ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Parking Lot Mice #6628770
09/29/19 09:05 PM
09/29/19 09:05 PM
Canada
U
Urbancoon Offline OP
trapper
Urbancoon  Offline OP
trapper
U

Canada
For the past number of years, some staff at work have been complaining of mice getting into their cars and saying they got them at work. Mice are regulars in the food areas of the building.

Below are pictures of the parking lot. The parking lot is sandwiched between the building and a grass playing field. You can see a small treed park in the back. Row homes on both sides of the property.

You think the mice are running from the fields/bush during the day and climbing into the cars? Or is more likely they are just picking them up from home or from other vehicles?

Pictures taken from the corners of the parking lot towards the building.

[Linked Image]

Re: Parking Lot Mice [Re: Urbancoon] #6628807
09/29/19 09:40 PM
09/29/19 09:40 PM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
Unless you have a real mouse problem I would say they are not getting them in the parking lot.

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: Parking Lot Mice [Re: Urbancoon] #6629027
09/30/19 06:53 AM
09/30/19 06:53 AM
Schenectady, NY
E
EatenByLimestone Offline
trapper
EatenByLimestone  Offline
trapper
E

Schenectady, NY
Same here. That's a big area for multiple mice to have to cross. Predators would have a field day!

However, it sounds like a great opportunity to sell a rodent control baiting plan, at both locations.

Car wires are insulated in soy. Yum!

Re: Parking Lot Mice [Re: Urbancoon] #6629030
09/30/19 07:05 AM
09/30/19 07:05 AM
Washington
wildflights Offline
trapper
wildflights  Offline
trapper

Washington
I've seen (multiple) rats running around parking lots like that in broad daylight. You mention food areas in nearby buildings with known rodent issues. Sounds like similar circumstances.

The field areas in the photo look well maintained and mowed short. Bet the rodents are coming from the buildings more so than the lawn.

Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. -Gustav Mahler
Re: Parking Lot Mice [Re: EatenByLimestone] #6629817
09/30/19 11:46 PM
09/30/19 11:46 PM
Canada
U
Urbancoon Offline OP
trapper
Urbancoon  Offline OP
trapper
U

Canada
Originally Posted by EatenByLimestone
However, it sounds like a great opportunity to sell a rodent control baiting plan, at both locations.

Someone already has the job on the inside. Can't bait on the outside--near playing fields. They're afraid someone may open up a station and eat the bait.

Thanks all. I didn't think that mice would be moving that far out, but thought I'd check with you guys anyway.

No rats reported on the inside (yet!).

Re: Parking Lot Mice [Re: Urbancoon] #6630101
10/01/19 12:18 PM
10/01/19 12:18 PM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
Could you not use some kind of repeating mouse traps inside the bait stations so that wild animals would not drag your traps away?

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: Parking Lot Mice [Re: run] #6630633
10/02/19 01:50 AM
10/02/19 01:50 AM
Canada
U
Urbancoon Offline OP
trapper
Urbancoon  Offline OP
trapper
U

Canada
Originally Posted by run
Could you not use some kind of repeating mouse traps inside the bait stations so that wild animals would not drag your traps away?

No wild animals. Just children (which for some, is the same thing!) Haven't seen any predators around either. Mostly gulls and crows. Don't think a gull would hunt a mouse. I've never seen crows hunt live mice either, but I've read they do.

The word there has always been the mice come from the park, but I've read that mice territories are fairly small, and roaming across a seemingly foodless asphalt wasteland, would seem to me, unlikely.

I'm more of the opinion that people were bringing them from home, and the mice are just wandering into other cars during the work day.

Just trying to verify what I'm reading/thinking so that I don't give staff bad information about the mice--that they need to take care of the problem at home.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread