No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18
Re: Fox News bogus headline [Re: Lugnut] #6671624
11/21/19 11:24 AM
11/21/19 11:24 AM
PA
G
gryhkl Offline
trapper
gryhkl  Offline
trapper
G

PA

Well grackle, from your posts I would guess you are a stereotypical idiot.

If someone mentions FoxNews you automatically assume they are brain dead drones being spoon fed their information and believing every over-sensationalized word they hear.

I understand it, it's what you liberals do to make yourselves feel better about your utterly ridiculous ideologies.

Carry on.[/quote]

I'd say the same thing about anyone who believes they get real news from msnbc.
Hard to imagine so many believe the stuff these places put out is the whole story on anything.

Re: Fox News bogus headline [Re: Lugnut] #6671648
11/21/19 12:12 PM
11/21/19 12:12 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by Lugnut
I don't watch any of the national news outlets much anymore. But I do know Fox presents news that is biased towards the right. Especially when compared to the rabid, hard left-leaning folks on CNN MSNBC, PBS, etc. Thereby provoking the attacks of liberals, including Tman forum liberals.

It's really not that hard to understand.

I agree that FOX leans the farthest to the right when compared to the other stations who lean almost 100% to the left. The other difference is that FOX still has some liberal commentators regularly in their programming. CNN, NBC, ABC, etc do not have any regular conservative commentators. That's why FOX can say they are balanced while the others are not.

Must be nice to eat ice cream as fast as you want and not have to worry about brain freeze.
Re: Fox News bogus headline [Re: k snow] #6671732
11/21/19 02:08 PM
11/21/19 02:08 PM
Idaho Falls, Idaho
F
Furvor Offline
trapper
Furvor  Offline
trapper
F

Idaho Falls, Idaho
FOX is now owned by Disney.

Re: Fox News bogus headline [Re: Trapper7] #6671735
11/21/19 02:14 PM
11/21/19 02:14 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by Trapper7

I agree that FOX leans the farthest to the right when compared to the other stations who lean almost 100% to the left. The other difference is that FOX still has some liberal commentators regularly in their programming. CNN, NBC, ABC, etc do not have any regular conservative commentators. That's why FOX can say they are balanced while the others are not.

If you're watching a show with commentators and you can tell which way those commentators lean, you're watching an opinion/entertainment piece, not news. News is just facts. Commentary is opinion.

Re: Fox News bogus headline [Re: k snow] #6671749
11/21/19 02:38 PM
11/21/19 02:38 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
I'll take Fox news over all the liberal ones put togeather!

Re: Fox News bogus headline [Re: Furvor] #6671756
11/21/19 02:45 PM
11/21/19 02:45 PM
Three Lakes,WI 72
C
corky Online content
trapper
corky  Online Content
trapper
C

Three Lakes,WI 72
Originally Posted by Furvor
FOX is now owned by Disney.

20th Century Fox was acquired by Disney. Fox News is part of a separate independent company that is still controlled by Murdoch.:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_Corporation

Re: Fox News bogus headline [Re: loosegoose] #6671782
11/21/19 03:19 PM
11/21/19 03:19 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by loosegoose

If you're watching a show with commentators and you can tell which way those commentators lean, you're watching an opinion/entertainment piece, not news. News is just facts. Commentary is opinion.

Yes, but you missed my point. Regardless of which commentator has an opinion liberal or conservative, you will never see a conservative commentator as a regular on the main stream news.
Name me some regular conservative commentators on these. I can name you quite a few regular liberal contributors on FOX.

Must be nice to eat ice cream as fast as you want and not have to worry about brain freeze.
Re: Fox News bogus headline [Re: loosegoose] #6671785
11/21/19 03:22 PM
11/21/19 03:22 PM
PA
G
gryhkl Offline
trapper
gryhkl  Offline
trapper
G

PA

And foxnews and the others should drop the "news' part from their title.

Re: Fox News bogus headline [Re: k snow] #6671793
11/21/19 03:30 PM
11/21/19 03:30 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
Fox News is the bestest news station in all the land !!!!!! laugh

Last edited by upstateNY; 11/21/19 03:31 PM.

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Fox News bogus headline [Re: upstateNY] #6671795
11/21/19 03:34 PM
11/21/19 03:34 PM
PA
G
gryhkl Offline
trapper
gryhkl  Offline
trapper
G

PA
Originally Posted by upstateNY
Fox News is the bestest news station in all the land !!!!!! laugh

works best iffin' ya wipe yer nose on yer sleeve and spit some tabaka juice after ya say it.:D

Re: Fox News bogus headline [Re: k snow] #6671808
11/21/19 03:52 PM
11/21/19 03:52 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Fox news, CNN, MSNBC et al are not really news, they're entertainment/commentary on the news. They present their view on the news, not just the news itself. I don't think any of them have a program that presents facts on current events with no opinion inserted. That should be pretty obvious. Whether you like one, all, none, whatever, is fine, just don't kid yourself into thinking any of them are fact-based or fair or balanced. It's pretty much all that's available for news nowadays, you've just go to be smart enough to pick out facts from opinion.

Re: Fox News bogus headline [Re: loosegoose] #6671811
11/21/19 03:53 PM
11/21/19 03:53 PM
PA
G
gryhkl Offline
trapper
gryhkl  Offline
trapper
G

PA
Fox news, CNN, MSNBC et al are not really news, they're entertainment/commentary on the news. They present their view on the news, not just the news itself. I don't think any of them have a program that presents facts on current events with no opinion inserted. That should be pretty obvious. Whether you like one, all, none, whatever, is fine, just don't kid yourself into thinking any of them are fact-based or fair or balanced. It's pretty much all that's available for news nowadays, you've just go to be smart enough to pick out facts from opinion.

X2

Re: Fox News bogus headline [Re: loosegoose] #6671823
11/21/19 04:02 PM
11/21/19 04:02 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
So if there is a gang shooting in Chicago, you don't feel that qualifies as news only entertainment or commentary? I call that facts or news.
When you're talking politics, some qualifies as news. But, you are right in that there are different viewpoints. My point is that the viewpoints are always left-leaning with the main stream media, never conservative. FOX on the other hand, while they do lean more right than left, do allow liberal viewpoints because of their affiliation with liberal contributers.

Re: Fox News bogus headline [Re: Trapper7] #6671828
11/21/19 04:06 PM
11/21/19 04:06 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
So if there is a gang shooting in Chicago, you don't feel that qualifies as news only entertainment or commentary? I call that facts or news.
When you're talking politics, some qualifies as news. But, you are right in that there are different viewpoints. My point is that the viewpoints are always left-leaning with the main stream media, never conservative. FOX on the other hand, while they do lean more right than left, do allow liberal viewpoints because of their affiliation with liberal contributers.

No. what I mean is that if you watch the story about a gang shooting on fox, they'll tell about the story, and then maybe go into a discussion about gang issues in Chicago. If you watch the same story on MSNBC, they'll tell you the story, and then go into a long discussion about a need for gun control. One story, two different perspectives and discussions on said story. You've just got to be able to pick out what's fact and what's opinion while watching it, neither one is presenting only the facts.

Re: Fox News bogus headline [Re: k snow] #6671839
11/21/19 04:18 PM
11/21/19 04:18 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
I agree with you on the gang shooting. But, politics are different than a gang shooting in that FOX's viewpoints will have different perspectives because they can come from a liberal or a conservative. Not so with MSNBC or the others.

Fox definitely leans more right than they do left. But, they do air left-leaning opinions sometimes as well. Just watch Chris Wallace on Sunday morning. He will have a 4 person panel hashing out the previous week. Two people on the panel will be liberals, two will be conservatives arguing things from their point of view.

Re: Fox News bogus headline [Re: k snow] #6671849
11/21/19 04:30 PM
11/21/19 04:30 PM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
Meanwhile, The Clintons chief of staff is the moderator on the MSM impartial political roundtables. SMH.

Re: Fox News bogus headline [Re: k snow] #6672199
11/21/19 10:50 PM
11/21/19 10:50 PM
Idaho Falls, Idaho
F
Furvor Offline
trapper
Furvor  Offline
trapper
F

Idaho Falls, Idaho
For more news, less opinion, try OAN.

Re: Fox News bogus headline [Re: k snow] #6672223
11/21/19 11:14 PM
11/21/19 11:14 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
I don't have time to watch much news, but I have seen conservative commentators, usually arguing with liberal ones, on MSNBC and CNN quite often when I do watch.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Fox News bogus headline [Re: gryhkl] #6672420
11/22/19 08:56 AM
11/22/19 08:56 AM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
Originally Posted by gryhkl
Originally Posted by lugnut

Well grackle, from your posts I would guess you are a stereotypical idiot.

If someone mentions FoxNews you automatically assume they are brain dead drones being spoon fed their information and believing every over-sensationalized word they hear.

I understand it, it's what you liberals do to make yourselves feel better about your utterly ridiculous ideologies.

Carry on.

I'd say the same thing about anyone who believes they get real news from msnbc.
Hard to imagine so many believe the stuff these places put out is the whole story on anything.

Who are these people that you constantly refer too? Do you actually know anybody that believes everything they hear from national news outlets? Are you saying you have personal knowledge of people so gullible, so naive and so completely ignorant as to accept without question the constant bullcrap spewed by the "news" commentator dolts? Maybe you need a more enlightened group of friends?

While, I'm sure they exists, I personally don't know of any. But, judging from your posts, you have intimate knowledge of these hordes of brain-dead ignoramuses. So please grackle, enlighten us, who are they?

You want to say, "Trump supporters" don't you? grin

Eh...wot?

Re: Fox News bogus headline [Re: k snow] #6672435
11/22/19 09:26 AM
11/22/19 09:26 AM
PA
G
gryhkl Offline
trapper
gryhkl  Offline
trapper
G

PA
Who are these people that you constantly refer too? Do you actually know anybody that believes everything they hear from national news outlets? Are you saying you have personal knowledge of people so gullible, so naive and so completely ignorant as to accept without question the constant bullcrap spewed by the "news" commentator dolts? Maybe you need a more enlightened group of friends?

While, I'm sure they exists, I personally don't know of any. But, judging from your posts, you have intimate knowledge of these hordes of brain-dead ignoramuses. So please grackle, enlighten us, who are they?

You want to say, "Trump supporters" don't you? grin

Well lug, I'd say that you likely qualify. And I don't think anyone believes EVERYTHING they hear from these biased sources. And I think your claim that you never watch foxnews is highly suspect....but, I base that on the tone of most of your posts-maybe you have another propaganda source that is similar to them?

And I know some pretty reasonable trump supports, but the honest ones will admit that their support is more about opposition to the democrats in the race than trump himself.I watch a little of many news stations and sometimes it clear that some folks get their talking point directly from the mouths of the foxnews trump cheerleaders. I know a few who do the same from viewing the trump haters on msnbc.

I have many friends, some more enlightened than most people and some more like "brain-dead ignoramuses" who try to view everything through a filter that fits what the extremist in their party have them trained to think. And it's sad to see some of the old men I know spend so much of what are likely their final few years watching foxnews and becoming so negative about everything in the country that it robs them of much of the joy in life.....Most of probably know some old guys like that.

If you think about it for a while, even you may realize that anyone who agrees with everything their heroes say or do, are indeed, "brain-dead ignoramuses". If one cannot understand that, it may be because he fits the description.

Page 4 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread