No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Charges Filed [Re: Art S] #6723708
01/10/20 05:15 PM
01/10/20 05:15 PM
potter co. p.a.
P
pcr2 Offline
"Twerker"
pcr2  Offline
"Twerker"
P

potter co. p.a.
sure,thanx

Re: Charges Filed [Re: harleydparts] #6723754
01/10/20 06:27 PM
01/10/20 06:27 PM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
Grandpa Trapper Offline
trapper
Grandpa Trapper  Offline
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
Originally Posted by harleydparts
I see most of these charges as having terrible unintended consequences on the future of trapping.

I was wondering the same thing. Years ago when I worked as a deputy WCO for the PGC, there wasn’t any laws in the code book letting the PGC enforce animal cruelty laws other than turning information over to another agency. They didn’t want to open a Pandora’s Box.

Re: Charges Filed [Re: Art S] #6723824
01/10/20 07:27 PM
01/10/20 07:27 PM
Wheaton Ks
L
lee steinmeyer Offline
trapper
lee steinmeyer  Offline
trapper
L

Wheaton Ks
What exactly did they do to get into this much dodo? Dang kid can rip off a store or person, and won't get in nearly as much trouble as these kids did. Do you think their glasses are on upside down maybe!

YOU CAN IGNORE REALITY, BUT YOU CANNOT IGNORE THE CONSEQUENCES OF IGNORING REALITY.

http://www.lptraplinesupply.com
Re: Charges Filed [Re: Art S] #6723980
01/10/20 09:14 PM
01/10/20 09:14 PM
PA
E
elkaholic Offline
trapper
elkaholic  Offline
trapper
E

PA
I don't think this is going to really hurt trapping, at least in PA. Our game commission is pretty autonomous when it comes to regulations. The legislature can make laws, but it is up to the PGC to write the regulations and decide how they get enforced. We don't have ballot initiatives. So that keeps the general public from being able to dictate laws.

As far as them being charged with felonies. Two things: There are 2 other videos of these kids doing things like this. One involved a groundhog and a bridge side. The other involved a chipmunk and a 4x4 and feet. The other thing is the amount of felonies being charged is done, just like in most criminal cases. Pile them on so they can plead them down.

Millions of trees die every year to print environmentalist publications
Re: Charges Filed [Re: elkaholic] #6723985
01/10/20 09:19 PM
01/10/20 09:19 PM
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI
Originally Posted by elkaholic
I don't think this is going to really hurt trapping, at least in PA. Our game commission is pretty autonomous when it comes to regulations. The legislature can make laws, but it is up to the PGC to write the regulations and decide how they get enforced. We don't have ballot initiatives. So that keeps the general public from being able to dictate laws.

As far as them being charged with felonies. Two things: There are 2 other videos of these kids doing things like this. One involved a groundhog and a bridge side. The other involved a chipmunk and a 4x4 and feet. The other thing is the amount of felonies being charged is done, just like in most criminal cases. Pile them on so they can plead them down.

Cruelty to animals has nothing to do with game violations and the laws on the matter are not written by game commission. This is why it could be bad for hunting, fishing, and trapping in the future. These kids should not be charged with cruelty to animals as they were in the act of hunting. It should be a different charge all together.

No Jab.
Re: Charges Filed [Re: Art S] #6723989
01/10/20 09:22 PM
01/10/20 09:22 PM
Pa
C
Cope23 Offline
trapper
Cope23  Offline
trapper
C

Pa
They will get a slap on the hands...if that would be my kid i would beat their a$$..no respect

Re: Charges Filed [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6723999
01/10/20 09:39 PM
01/10/20 09:39 PM
Southcentral PA
B
BaldHiller Offline
trapper
BaldHiller  Offline
trapper
B

Southcentral PA
The majority of their charges were Title18 violations, which are typically enforced by police. The Title 34 violations are Game Law violations, typically enforced by the PA Game Commission. I would guess the reason the felony Title 18 charges were brought was to make a statement. As stated earlier, they will more than likely plead to misdemeanor or summary offenses. With that being said, I could care less if they were found guilty of all of the charges filed against them and could never possess a firearm legally for the rest of their lives. What they did is an absolute disgrace to every ethical hunter out there. Not to mention the complete lack of respect for that deer.

Re: Charges Filed [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6724001
01/10/20 09:42 PM
01/10/20 09:42 PM
PA
E
elkaholic Offline
trapper
elkaholic  Offline
trapper
E

PA
Originally Posted by Sprung&Rusty

Cruelty to animals has nothing to do with game violations and the laws on the matter are not written by game commission. This is why it could be bad for hunting, fishing, and trapping in the future. These kids should not be charged with cruelty to animals as they were in the act of hunting. It should be a different charge all together.

The laws may not be written by the PGC, but the regulations and enforcement are at the discretion of the PGC. PA is different than all other states. Our game commission only answers to the legislature for law changes and license increases, The legislature has no say in how the law is enforced. It's been tried before and failed.

It's very hard to describe how our game commission is set up.

Millions of trees die every year to print environmentalist publications
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread