No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: cabelas closure [Re: Lugnut] #6727993
01/13/20 09:03 PM
01/13/20 09:03 PM
Northern Maine
Bruce T Offline
trapper
Bruce T  Offline
trapper

Northern Maine
Originally Posted by Lugnut
Cabela's opened their biggest retail store about an hour from me in Hamburg, Pa. back in 2003. It's 250,000 square feet and you could spend most of a day there just sight-seeing. There is a huge walk-thru aquarium stocked with some of the biggest native species I've ever seen, very interesting. There is a giant-sized indoor mountain with full-body mounts of most North-American species. A large trout pond stocked with all the native species of trout with a huge, full-body moose mount standing in it and a bridge going across it. The trophy room has dozens and dozens of head mounts of the biggest whitetail ever taken in North-America.

It's really something to see.

Been there numerous times. Awesome place.

Nevada bound
Re: cabelas closure [Re: EdP] #6728160
01/13/20 10:31 PM
01/13/20 10:31 PM
SD
B
Bison88 Offline
trapper
Bison88  Offline
trapper
B

SD
Scheels rocks!

Re: cabelas closure [Re: EdP] #6728203
01/13/20 11:02 PM
01/13/20 11:02 PM
Kansas
R
Rcates Offline
trapper
Rcates  Offline
trapper
R

Kansas
Hedge fund kills Cabela’s, decimates rural economy video explaining how Paul Singer killed Cabela’s and the impact it had.

It finally made bigger national news when Tucker Carlson featured it on his show. For those of you that didn’t know what all went on leading up to the Bass Pro buyout, it’s worth the watch. Was devastating for our friends in western Nebraska. Tucker does a great job.

Re: cabelas closure [Re: EdP] #6728271
01/14/20 12:10 AM
01/14/20 12:10 AM
MT
S
snowy Offline
trapper
snowy  Offline
trapper
S

MT
I stopped buying from them years ago. They were to high priced for me.

Give me a fish, I will eat for a day. Teach me to fish, I will eat for a lifetime
Re: cabelas closure [Re: pcr2] #6728283
01/14/20 12:33 AM
01/14/20 12:33 AM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Originally Posted by pcr2
they could both go belly up and i'd never know.

X2

Report a post club - Non member

Re: cabelas closure [Re: Bruce T] #6728286
01/14/20 12:45 AM
01/14/20 12:45 AM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
Grandpa Trapper Offline
trapper
Grandpa Trapper  Offline
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
Originally Posted by Bruce T
Cabela's opened their biggest retail store about an hour from me in Hamburg, Pa. back in 2003. It's 250,000 square feet and you could spend most of a day there just sight-seeing. There is a huge walk-thru aquarium stocked with some of the biggest native species I've ever seen, very interesting. There is a giant-sized indoor mountain with full-body mounts of most North-American species. A large trout pond stocked with all the native species of trout with a huge, full-body moose mount standing in it and a bridge going across it. The trophy room has dozens and dozens of head mounts of the biggest whitetail ever taken in North-America.

Been there numerous times. Awesome place.

X3. Also been there several times since I once lived only one hour from it. . I thought all Cabela’s stores were like that one until I visited my second Cabela’s store here in Idaho Falls. I sure was disappointed.

Re: cabelas closure [Re: EdP] #6728288
01/14/20 12:48 AM
01/14/20 12:48 AM
upstate NY
M
Mr. Ed Offline
trapper
Mr. Ed  Offline
trapper
M

upstate NY
I know a guy that knows J Morris. From what he told me all BP wanted was the credit card part of Cabelas and that there will never be another cabelas ever opening. Since the takeover I have not really bought anything. I always bought Cabela Flannel shirts on sale at end of season at great pricing and stored them until needed. BP Redhead flannels do not compare. They shrink more. I wear Large tall and the Cabela flannel fit well until the shirt was wore out. The BP large tall after a few washings does not fit plus all my redhead flannels the collar ends turn up. Redhead flannel------JUNK.

Re: cabelas closure [Re: Rcates] #6728329
01/14/20 02:58 AM
01/14/20 02:58 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by Rcates
Hedge fund kills Cabela’s, decimates rural economy video explaining how Paul Singer killed Cabela’s and the impact it had.

It finally made bigger national news when Tucker Carlson featured it on his show. For those of you that didn’t know what all went on leading up to the Bass Pro buyout, it’s worth the watch. Was devastating for our friends in western Nebraska. Tucker does a great job.

Watched it. Eye opening.

Re: cabelas closure [Re: Lugnut] #6728414
01/14/20 07:57 AM
01/14/20 07:57 AM
Ohio
OhioBoy Offline
trapper
OhioBoy  Offline
trapper

Ohio
The Bass Pro version of that is in Springfield MO. Its pretty cool. They've added a petting zoo since I've been there last. We stay in Branson for a few days and do a Bass Pro day. Highly recomend it. One of the best fisheries / fishing places I know about.

Re: cabelas closure [Re: Rcates] #6728421
01/14/20 08:11 AM
01/14/20 08:11 AM
Philippines, s.e. asia,ohio
west river rogue Offline
trapper
west river rogue  Offline
trapper

Philippines, s.e. asia,ohio

watched it,very sad and thanks for the link.

Re: cabelas closure [Re: Rcates] #6728436
01/14/20 08:27 AM
01/14/20 08:27 AM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA

This is what I meant when I said Cabela's screwed up when they went public in 2003. When you take your company public it can mean a huge injection of capital but it also makes it possible for vulture capitalists like Paul Singer to buy in and eventually takeover.

As far as I know, Bass Pro is still a private company?

Eh...wot?

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread