No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Jury Duty [Re: gutthooked] #6724653
01/11/20 01:23 PM
01/11/20 01:23 PM
Northern Maine
Bruce T Offline
trapper
Bruce T  Offline
trapper

Northern Maine
Have never been called.

Nevada bound
Re: Jury Duty [Re: gutthooked] #6724655
01/11/20 01:26 PM
01/11/20 01:26 PM
SW Pa
W
wr otis Offline
trapper
wr otis  Offline
trapper
W

SW Pa
Friend got called on a rape case, they found the guy guilty. But my friend said both of them were complete liars and it was hard to figure out which did the least lying.

Re: Jury Duty [Re: gutthooked] #6724665
01/11/20 01:37 PM
01/11/20 01:37 PM
uniontown pa
G
gutthooked Offline OP
trapper
gutthooked  Offline OP
trapper
G

uniontown pa
The case I was on was a known drug dealer rapist black man that raped a mentally challenged white boy. The case was only a few days as there was not many witnesses, the plaintiffs attorney was absolutely terrible and did not get to any facts of the case. The defendants attorney actually provided more info than the police witnesses or scientists that spoke.at the trial. The defendant never took the stand to plea his case. In the end there was 6 different charges and was instructed by the judge to use the evidence that was provided in the case. We found the rapist not guilty on 4 charges and was a hung jury on 2 of the charges. Between the witnesses they couldn't get when this occurred to within a 1 year time frame and the plaintiff waited several months b4 he told his crackhead sister that never reported her drug dealer for raping her brother.

Wish the case turned out differently but we had to use the evidence that was provided. I felt the guy was guilty by the testimony provided. At the end of the trial the bailiff took the defendant into custody and back to jail.

I came home and researched the defendant after the trial was over and found out he has a pending case on raping a child under 13 yrs old and had several convictions of rape in the last 2 decades. If this info was provided in the trial maybe the outcome would of been different.

Don't limit your challenges
Challenge your limits
Re: Jury Duty [Re: gutthooked] #6724674
01/11/20 01:44 PM
01/11/20 01:44 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Same with the trial I was on. The police and D.A. did a terrible job and in the end we voted not guilty.

I can't say I think she was guilty tho, just that the police didn't bring evidence she was.

Last edited by hippie; 01/11/20 01:46 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread