Strictly Trapping

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Trapping Only Forum)

TrappersPost
Please support Trappers post, a sponsor of the Strictly Trapping Forum

Print Thread
Hop To
Training trap line puppy. #6682141
12/03/19 01:38 PM
12/03/19 01:38 PM
PA
T
Troutbum140 Offline OP
trapper
Troutbum140  Offline OP
trapper
T

PA
Hey guys, I will be getting a puppy at the end of the month. I was wondering what are some do’s and don’ts would be to get him dialed in. I would like it to be able to locate a coyote caught on a drag. I do not want to scare this puppy of coyotes at a young age. I basically want to make him my trapping partner. Comments on here would be okay, but I prefer private message because I’d like to get into detail. Thanks!

Troutbum

Last edited by Troutbum140; 12/03/19 01:42 PM.
Re: Training trap line puppy. [Re: Troutbum140] #6682471
12/03/19 09:05 PM
12/03/19 09:05 PM
Montana
B
beartooth trapr Offline
trapper
beartooth trapr  Offline
trapper
B

Montana
I was training my pup last spring and summer, i used a rubbed junk skinned coyote and a fox tail. I would drag it around and hide it in a brush and hsve her find it. Just freshen it up once a week with a shot of urine. It works she loves getting the coyote now. Feral cats dont hold a flame to remi, lol i just tell her get that coyote lol

Let me sugar coat this
Re: Training trap line puppy. [Re: Troutbum140] #6682565
12/03/19 10:14 PM
12/03/19 10:14 PM
West Central MN
20scout Offline
trapper
20scout  Offline
trapper

West Central MN
Start with the basics first as you will want the pup to obey without hesitation. Once you get that down then you can work on the rest.

Common sense is a not a vegetable that does well in everyone's garden.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Drifter, Wolfdog91