Strictly Trapping

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Trapping Only Forum)

TrappersPost
Please support Trappers post, a sponsor of the Strictly Trapping Forum

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: James Lucero trap placement [Re: Badgerman50] #6568146
07/04/19 08:27 PM
07/04/19 08:27 PM
GA
P
PSPH17 Offline
trapper
PSPH17  Offline
trapper
P

GA
I just ordered my copy of Master Wolfer last week. Can’t wait to read it and hopefully learn some different ways to place mybtraps at some sets this fall

Re: James Lucero trap placement [Re: Badgerman50] #6571385
07/10/19 02:34 PM
07/10/19 02:34 PM
Misery
Michael Morris Offline
"Hombre que mata demasiadas cosas"
Michael Morris  Offline
"Hombre que mata demasiadas cosas"

Misery
I was pretty impressed with it as just a coyote book, BUT there were a couple bobcat sets shown and explained that were super nice bonuses. Well worth the $$.

Push yourself to be more than you were
Re: James Lucero trap placement [Re: The Beav] #6572386
07/12/19 09:17 AM
07/12/19 09:17 AM
minnesota
garman Offline
trapper
garman  Offline
trapper

minnesota
Originally Posted by The Beav
I have a lot better luck using a BIG hole for my dirt holes. Back In the day I would set every chuck hole In the area and any large den. Fox and coyotes see these type of holes every day and will work them better then one of those 2" holes every one makes. The natural ones are what seems to work better for me. But In most cases they are far and few between on your trap line. But with a little work and a post hole digger or a tile spade you can make them just about any place you want. In this case It's all about pre season work and digging them on location. When the season starts just freshen up the dirt around these holes and get to catching some critters.

They can also take quite a bit of snow and are still attractive to the critters. I love them as well, always vowed someday I was going to do like ogorman did and predig with a post hole auger.

"NR trapping, what a concept accepting those who have supported us"
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Drifter, Wolfdog91