No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Open carry [Re: coonman220] #6563316
06/27/19 09:57 AM
06/27/19 09:57 AM
Bonner County, Idaho
Wild_Idaho Offline
trapper
Wild_Idaho  Offline
trapper

Bonner County, Idaho
Admit it coonman, you were staring at the bulge in his pants again weren't you. That's why he was glaring back at you.

Real name Eric
The sharpest hammer in the box of crayons.

Re: Open carry [Re: trapperkeck] #6563318
06/27/19 09:59 AM
06/27/19 09:59 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by trapperkeck
What kind of idiot would harass someone who is carrying a loaded firearm? crazy

yup and they are just that smart.

and their making the point that the person who is carrying is even tempered and not prone to the very things they are saying about him or her. you see they think only how they would handle or react and they scare the devil out of them selves with their own stupidity and thus since they can't trust themselves no one should be trusted.

but they will be the first one saying someone should have done something about xyz .

they forget they are someone and you are someone.

so when looking for that magical someone it helps to start by looking in a mirror , that someone should do something because you are only responsible for yourself as are they but they like to forget that because it scares them , they want that magical someone else who is responsible for them because they don't feel they can be responsible for themselves.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Open carry [Re: coonman220] #6563326
06/27/19 10:10 AM
06/27/19 10:10 AM
Washington
wildflights Offline
trapper
wildflights  Offline
trapper

Washington
Originally Posted by coonman220
That is my opinion , no I never say nothing, say thanks to him ! Ha ha , I don't think so, I.mind my own bussiness, I. Sure I was not only parnoud him , still though , u got have lot nerve. I wouldnt dare carry open, I not going to say what feel like if did, ur set urself up for harresment at least from Law enforcement. At least if was me , doing that, I know I would be harresed , I don't care aslong as he had permit an wasn't going start shoot ppl, include me.i just saying that he has lot nerve

Judge much? LOL, you can bet that was one man that does NOT have a felony. Think that through.

Last edited by wildflights; 06/27/19 11:36 AM.

Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. -Gustav Mahler
Re: Open carry [Re: coonman220] #6563344
06/27/19 10:42 AM
06/27/19 10:42 AM
Michigan
D
Ditchdiver Offline
trapper
Ditchdiver  Offline
trapper
D

Michigan
Whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever color you are, carry however you can.
I prefer concealed except when doing outdoor activities, but I dont shame ANYONE for open carrying.

When life gets me down..... you know hunting/trapping season is closed.
Re: Open carry [Re: coonman220] #6563352
06/27/19 10:56 AM
06/27/19 10:56 AM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
All depends on what I’m coming from or going to as far as open or concealed. I do know carrying concealed and revealing that I’m carrying stopped two potential bad situations.
First one was back when you went two a store to rent movies. My wife and I were the only patrons in there late one night, when two “boys” came in. I noticed he was carrying a weapon stuck down the front of his jeans with no holster. Something just didn’t feel right so I told my wife to just listen to what I say and go to the car. I pretended she was upset because I couldn’t find a movie. One of the boys was watching the door and the other was watching me. The clerk was starting to figure out something wasn’t right as well. I didn’t want to leave her with the two guys just standing around so I picked up a movie and said YES!! I found it!! And lifted my arm real high pretending to show my wife the movie from inside the store. When I did I knew it would expose my weapon. It did and it worked. The guy watching me walked to his buddy and said he’s got a gun let’s go. And they left. I told the young lady to call the police and waited until they showed up. I knew them and the wife had already called one and he pulled up in short order. The boys were caught later that evening attempting to rob a gas station.

The second time I was pumping gas in another town. I was the only one at the pumps and the store. I watched a car with 3 occupants pull up and one get out and go inside. The driver didn’t park but circled the store again and when he pulled back up front there was only him. Something just didn’t feel right so I decided to walk in to get a drink and see what was up. The first guy was huddled in the back of the store pretending to look for something. I walked up to the counter and told the young lady there to call 911 and I’d stay right there until they showed up. I also noticed the driver had pulled around to the side of the building with the car running. I pretended I needed something else and walked back where the guy was still huddled down near the floor. I decided to make sure he saw I was carrying when I walked past and got something off the shelf he was at. It worked. He saw the gun and left in a hurry. The car sped off as soon as he jumped in. And then the cops show up and find the other guy hiding behind the building...his partners hauled butt and left him.
I later found out they caught the other two in an attempted robbery...after the one they left behind started talking.
To this day they still offer me a free drink whenever I’m in town and stop in.

Sometimes just knowing there could be opposition will turn a “bad guy” off his preplanned objective.

Editing to also say in both situations...none were black or Africans. White boys and Hispanics.

Last edited by Wanna Be; 06/27/19 10:58 AM.
Re: Open carry [Re: coonman220] #6563418
06/27/19 12:24 PM
06/27/19 12:24 PM
South metro, MN
C
Calvin Offline
trapper
Calvin  Offline
trapper
C

South metro, MN
maybe the open carry thing changes from region to region but around here seems they are all just showboatin. Perhaps momma didn't hug them enough. Maybe they need louder pipes on their truck or cycle...dunno

If I was a bad guy, the open carry guy would be my first target. And if you think a real bad guy is nervous about another guy carrying a gun he can see, you don't know many bad guys. They litterally shoot people within feet of armed Police around here. I've seen it many times first hand. They could care less about your guns (or their own lives).

Lots and lots of prison video showing cons disarming people with level 3 holsters. Do you think a level 1 or 2 is any feat for them? It's not!. WE do it at work. It's easy as pie (from behind). There are only a couple minute differences in the carry holsters I see. I'll say they are easier to take a gun from someone from behind them, than wearing them. Again, I've seen vids of it and DONE IT. Remember any persons ""reactionary gap" is almost a solid second. I've got that gun before you can react. Don't believe me? Do it with your buddy's. It''ll change your mind on open carry...and more so what you're ability's aren't.

Now now...most will say " oh you can't get my gun without me knowing it" (theories are great...but far from reality most times)... More than a few dead open carry guys that would disagree to that if they were still breathing....but they are still dead.

SO....like poker, don't show your cards until the dealing is done. If you need attention, buy louder pipes.

Re: Open carry [Re: coonman220] #6563424
06/27/19 12:35 PM
06/27/19 12:35 PM
WI>>>MN >>>WI
T-Rex Offline
trapper
T-Rex  Offline
trapper

WI>>>MN >>>WI
When am I concerned to see a guy with a gun?

When it is not in a holster.

Bad guys don't use holsters. They get in the way, and they are additional evidence.

Man who mistake shillelagh for fairy wand; see pixie dust, also.
Re: Open carry [Re: coonman220] #6563465
06/27/19 02:02 PM
06/27/19 02:02 PM
Three Lakes,WI 72
C
corky Online content
trapper
corky  Online Content
trapper
C

Three Lakes,WI 72
wildflights made an excellent point

Re: Open carry [Re: corky] #6563509
06/27/19 03:52 PM
06/27/19 03:52 PM
Rock Springs, WI
Z
Zim Online content
trapper
Zim  Online Content
trapper
Z

Rock Springs, WI
Speaking of open carry, back in a different life I lived in NW Montana for a bit. I drove a 72 Chevy Blazer and had a gun rack mounted on a side window with a Remington 700 and a Berretta semi auto shotgun in place at all times.
I think that if you did not have stuff like that you would have looked suspicious and out of place. You would see all sorts of folks packing sidearms openly as the term concealed carry had not made it there yet.

Zim

Re: Open carry [Re: coonman220] #6563514
06/27/19 04:01 PM
06/27/19 04:01 PM
n.e, iowa
C
coonman220 Offline OP
trapper
coonman220  Offline OP
trapper
C

n.e, iowa
Ya I guess that make sense. Bad guy would not have open carry, I from small town, was in bigger town at edge it, at Kwik star, there tv cameras in store moniter outside. Nice new convience store inside, don't look bad. But at edge big town, bunch motels around. Bad repution in area. I seen beggers bums around nite in past there. Have had blacks come at pickup on charge from several hundreds away, when sit pickuo, with pop or chesp donut snack an have enough nerve to almost rap on window an beg with not understandable language there. In past, I am not a minority lover, call local workforce center other day, no return ph call, to busy with help minority ppl out, they get best everthing it seems, where I work, they get best jobs, easy work, an are generally no good at screw everthing up. An do nothing, just kinds scary, looking at black big semi auto an thinking , what if he pulls out an starts shooting an alot bullets the clip holds. I wonder what like get shot? I rember thinking about it, terrifying , even more scary ,if has gun point at u

Last edited by coonman220; 06/27/19 04:07 PM.
Re: Open carry [Re: coonman220] #6563522
06/27/19 04:17 PM
06/27/19 04:17 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
W

McGrath, AK
Ya I guess that make sense. Bad guy would not have open carry, I from small town, was in bigger town at edge it, at Kwik star, there tv cameras in store moniter outside. Nice new convience store inside, don't look bad. But at edge big town, bunch motels around. Bad repution in area. I seen beggers bums around nite in past there. Have had blacks come at pickup on charge from several hundreds away, when sit pickuo, with pop or chesp donut snack an have enough nerve to almost rap on window an beg with not understandable language there. In past, I am not a minority lover, call local workforce center other day, no return ph call, to busy with help minority ppl out, they get best everthing it seems, where I work, they get best jobs, easy work, an are generally no good at screw everthing up. An do nothing, just kinds scary, looking at black big semi auto an thinking , what if he pulls out an starts shooting an alot bullets the clip holds. I wonder what like get shot? I rember thinking about it, terrifying , even more scary ,if has gun point at u

REALLY ????????????????????

Mean As Nails
Re: Open carry [Re: coonman220] #6563523
06/27/19 04:23 PM
06/27/19 04:23 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
"That is my opinion , no I never say nothing, say thanks to him ! Ha ha , I don't think so, I.mind my own business"

Had that been the case we would not be here today! whistle

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Open carry [Re: white17] #6563524
06/27/19 04:28 PM
Nebraska
B
Bobcat77 Offline
trapper
Bobcat77  Offline
trapper
B

Nebraska
Originally Posted by white17

LOL I thought the same thing White!!!!

Re: Open carry [Re: white17] #6563525
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia

Seriously? I thought everyone knew mass shooters are white guys.

[Linked Image]
Re: Open carry [Re: white17] #6563531
06/27/19 04:44 PM
06/27/19 04:44 PM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.

grin See my shocked face ???

[Linked Image]

Not getting it at all ....I tried to hint.... wink

Yes sir, Zim, its just that way still , here. Not so much with the gun racks in the truck windows , but sure thing on everything else you described .

Re: Open carry [Re: coonman220] #6563537
06/27/19 05:07 PM
06/27/19 05:07 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
It's one thing to disagree with someone, but to make fun of how he communicates is not cool man.

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Open carry [Re: coonman220] #6563538
06/27/19 05:12 PM
06/27/19 05:12 PM
KY.usa
rex123 Offline
trapper
rex123  Offline
trapper

KY.usa
Don't mean to be an (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) but sounds like your biggest problem was it was a black man late at night in a store carrying a gun in a bad part of town. See nothing wrong as long as he was legal it's his right. As far as you not doing it yourself we all have things we see others doing that we wouldn't try. Like me won't go out topless just one of my hang ups .lol

Re: Open carry [Re: coonman220] #6563542
06/27/19 05:19 PM
06/27/19 05:19 PM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

Coonman when the black guy has it pointed at you, that's the time to worry. (High school in the city can be rough. Lol) If the black guy is just carrying it on his side, he's likely on the right team.

Re: Open carry [Re: coonman220] #6563546
06/27/19 05:26 PM
06/27/19 05:26 PM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
Mo has been "Open Carry" since 1821, when we entered the Union. That said you can expect your life to get very exciting anytime you carry into a 7-11 in an urban area. Probably want to leave the ski mask at home.

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Re: Open carry [Re: coonman220] #6563556
06/27/19 05:44 PM
06/27/19 05:44 PM
n.e, iowa
C
coonman220 Offline OP
trapper
coonman220  Offline OP
trapper
C

n.e, iowa
It is hard to post on android phone. No longer have computer. No it was not in real bad area town, none in iowa, the store was ok, big convience store an on way home I stop there when go, around area on outskirts of town , alot motels, several chesper ones. Knowen to not be good though, as I am sure, lots narcotics an rift raft ppl around, it just seems to me, carry open is begging for trouble, I thought about conceal carry, but doubt would carry on me, leave pickup, law enforcement does not like conceal carry, I have heard an am sure of. I have to much other things that need money for, besides a 9 mm

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread