Strictly Trapping

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Trapping Only Forum)

TrappersPost
Please support Trappers post, a sponsor of the Strictly Trapping Forum

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: In need of deep snow bobcat tips [Re: upyotehunter] #6716735
01/04/20 08:19 PM
01/04/20 08:19 PM
montana
R
red mt Offline
trapper
red mt  Offline
trapper
R

montana
Everybody imo wants to go the easy way ,,, in deep snow there easier ways but not a easy way.
Find a track ,make set ,and repeat as much as you can. Some lure or no lure for blind set exposed because it gets buried again at nite. Or pack dirt and bury your choice.
The HARDEST part of trapping Bobcats is patiences, patiences and more patiences lol.

Kenneth schoening
Re: In need of deep snow bobcat tips [Re: upyotehunter] #6717978
01/05/20 10:41 PM
01/05/20 10:41 PM
WI - Wisconsin
A
AJE Offline
trapper
AJE  Offline
trapper
A

WI - Wisconsin
We haven't got deep snow yet this year. I bet the cats are liking it, though I really haven't seen much movement.

Re: In need of deep snow bobcat tips [Re: upyotehunter] #6722439
01/09/20 04:29 PM
01/09/20 04:29 PM
Upper Peninsula, Mi
C
coykill Offline
trapper
coykill  Offline
trapper
C

Upper Peninsula, Mi
I do blind sets on small creeks. The cats follow the creeks because it is easier for them to walk. I set off snow shoes and come in at a 90 to the creek and reach and put my trap wrapped in crumpled wax paper right in one of there tracks. Find the best one where it was stepping over a stick or whatever. Take your time and find a good spot where it has stepped and put your trap in the snow and I cover it a bit with snow with a flat scoop I made. Just in case a coyote comes along otherwise leave it exposed for cats.

Re: In need of deep snow bobcat tips [Re: upyotehunter] #6722900
01/09/20 10:59 PM
01/09/20 10:59 PM
WI - Wisconsin
A
AJE Offline
trapper
AJE  Offline
trapper
A

WI - Wisconsin
I've always thought they follow creeks but this cat I'm after must be an oddball b/c it's doing the opposite of what I planned. My initial setups were assuming cats would follow the creek I'm on, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Drifter, Wolfdog91