Wilderness Trapping and Living

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Dobbins' Catalog~

ATS
(Please support Ted's Fur Shed, our sponsor for the Wilderness Page)

Alaska Trappers Association

Print Thread
Hop To
Trap line cabins #6572479
07/12/19 12:47 PM
07/12/19 12:47 PM
fairbanks,ak.
isnarewolves Offline OP
trapper
isnarewolves  Offline OP
trapper

fairbanks,ak.
I will be having a meeting with Deputy Commissioner Brent Goodrum next week and will be discussing Trap Line Cabin permits. One of subjects will be, why destroy trap line cabins that are abandoned or the trapper has lost his permit.
So i would like to bring as many examples of how trap line cabins have saved lives over the years. I don't think it is a good DNR policy to destroy unused trap line cabins, not to mention the cost of doing so. When they could be used by the public who find themselves in a potential life threatening situation.
You can post them here or send me a PM.

Life is hard. It's even harder if your stupid!
Re: Trap line cabins [Re: isnarewolves] #6572975
07/13/19 01:20 AM
07/13/19 01:20 AM
49th State
M
mad_mike Offline
trapper
mad_mike  Offline
trapper
M

49th State
No dog in that fight here. We have only a handful of permitted cabins in the Tongass National Forest down here. The permits are supposedly allowed to be handed down 1x to first degree of kindred.
Through my years down here I have seen more than a few permitted cabins removed.
The same, only different. I hope you can gain some traction with this Al.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  akntrpr, Ol' Blister, otterman