No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
NC coyote attack #6727926
01/13/20 08:18 PM
01/13/20 08:18 PM
ND
M
MJM Offline OP
trapper
MJM  Offline OP
trapper
M

ND
Two people were hospitalized Monday in central North Carolina after being attacked by what is believed to be a coyote.

TV station WXII is reporting the victims were a father and daughter.

The Davie County Sheriff’s Office is warning people that the animal is still on the loose. It’s the second time this year that a coyote attack has been reported outside a Davie County home.

The sheriff’s office posted an animal attack advisory late Monday on Facebook, reporting the two victims were attacked about 3:15 p.m. Monday. The department believes the animal was a coyote, but has not yet confirmed it, says the post.

TV station WXII says the victims were a man and his 7-year-old daughter. The father told the station his daughter was playing alone on a swing set in the backyard when she was attacked, WXII reported.

"She started screaming," the girl's father, Fidel Castro Grande told TV station WFMY. "I ran immediately, broke the door down, got it off her and that's when it attacked me. I was wrestling it until I was able to get it off from me, and it had bitten off part of my face."

He nearly lost an eye in the attack, WFMY reported. Both father and daughter are undergoing rabies treatment, WFMY reported.

The attack occurred inside the town limits of Mocksville, at 273 East Depot Street, deputies said.

NC mom fights off coyote attacking daughter. ‘It just wanted to eat me,’ girl says.
MARCH 16, 2018 12:25 PM
Coyotes roam every one of North Carolina’s counties and have become both a nuisance and a danger. The animals have been blamed for killing and injuring pets in the Charlotte region.

In February, a coyote threatened a Huntersville family near Charlotte, and it was later confirmed to be rabid. The family stayed safely in their vehicle and called 911 as the coyote chewed on their car's bumper.

John Schroter’s family posted a video of the incident that showed the coyote pacing along a fence near their home and snarling.

Davie County is along the Interstate 40 route, between Statesville and Winston-Salem. In March, another girl was attacked by a coyote in Davie County, near the community of Advance.
Investigators said the girl was followed by the coyote as she walked to the door of her home and attacked as she tried to enter. Her mother was able to stop the attack, but the child suffered minor injuries, said officials.

"Not Really, Not Really"
Mark J Monti
"MJM you're a jerk."
Re: NC coyote attack [Re: MJM] #6728202
01/13/20 11:01 PM
01/13/20 11:01 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Its funny these attacks never hit mainstream news

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: NC coyote attack [Re: MJM] #6728259
01/13/20 11:55 PM
01/13/20 11:55 PM
Georgia
W
Wiz Offline
trapper
Wiz  Offline
trapper
W

Georgia
I just read a wildlife journal yesterday that said from 1960 to 2006, there was on average 3.5 coyote attacks per year across the US. I'm aware of 3 in the last week with 2 in Chicago and this one. Only going to become more common.

Re: NC coyote attack [Re: MJM] #6728285
01/14/20 12:41 AM
01/14/20 12:41 AM
OBX N.C.
Leary Sink Offline
trapper
Leary Sink  Offline
trapper

OBX N.C.
I just did a search on the WRAL news website
(Raleigh,NC)
This coyote attack on the man and his daughter and the prior one was in 2018.
Thats why there is nothing being reported about it now.

We did have a surfer get a possible shark bite today.
Waters too cold for me to risk getting bitten by anything but hypothermia.

Last edited by Leary Sink; 01/14/20 12:44 AM.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread