No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: More California Fun - $7m For Nutria [Re: Catch22] #6629038
09/30/19 07:23 AM
09/30/19 07:23 AM
ND
M
MJM Offline
trapper
MJM  Offline
trapper
M

ND
Originally Posted by Catch22
[I thought it was because of the fact they banned trapping and suck. Am I wrong?

The point was, if fur trapping was going to fix the problem, there would not be a problem. Has the fur trapping ban even gone into effect?

"Not Really, Not Really"
Mark J Monti
"MJM you're a jerk."
Re: More California Fun - $7m For Nutria [Re: DaYooper14] #6629066
09/30/19 08:29 AM
09/30/19 08:29 AM
Green Bay, Wisconsin
tlguy Offline
trapper
tlguy  Offline
trapper

Green Bay, Wisconsin
The point is, as I see it, they banned trapping because it was a waste of money and they couldn't justify spending the money to pay the staffers to manage the 60 or so active trappers they had left after they banned bobcat trapping. That amount was around $300k if I remember right. So now they're going to use over 20x that money (not including the $8 mil already set aside for this) to do the same thing hunters and trappers could otherwise be doing.

I get what you're saying MJM, hunters and trappers were not doing enough to eradicate nutria. But the truth is, there is no way short of nuking the entire state that will eradicate them. Smame with wild hogs. It's an ongoing beef hunters and trappers have with the government paying people to compete with licensed hunters and trappers for the same resource, often with methods we're not allowed to use. It will be interesting what methods they come up with in CA to combat the nutria not using any traps and only using non-lead ammo.

Re: More California Fun - $7m For Nutria [Re: DaYooper14] #6629070
09/30/19 08:37 AM
09/30/19 08:37 AM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
So it is my understanding there is not a good enough market to harvest the Nutria. The state put a ban on the sale of fur, outstanding. In my comment that it was free, they state was not paying anyone to trap them. The State of CA must stay up all night thing how to screw the tax payers and others. JMO

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: More California Fun - $7m For Nutria [Re: DaYooper14] #6629076
09/30/19 08:44 AM
09/30/19 08:44 AM
PA
P
PAskinner Offline
trapper
PAskinner  Offline
trapper
P

PA
They are very good at finding ways to waste the maximum amount of money. If trapping is bad, then logically they should just let nature have her way. I thought she was supposed to balance herself? That's what the vegans and bunny huggers always tell me. Morons.

Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread