No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
What age is to young #6603933
08/26/19 11:34 PM
08/26/19 11:34 PM
nm
A
adam m Offline OP
trapper
adam m  Offline OP
trapper
A

nm
For your daughter to dye her hair?
I think 10 is to young but my daughter's mom dyed our daughters hair mad

Re: What age is to young [Re: adam m] #6603935
08/26/19 11:36 PM
08/26/19 11:36 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Any age. I never know what color my 30 year old's hair will be the next time I see her.

[Linked Image]
Re: What age is to young [Re: adam m] #6603936
08/26/19 11:37 PM
08/26/19 11:37 PM
WI
H
handitrapper Offline
trapper
handitrapper  Offline
trapper
H

WI
My daughter never dyed her hair, or even asked about it. But a couple days after turning 18 she got a big tattoo on her side. So you have that to look forward to.

Re: What age is to young [Re: adam m] #6603939
08/26/19 11:39 PM
08/26/19 11:39 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Yep too young

Report a post club - Non member

Re: What age is to young [Re: handitrapper] #6603942
08/26/19 11:40 PM
08/26/19 11:40 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by handitrapper
My daughter never dyed her hair, or even asked about it. But a couple days after turning 18 she got a big tattoo on her side. So you have that to look forward to.

That, too.

[Linked Image]
Re: What age is to young [Re: handitrapper] #6603962
08/27/19 12:46 AM
08/27/19 12:46 AM
MB
J
Jurassic Park Offline
trapper
Jurassic Park  Offline
trapper
J

MB
Originally Posted by handitrapper

laugh laugh

Cold as ice!
Re: What age is to young [Re: adam m] #6603966
08/27/19 12:54 AM
08/27/19 12:54 AM
north Idaho
W
wissmiss Offline
trapper
wissmiss  Offline
trapper
W

north Idaho
What type of dye job did she give her? There are different types some that are permanent and some that wash out after 30 days or 30 washes.

10 is definately too young for the permanent type. Not sure about the washable type. Seems like girls are growing up a lot faster than when I was 10.

I'm well over 50 and have NEVER dyed my hair. Not sure why women think it is even necessary.

www.usedtraps.com

Please check out my updated inventory of Native American books.

Re: What age is to young [Re: adam m] #6603971
08/27/19 02:02 AM
08/27/19 02:02 AM
Eau Claire Wi
Trap Setter Offline
trapper
Trap Setter  Offline
trapper

Eau Claire Wi
My parents rule and now mine with the Boy is any hairdo or color is fine at any age BUT not at the start of a school year or the beginning of the semester. Taught that first impressions are very important and also good to let them express themselves while young so it's not a rebellious thing when they are older. Also talk to them when they start hating the color explain that's why you need to be sure about piercings and tattoos. I have neither and believe that type of parenting is why. So I would be upset that it is so close to the start of school but wouldn't let a ten year old see me sweat I'd take it up with her mom and tell your daughter she is beautiful no matter what. Kids don't want their parents approval all the time and if it gets a rise they will know how to gain control... keep them guessing.

Life sure is tough when you don't learn from the mistakes of others.
Re: What age is to young [Re: adam m] #6604034
08/27/19 07:47 AM
08/27/19 07:47 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Thats too Young is right

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: What age is to young [Re: adam m] #6604083
08/27/19 08:44 AM
08/27/19 08:44 AM
Hathaway Montana
Cathouse Jim Offline
trapper
Cathouse Jim  Offline
trapper

Hathaway Montana
Adam, I'm with you she is too young.
The house rule here was our daughter was not allowed to dye her hair while living under our roof. If she wanted to look like a Dr.Suess character she had the rest of her life to do so. She is 29 now and has never altered her natural color.

Last edited by Cathouse Jim; 08/27/19 08:50 AM.

"I've reached nearly fifty four years of age with my system."

NTA Life member
MTA Life member
Re: What age is to young [Re: adam m] #6604089
08/27/19 08:49 AM
08/27/19 08:49 AM
Wisconsin
T
trapdad Offline
trapper
trapdad  Offline
trapper
T

Wisconsin
I'm with you Adam. My wife allowed my daughter to get a few highlights in her's once. It looked alright, but I was like you, she was too young. She was 13.

Re: What age is to young [Re: adam m] #6604094
08/27/19 09:01 AM
08/27/19 09:01 AM
Arizona
Y
yaaintdeadyet Offline
trapper
yaaintdeadyet  Offline
trapper
Y

Arizona
Too young? That one I can't answer. I do know that according to my gal there's no age limit as to when NOT to dye her hair.

Re: What age is to young [Re: adam m] #6604102
08/27/19 09:12 AM
08/27/19 09:12 AM
east central WI
D
Dirty D Offline
trapper
Dirty D  Offline
trapper
D

east central WI
The age should be up to the parents.

I wouldn't allow it as long as they lived under my roof.

Same with tattos or piercings.

My Daughter wanted a tattoo at 16, we told her no. Not till you are on your own. Even if she was living at home while going to college it was a hard no.
If she did she was on her own, no help form us in college and no more living here during the summer.

If you don't like it don't allow it, that simple.
If you make your policy well know and you follow thru on your demands from day one they will listen.

Re: What age is to young [Re: adam m] #6604112
08/27/19 09:24 AM
08/27/19 09:24 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
my 2 daughters have been dyeing their hare for a few years , hot pink , deep green , blue , black and blue .

maybe I have given in too much but if it brings them enjoyment to change their hair every few months. I have other things to fight them on.

they are both high honer roll .

good people and their wild hair doesn't change who they are.

I could blame it on my wife , married an artist so I ended up with artists for daughters the oldest has chosen Art Education as her Major she wants to be a high school art teacher.

i think 4 years now so my oldest was 13 when she started with the colored hair and my youngest was 10. there may have been a threat that if their grades slipped or social behavior became and issue I would shave their heads to a 1/4 inch or get the muddiest brown I could find at the store and and they would be dirty brown haired.

I said I could blame it on my wife but since the wife's back was out when it was time to dye their hair the first time and she couldn't stand there and do it after a few minutes, I took over and now I have dyed the girls hair each time for the last 4 years. there just aren't that many things we have for shared interests , some cooking , and I take them to thrift stores but every few months I put on the most ratty shirt and shorts I own and dye hair and talk with my girls in there setting for an hour.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: What age is to young [Re: adam m] #6604171
08/27/19 10:52 AM
08/27/19 10:52 AM
nm
A
adam m Offline OP
trapper
adam m  Offline OP
trapper
A

nm
Thanks everyone I appreciate it. It's a hair that women use that doesn't come pt until the hair is grown. It looks good and is a reddish brown but still think 10 is way too young.

Wissmiss that's my thoughts exactly, they need to worry about being a kid and not acting like an adult. There's plenty of time to be an adult later. Girls and boys are constantly changing enough, they don't need additional changes or modifications. What is sad is society thinks it's ok for children to act and look like adults especially when it comes to self image.

Tattoos and additional piercings are a different story. They need to be a mature adult first and know that IF they get a tattoo it should have significant meaning and should be done a good artist in their licensed shop. There's piercings that never look good on anyone. Nose, big gauge on the ears and face are some that come to mind.

Re: What age is to young [Re: adam m] #6604211
08/27/19 12:09 PM
08/27/19 12:09 PM
American In the Pyrenees; Fran...
S
swift4me Offline
trapper
swift4me  Offline
trapper
S

American In the Pyrenees; Fran...
Adam.

Is "your daughter's mother" your wife? If so, it seems that she hasn't sought your advice for a while. Good luck with the other choices she makes.

As for tattoos.. everybody who gets a tattoo thinks it's significant and meaningful.

Good luck.

Pete

Re: What age is to young [Re: adam m] #6604221
08/27/19 12:34 PM
08/27/19 12:34 PM
Nevada
N
nvwrangler Offline
trapper
nvwrangler  Offline
trapper
N

Nevada
Green I think you have it figured out, don't sweet the small stuff. Its just hair and as long as grades and attitudes are good its not that big of deal. You are doing something that has opened those lines of commination with your girls.

Adam try to find out why she wanted to dye her hair, girls can be even meaner the boys at times. One of the biggest fights I lost was over type of underwear my daughter wanted to wear. Luckily my wife at the time was able to talk to my daughter and found out she was being teased and picked on in the locker room during gym class. Not something she would share with "dad".

My youngest boy had a full blown billy ray mullet for a while, heck just made him walk behind us in public (just kidding) but teased him and so did his friends however it made him outgoing and people knew who he was.

So many battles in life choose the important ones and do what you can to stay close to your daughters. Heck go with them to get their hair dyed next time and shock them by getting yours done too. LOL Adam you might just rock the "guy Feitti" blond highlites

Re: What age is to young [Re: Trap Setter] #6604222
08/27/19 12:36 PM
08/27/19 12:36 PM
Eau Claire Wi
Trap Setter Offline
trapper
Trap Setter  Offline
trapper

Eau Claire Wi
Originally Posted by Trap Setter
My parents rule and now mine with the Boy is any hairdo or color is fine at any age BUT not at the start of a school year or the beginning of the semester. Taught that first impressions are very important and also good to let them express themselves while young so it's not a rebellious thing when they are older. Also talk to them when they start hating the color explain that's why you need to be sure about piercings and tattoos. I have neither and believe that type of parenting is why. So I would be upset that it is so close to the start of school but wouldn't let a ten year old see me sweat I'd take it up with her mom and tell your daughter she is beautiful no matter what. Kids don't want their parents approval all the time and if it gets a rise they will know how to gain control... keep them guessing.

^^^ my post was made under the assumption that your daughter's mom was not your S.O. or wife and might be trying to get you upset that was the keep them guessing part. And I would not allow any piercings or tattoos till The Boy is grown and out of the house but he did have a mohawk in kindergarten well after the school year started and knows he can do any style he wants so he just keeps it conservative now we will see as he ages. Fingers crossed.

Life sure is tough when you don't learn from the mistakes of others.
Re: What age is to young [Re: nvwrangler] #6604226
08/27/19 12:51 PM
08/27/19 12:51 PM
Shenandoah County, VA
L
l1ranger Offline
trapper
l1ranger  Offline
trapper
L

Shenandoah County, VA
Originally Posted by nvwrangler
Green I think you have it figured out, don't sweet the small stuff. Its just hair and as long as grades and attitudes are good its not that big of deal. You are doing something that has opened those lines of commination with your girls.

Adam try to find out why she wanted to dye her hair, girls can be even meaner the boys at times. One of the biggest fights I lost was over type of underwear my daughter wanted to wear. Luckily my wife at the time was able to talk to my daughter and found out she was being teased and picked on in the locker room during gym class. Not something she would share with "dad".

My youngest boy had a full blown billy ray mullet for a while, heck just made him walk behind us in public (just kidding) but teased him and so did his friends however it made him outgoing and people knew who he was.

So many battles in life choose the important ones and do what you can to stay close to your daughters. Heck go with them to get their hair dyed next time and shock them by getting yours done too. LOL Adam you might just rock the "guy Feitti" blond highlites

good post wrangler - i've got two daughters that are 19 and 16 - I grew up in a house of boys, I'm the oldest of four. girls always have been, are, and will be a foreign species to me.
you have to learn your family as it grows and which "battles" need to be "fought" and which need to be passed.

my daughters are very different, one has been into hair nails and makeup for a while - the other not so much. I leave it up to my wife..mostly. i have a few strict rules about dress codes and what can be worn in public (and we agree on those).

my job is not to control every aspect of their life, but to make sure they have the tools and knowledge to responsible, upstanding, and contributing citizens to our society.

Josh
Re: What age is to young [Re: adam m] #6604227
08/27/19 12:53 PM
08/27/19 12:53 PM
central Missouri
B
Bigfoot Offline
trapper
Bigfoot  Offline
trapper
B

central Missouri
Pick your battles carefully I think I would save it and draw the line at revealing clothes tattoos and body piercings

Last edited by Bigfoot; 08/27/19 12:58 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread