Wilderness Trapping and Living

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Dobbins' Catalog~

ATS
(Please support Ted's Fur Shed, our sponsor for the Wilderness Page)

Alaska Trappers Association

Print Thread
Hop To
Ted's Fur Shed #6729157
01/14/20 08:58 PM
01/14/20 08:58 PM
Tok, Ak.
akntrpr Offline OP
trapper
akntrpr  Offline OP
trapper

Tok, Ak.
Paul approved me posting about my little trapping supply store in Tok. I started buying taxidermy fur and skulls a couple years ago. Last year I became a fur sealing agent for ADF&G it helps with me buying wolf and wolverine on the carcass. This fall I put in an inventory of trapping supplies and we just got our online catalog up and running! I made a video on you tube where you can see the H.O.T. (Hanson's Outdoors & Trapping) Products.that we manufacture and sell and how they work. Just look up "Akntrpr's outdoors" on you tube and its the only video on my channel right now. The only shipping method available to us is USPS so we will use flat rate boxes if possible. Our secure catalog is through SQUARE after you place an order you will receive an email as soon as I put in the postage SQUARE will send you an email to approve shipping just follow the directions when they get approval they charge your card and we send your merchandise so all shipping is approved by you before anything happens on your card. The catalog is at https://tedsfurshed.square.site/ and the address is in my signature on trapperman. It's a work in progress if you have any suggestion's, question's or idea's or want us to stock something email me at tedsfurshed@gmail.com Thanks Ted Hanson akntrpr

Born and raised in paradise
https://tedsfurshed.square.site/
you tube-Akntrpr's outdoors
H.O.T. Products (Hanson's Outdoor and Trapping Products)
Re: Ted's Fur Shed [Re: akntrpr] #6729212
01/14/20 09:38 PM
01/14/20 09:38 PM
Wasilla AK
HFT AK Offline
trapper
HFT AK  Offline
trapper

Wasilla AK
I am excited for you! After our talk the other day about lures it gave me a lot to think about. I'll be doing business with you smile

Re: Ted's Fur Shed [Re: akntrpr] #6729246
01/14/20 10:07 PM
01/14/20 10:07 PM
Tok, Ak.
akntrpr Offline OP
trapper
akntrpr  Offline OP
trapper

Tok, Ak.
Thanks John! I really enjoyed our visit I'll stop by again in a couple weeks when I'm in town. I hope maybe I can help you to connect on some more of those kitty's!

Re: Ted's Fur Shed [Re: akntrpr] #6729376
01/14/20 11:41 PM
01/14/20 11:41 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
W

McGrath, AK
Long time no see Ted !! Good to have you back !

Mean As Nails
Re: Ted's Fur Shed [Re: akntrpr] #6729490
01/15/20 02:37 AM
01/15/20 02:37 AM
Tok, Ak.
akntrpr Offline OP
trapper
akntrpr  Offline OP
trapper

Tok, Ak.
Thanks Ken, Didn't go anywhere just haven't posted much lately. I've learned a ton on here over the years. Definitely improved my trapping applying the tips that people like you, Pete, and a lot of other experienced trappers share on here. I love trapping and I'm enjoying sharing my knowledge here in my little trapping store. I'm hoping to get the younger generation here locally into trapping by providing a place to sell their catches so they can keep trapping, share my fur handling knowledge and facility, and a place to get the trapping supplies they need.. My uncle Dave James provided me a place to sell my fur as a kid and I'm hoping to do the same for the younger generation. Ted

Re: Ted's Fur Shed [Re: akntrpr] #6735967
01/19/20 03:16 PM
01/19/20 03:16 PM
Tok, Ak.
akntrpr Offline OP
trapper
akntrpr  Offline OP
trapper

Tok, Ak.
I added a video on my you tube channel on my take on trap prep that you might find interesting Ted
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duPnlP9md4M

Re: Ted's Fur Shed [Re: akntrpr] #6736299
01/19/20 07:01 PM
01/19/20 07:01 PM
Wasilla AK
HFT AK Offline
trapper
HFT AK  Offline
trapper

Wasilla AK
That is a pretty interesting concept and makes sense! Thanks for sharing!

Re: Ted's Fur Shed [Re: akntrpr] #6736641
01/19/20 10:28 PM
01/19/20 10:28 PM
Fairbanks Alaska
AKHowler Offline
trapper
AKHowler  Offline
trapper

Fairbanks Alaska
Great video, thanks and good luck this season

Alaskan #9 Trap Company
JR Pederson
PO BOX 58226
Fairbanks AK 99711
cell# 907-378-7291
pedersonjr@yahoo.com
Re: Ted's Fur Shed [Re: akntrpr] #6736735
01/19/20 11:31 PM
01/19/20 11:31 PM
Tok, Ak.
akntrpr Offline OP
trapper
akntrpr  Offline OP
trapper

Tok, Ak.
Thanks I am chomping at the bit my season begins tomorrow! It took me until now to get my store, catalog, and inventory in order. I'm way excited to get going I'll be posting updates on my you tube channel and thanks everybody for subscribing. Its been -40 to -50 here since the new year other than a couple days so our fur should be looking good.Hoping to get some good footage our wolf population is way up due to ending the aerial shooting and wolverine seem to be up everywhere. Our rabbits are crashing so not sure how well I'll do on lynx this year there are still some around. I picked up 150 in the last two years so I'm going to target wolves this year. I've been buying them and had to skin enough I finally got to where I sort of have them figured out so I don't hate cleaning them anymore! Quite a few fox around and I have a decent market for them now so my other target this year something I've never targeted before at all. And since coyotes are worth something now I'll go after a few of them. Good Luck everybody!

Re: Ted's Fur Shed [Re: akntrpr] #6736815
01/20/20 04:19 AM
01/20/20 04:19 AM
north pole, AK
A
AKscott Offline
trapper
AKscott  Offline
trapper
A

north pole, AK
Very cool. Glad to have a well supplied trapping supply store not to far away! I’ll get an order in before too long!

"Speak softly and carry a big stick"
tr
Re: Ted's Fur Shed [Re: akntrpr] #6793741
03/06/20 05:07 PM
03/06/20 05:07 PM
Tok, Ak.
akntrpr Offline OP
trapper
akntrpr  Offline OP
trapper

Tok, Ak.
Hey Everyone,

Apparently not everybody on you tube liked my you tube video's on trapping! I was using a hand me down laptop with no security the day after I posted my second video it didn't work anymore so I had to put my channel on hold until I got to town to get a new laptop. I researched on line and got the best one I could for editing it cost more than all the laptops I've ever had but it is pretty nice! I edited my first video on my fishwheel build a few years ago. I decided to build one to last me the rest of my life It's pretty nice as you'll see. It was a lot of work but I love fabricating and it works awesome. It's one of those projects I had designed in my head for years and finally got it done. It's a little different it is 8 spoke instead of 4 like a conventional wheel with no paddles across the middle. Wireless remote raise and lower so its easy to keep right on the bottom and it lifts completely out of the water when not in use or to clear out debris. It has a motor plate so you can put an outboard motor on it to drive it where you want it. Each basket dumps on a different side It holds quite a few fish. It has a solar panel to keep the battery charged and LED lights on a timer so they can't be left on. It has railing all the way around so you can't fall off and the fish boxes are secure and locked so nobody can empty them for you. All the tubing in the floats is filled with spray foam. I keep a schedule for June and July on who's turn it is to use it a lot of people here in town gets fish from it. It's on my you tube channel Akntrpr's Outdoors I'll have some more video's as soon as I finish editing them!

Ted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmRG-bAxC88

Last edited by akntrpr; 03/08/20 01:24 AM.

Re: Ted's Fur Shed [Re: akntrpr] #6794581
03/07/20 01:59 PM
03/07/20 01:59 PM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline
trapper
yukon254  Offline
trapper
Y

Yukon
Do you ship to Canada? You are closer to me in distance than any other supplier. If you dont ship outside the US I could get people traveling through to stop by. You might want to contact Yukon Trappers Association, they could put the word out to local trappers via the newsletter that you have trapping related items for sale.

There used to be a small bus that ran from Whitehorse up through there that took people and parcels, so that might be an option too??

Only thing I would advise is maybe look at upping your prices on tanned fur. Im assuming your market is the tourist and craft trade?? The same as ours maybe? Anyway just a suggestion. I sell my lynx skinned for taxidermy but not tanned for $300 starting price so I think you could get more. I just sold some yesterday actually.

Anyway best of luck to you, and I will certainly buy from you and let other trappers know. I havent seen pheasant wings for sale before! Great idea.

do unto others as you would have them do unto you

www.grizzlycreeklodge.com
Re: Ted's Fur Shed [Re: akntrpr] #6794618
03/07/20 03:00 PM
03/07/20 03:00 PM
Tok, Ak.
akntrpr Offline OP
trapper
akntrpr  Offline OP
trapper

Tok, Ak.
I have no problem shipping there but I'm not sure of the laws I'm sure I would need some kind of export permit or broker to be legal? I'm sure you know more about that than I do with your situation?

If you or a friend are passing through just give me a call in the chance I'm not here my wife usually is she works from home for the bank so one of us is almost always here if you need something. It would be nice to meet you I've followed you on here I was born here in Tok so I know the area pretty well the area I recreate in north of here in the forty mile country is pretty similar to the area you're in I think. A lot of us go to Canadian Welsley fishing in the spring how far away from there is your lodge?

I believe that Ak Bus Lines runs down there from here but not sure.

I sell a lot of green skinned taxidermy fur too these are tanned garmet/wallhanger pelts. Kind of hard to find a good price point in this market.

Thanks I appreciate that look forward to doing business with you.

I put wings in all my cat sets for attractors but a great lure distribution setup and I run out of grouse wings and bought some pheasant wings to use and thought other trappers might need some as well!

Ted

Re: Ted's Fur Shed [Re: akntrpr] #6795102
03/07/20 11:21 PM
03/07/20 11:21 PM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline
trapper
yukon254  Offline
trapper
Y

Yukon
Ted, I doubt you would need a broker but Im not 100% on that. I have ordered trapping related stuff from the lower 48 before with no issues. Just costs me more for shipping but Im OK with that.

Our lodge, and my trapline is in the southeast Yukon so a long ways from Wellesley. I used to guide in that country though so know it well.

A friend is heading up to Kenia to build a cabin for his daughter so I will get him to stop by on his way home.

Dave

do unto others as you would have them do unto you

www.grizzlycreeklodge.com
Re: Ted's Fur Shed [Re: akntrpr] #6796850
03/10/20 12:07 AM
03/10/20 12:07 AM
Alaska, USA
Top Jimmy Offline
"Assistant Speling Zcar"
Top Jimmy  Offline
"Assistant Speling Zcar"

Alaska, USA
I bought a bunch of those Hot latch's when he first was making them. They are very useful for both trapping and for other stuff. I even have a couple on the boat for just in case.

Ted, I will say I didn't see any smaller ones in 1/16. I got a couple samples back then, and they are great for using for attaching 120's for marten. Might want to look at making some of those as well. Glad to see you got it all up and running.

-TJ

Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Re: Ted's Fur Shed [Re: akntrpr] #6798259
03/11/20 11:38 AM
03/11/20 11:38 AM
Tok, Ak.
akntrpr Offline OP
trapper
akntrpr  Offline OP
trapper

Tok, Ak.
Thanks for the comments TJ! I will add those to my inventory I noticed I tend to focus on what I use personally I'll be adding anything I can think of that might be needed overall. If anyone wants something I don't have in stock drop me a note and I'll put it in stock. I need to add a few things I've gotten recently. Ted

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  akntrpr, Ol' Blister, otterman