Strictly Trapping

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Trapping Only Forum)

TrappersPost
Please support Trappers post, a sponsor of the Strictly Trapping Forum

Print Thread
Hop To
Any thoughts on this trap? #6586007
08/01/19 07:54 PM
08/01/19 07:54 PM
Hebron Nebraska
R
RickA Offline OP
trapper
RickA  Offline OP
trapper
R

Hebron Nebraska
I’m thinking of purchasing some Oneida Victor #4 FOJ 4x4 Coil-spring traps for this upcoming year to specifically use for blind trail sets and was wondering if anyone has used them and how you liked them. The chain looks like it will need replaced but other than that they look like nice traps. Gimme your thoughts or any suggestions.
Rick

Re: Any thoughts on this trap? [Re: RickA] #6586877
08/02/19 11:42 PM
08/02/19 11:42 PM
montana
R
red mt Offline
trapper
red mt  Offline
trapper
R

montana
I use the dogless version ,,,change the chain and go put a base plate on them if you would like.
a great trap lock up is as good as any trap I have used.

Kenneth schoening
Re: Any thoughts on this trap? [Re: RickA] #6587243
08/03/19 06:40 PM
08/03/19 06:40 PM
MO
cfowler Offline
trapper
cfowler  Offline
trapper

MO
I bought a half dz a few years ago. Night-latched them and switched out chains. I run them exposed on trails and like them. Good cat trap from what I've experienced. They were the first traps I used on drown-rigs for beaver, targeting a front foot. They worked, but I wouldn't recommend them for that. Used as a blind trail set they work well though. Like a lot of things trapping, just gotta try a few and see how you like them. It's kind-of a small #4 sized trap though. An MB 650 is about the same size it seems like.

I trap for fun. I skin 'em for the money!
Grinners For Life-Lifetime Member, MO Chapter, Den #1
~You Grin, You're In~
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Drifter, Wolfdog91