - the queers have completely taken over the defense plant where I work, and what goes on now is beyond belief.

I wonder if these people even realize that we build war machines....
Doubt it - all they care about is they have taken over a company that has extrodinary pay and benefits, and for the most part they are not required to work, because they make the corporation more diverse.

So, yeah... I myself do have to take Bocco's approach - I have to leave, hopefully as soon as I can take my early retirement - meaning hopefully I can last that long....

Last edited by Big George W; 06/27/19 11:12 AM. Reason: obvious spelling errors - again !!

Respect,
Big George + Loki the Dog.....
East Derby, CT
CTA [life member], NTA, FTA, FBU
Connecticut Republican Party
Re: Question dress code [Re: Boco] #6563414
06/27/19 12:10 PM
06/27/19 12:10 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Religion belongs in church not at work.
These religious zealot bible thumpers are touched in the head.
Worse than the friggen Muzzies.

Will they make the muzzies wear rainbow head coverings?

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Question dress code [Re: rex123] #6563430
06/27/19 12:44 PM
06/27/19 12:44 PM
Magna, Utah
G
GritGuy Offline
trapper
GritGuy  Offline
trapper
G

Magna, Utah
Silly argument to me, you like your work and pay, but don't like the uniform they give ya, do you quit or do you wear the uniform ?
Are you changed because of their representation of something they support, I doubt it, when some one ask's why your wearing that representation, you simply say it's not my way of thinking, however I enjoy my work and the pay is great. This gets around to the company, it's now their problem of forcing a discrimination suit to action due to your ethics and belief's, most won't go there and will provide a replacement.

Or you have the option to leave and start over some where else. How long have you worked here, what are the bennies, compared to access to other places, do you have aspirations of moving higher or to a different place in their employ, etc, some questions to ask your self, there are others I'm sure.

Or you have the option of forcing their card to wear that representation, probably masked or guarded under the guise of proper safety equipment or PPE as it's commonly known, and hope you have an attorney that has great back ground in discrimination tactics and warfare, who will only take pay if won, but probably you won't find one unless the company has large pockets to attempt the fight. If they do require that apron as PPE, you may end up with a compromise of choosing a different one, but forever be labeled as a trouble maker, although not publicly, only in your company and would only show if you sought forward movement or a better paying job. Then it would be masked, but it would be brought up I assure you.

Only you can decide your fate on this one ! Good luck.

Last edited by GritGuy; 06/27/19 12:46 PM. Reason: Spelling errors !

[Linked Image]

Sorry if my opinions or replies offend you, they are not meant to !

Re: Question dress code [Re: gryhkl] #6563442
06/27/19 01:09 PM
06/27/19 01:09 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by gryhkl
They should be allowed to tell the employee what he will wear at work and he should be free to peddle his skills to other employers.
No company should have to make a wedding cake for a wedding that offend them, and no company should be made to change their dress code.

First time I ever agreed with you.

Re: Question dress code [Re: Blaine County] #6563455
06/27/19 01:42 PM
06/27/19 01:42 PM
Middle Georgia
zoozoo400 Offline
trapper
zoozoo400  Offline
trapper

Middle Georgia
Originally Posted by Blaine County
I simply think it's hilarious how in thread after thread the normal whiners pound on all kinds of groups of people, but when some old guy has to wear a rainbow apron it is a civil rights tragedy.

hehehehe

Re: Question dress code [Re: rex123] #6563527
06/27/19 04:31 PM
06/27/19 04:31 PM
East of the Mason-Dixon Line
DelawareRob Offline
trapper
DelawareRob  Offline
trapper

East of the Mason-Dixon Line
What next...

4EB263D6-74F5-4BF8-9D76-B69ED11B66C7.jpeg

Who is John Galt?

You don't rise to the occasion, you fall to the level of your training.

Semper Paratus
Re: Question dress code [Re: GritGuy] #6563550
06/27/19 05:30 PM
06/27/19 05:30 PM
PA
P
PAskinner Offline
trapper
PAskinner  Offline
trapper
P

PA
Originally Posted by GritGuy
Silly argument to me, you like your work and pay, but don't like the uniform they give ya, do you quit or do you wear the uniform ?
Are you changed because of their representation of something they support, I doubt it, when some one ask's why your wearing that representation, you simply say it's not my way of thinking, however I enjoy my work and the pay is great. This gets around to the company, it's now their problem of forcing a discrimination suit to action due to your ethics and belief's, most won't go there and will provide a replacement.

Or you have the option to leave and start over some where else. How long have you worked here, what are the bennies, compared to access to other places, do you have aspirations of moving higher or to a different place in their employ, etc, some questions to ask your self, there are others I'm sure.

Or you have the option of forcing their card to wear that representation, probably masked or guarded under the guise of proper safety equipment or PPE as it's commonly known, and hope you have an attorney that has great back ground in discrimination tactics and warfare, who will only take pay if won, but probably you won't find one unless the company has large pockets to attempt the fight. If they do require that apron as PPE, you may end up with a compromise of choosing a different one, but forever be labeled as a trouble maker, although not publicly, only in your company and would only show if you sought forward movement or a better paying job. Then it would be masked, but it would be brought up I assure you.

Only you can decide your fate on this one ! Good luck.

There are organizations out there that would take up your cause in a moment and represent you for free. If it was truly a matter of principle, I'd fight it, then tell them you're going to work for someone else, after you win the big settlement. And that's probably why I'm self employed, lol.

Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before.
Re: Question dress code [Re: rex123] #6563607
06/27/19 07:09 PM
06/27/19 07:09 PM
KY.usa
rex123 Offline OP
trapper
rex123  Offline OP
trapper

KY.usa
Thanks for all your responses. I showed him your responses .I have know idea what he is going to do never said . But I have one response of my own. Did you have to do that to the duke boys and the General Lee?LOL

Re: Question dress code [Re: Mike in A-town] #6563620
06/27/19 07:30 PM
06/27/19 07:30 PM
MN
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

MN
Originally Posted by Mike in A-town
Religion belongs in church not at work.
These religious zealot bible thumpers are touched in the head.
Worse than the friggen Muzzies.

Will they make the muzzies wear rainbow head coverings?

Mike

Or handle pork? Or not allow them their prayer breaks?

Personally I take a libertarian view, the company should be free to choose what their employees wear or not wear and the employee is free to chose where he/she would like to work.

The truth is we don't live in that libertarian world and never will and I disagree with White, there is precedence out there barring employers from forcing employees to do things against their religious beliefs.

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Re: Question dress code [Re: rex123] #6563644
06/27/19 07:48 PM
06/27/19 07:48 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Agreed Steven.

Boco loves to harp on folks over the whole gay thing... But I have to wonder if he would've worn a PETA patch on his work shirt if the railroad had told him to.

In the end, it should be between the employer and employee.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Question dress code [Re: rex123] #6563663
06/27/19 08:10 PM
06/27/19 08:10 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Not "harping on folks"just pointing out that peoples freedoms in modern western society have been extended to more than one or two groups.
By law you cannot discriminate against someone because of their sexual orientation,among other things.
Your bible(or any other religious doctrine) is not the law of the land.

Last edited by Boco; 06/27/19 08:11 PM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread