No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Tell me how I知 wrong.... please [Re: VaBeagler] #6572976
07/13/19 01:22 AM
07/13/19 01:22 AM
Iowa
~ADC~ Offline
The Count
~ADC~  Offline
The Count

Iowa
Originally Posted by VaBeagler
Originally Posted by Diggerman
The man made a commitment to a customer and needed the last one for display, I don't understand what you don't understand.

This. He needs the display to show customers what is available. You can't haul everything to a show.

X3 - if I run out, I'll sell the display IF the buyer will leave it at my booth until late in the show.

I have often paid shipping for buyers who wanted what I had but sold out. You never know what will sell best so its near impossible to bring everything in bulk.

I see the OP's frustration, but I also see the dealers side of it.

Re: Tell me how I知 wrong.... please [Re: bwurts] #6572980
07/13/19 01:31 AM
07/13/19 01:31 AM
Southern Virginia, 50 yr old
V
VaBeagler Offline
trapper
VaBeagler  Offline
trapper
V

Southern Virginia, 50 yr old

X3 - if I run out, I'll sell the display IF the buyer will leave it at my booth until late in the show.

I have often paid shipping for buyers who wanted what I had but sold out. You never know what will sell best so its near impossible to bring everything in bulk.

I see the OP's frustration, but I also see the dealers side of it. [/quote]

Exactly, I go to trade shows but nothing trapping related. If you are willing to stay until the end of the show I will sell for at least half price because I don't want to haul it home. But while I'm there I need it to show people what is available.

Re: Tell me how I知 wrong.... please [Re: bwurts] #6572991
07/13/19 02:04 AM
07/13/19 02:04 AM
Magna, Utah
G
GritGuy Offline
trapper
GritGuy  Offline
trapper
G

Magna, Utah
Having been a dealer at many conventions I have been involved with this many times.
I have held product for promises as well and been burned by those saying they would
be back and never show,,,, I have held on to product not selling the last as well and
have always made pre-paid sells just because the customer wanted a hands on look.

It goes both ways and some times a customers will to have a product clouds the business
thoughts of the vendor,, not every convention is a sell off or a waiting game.

Only vendors selling will ever understand a hold or sell because it痴 only them that
will see whether there is a potential for more sales, not the customer .

[Linked Image]

Sorry if my opinions or replies offend you, they are not meant to !

Re: Tell me how I知 wrong.... please [Re: bwurts] #6572993
07/13/19 02:14 AM
07/13/19 02:14 AM
north Idaho
W
wissmiss Offline
trapper
wissmiss  Offline
trapper
W

north Idaho
If it is an item that the dealer normally carries in his inventory, I understand completely him wanting to keep the display model for other customers to look at. A lot of people like to see and hold a product in person before ordering it on line. You can't do that if the display model isn't there.

I have also been burnt by a customer asking me to hold something and then never coming back. Usually that item ends up,coming home with me, unsold. I usually put a time limit on how long I will hold something - say an hour or a reasonable amount of time fornthe potential customer to do what he needs to buy the item.

www.usedtraps.com

Please check out my updated inventory of Native American books.

Re: Tell me how I知 wrong.... please [Re: bwurts] #6573035
07/13/19 07:21 AM
07/13/19 07:21 AM
PA
G
gryhkl Offline
trapper
gryhkl  Offline
trapper
G

PA
If I told the guy I would hold it, I would. He may have needed the display model so customers could see and the actual object so they had a better idea when ordering for delivery.
I wouldn't let it bother me.

Re: Tell me how I知 wrong.... please [Re: maintenanceguy] #6573232
07/13/19 02:10 PM
07/13/19 02:10 PM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
Grandpa Trapper Offline
trapper
Grandpa Trapper  Offline
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
Originally Posted by maintenanceguy
You don't want your booth to look empty. It's important to have things to display. Selling the display model leaves an empty spot.

And, just because he doesn't have anymore in stock at the show doesn't mean the display model won't result in some online sales. There will be some that will see whatever it was at the show and decide to purchase it later. Those sales will never happen if there is no display model on display.

Agree, especially on the second point.

Re: Tell me how I知 wrong.... please [Re: Diggerman] #6573242
07/13/19 02:39 PM
07/13/19 02:39 PM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
The man made a commitment to a customer and needed the last one for display, I don't understand what you don't understand.

x2

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Re: Tell me how I知 wrong.... please [Re: BigBob] #6573263
07/13/19 03:35 PM
07/13/19 03:35 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by BigBob

x2

X3

Keith

Re: Tell me how I知 wrong.... please [Re: Diggerman] #6573269
07/13/19 03:44 PM
07/13/19 03:44 PM
PA
L
lumberjack391 Offline
trapper
lumberjack391  Offline
trapper
L

PA

Right on- if I have to hold something for someone, they have a time limit. Without his display, he may have a hard time finding buyers. In the OPs defense, he should have brought a bigger truck with more.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread