Wilderness Trapping and Living

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Dobbins' Catalog~

ATS
(Please support Ted's Fur Shed, our sponsor for the Wilderness Page)

Alaska Trappers Association

Print Thread
Hop To
Halibut charters #6631594
10/03/19 01:29 AM
10/03/19 01:29 AM
SW Alaska
otterman Offline OP
trapper
otterman  Offline OP
trapper

SW Alaska
Ok i know this has been hashed over before but the search leeps telling me there are no post available so due to the commercial and subsistence fishing season we (my boys an I ) took a late charter this year it was out of Whittier and though we had fun we scheduled it last minute so basically ended upon a chicken boat that admitted to us they rarely got bigger halibut. We want to start making this an annual event so we will be forced to go early or late due to our other summer activities so two questions going out of Seward or Homer. Whittier wont happen as the plan is to take our wives and one of them will absolutely mot go through the tunnel
So Who would you charter with and would you go early in late May first week of June or late season in early August we want to take a 6 pack boat so we can just buy the boat and not have strangers in the mix

Last edited by otterman; 10/03/19 01:32 AM.

We get out of life only as much as we really want and work hard enough to achieve
Re: Halibut charters [Re: otterman] #6631722
10/03/19 08:38 AM
10/03/19 08:38 AM
IL
G
goatman Offline
trapper
goatman  Offline
trapper
G

IL
Crackerjack. Seward. They told me early spring shallow water halibut.

Re: Halibut charters [Re: otterman] #6631784
10/03/19 09:59 AM
10/03/19 09:59 AM
alaska
3 Fingers Offline
trapper
3 Fingers  Offline
trapper

alaska
Seward statistically has largest average fish size. Late May early June can be good but later summer fish will be up shallower and you can also keep lingcod after July 1, just not in Res bay itself. And don’t overlook rockfish - best eating IMO. Can’t recommend a charter personally but have heard nothing but good things about Crackerjack.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  akntrpr, Ol' Blister, otterman