Trap Collecting

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~

Print Thread
Hop To
NorthWoods #2 1/2 DLS info #6730059
01/15/20 04:28 PM
01/15/20 04:28 PM
uPstate New York
DiggerDirect Offline OP
trapper
DiggerDirect  Offline OP
trapper

uPstate New York
Hello, I have a pair of Northwoods 2 1/2 double longsprings that were in a box of mostly older traps I bought. My question is if they have any collector value or just users? They are stamped on bottom of frame Taiwan & a (serial?) number on each, but are amazingly well made, heavy steel and springs are some of the strongest I've ever seen. I have no use for traps such as these anymore & plan to list them. Any idea of a ball park figure on them? They weigh a little over 2 lbs. each. (2 lb 5 oz.) Thanks for any information!
Al

Re: NorthWoods #2 1/2 DLS info [Re: DiggerDirect] #6730333
01/15/20 07:53 PM
01/15/20 07:53 PM
north Idaho
W
wissmiss Offline
trapper
wissmiss  Offline
trapper
W

north Idaho
Interesting that they are double longs. I thought that Northwoods 2 1/2 were a single spring. # 3 size trap with just one spring. I wonder if the second spring was added on by some one or if the wrong pan was out on at the factory.

Either way, they are basically a user trap, in my opinion. Too new to have much collector value.

www.usedtraps.com

Please check out my updated inventory of Native American books.

Re: NorthWoods #2 1/2 DLS info [Re: DiggerDirect] #6730361
01/15/20 08:12 PM
01/15/20 08:12 PM
uPstate New York
DiggerDirect Offline OP
trapper
DiggerDirect  Offline OP
trapper

uPstate New York
Thanks WissMiss. I don't have any history with these, I bought all this trapping related stuff from the estate of an older guy who was an avid trapper, the heirs didn't know much of anything about them. The jaws look to be made for two springs,(kinda squared off) but perhaps thats how they were made. The jaws are 3" high so a spread of 6" or a little more. (I haven't set one, lol) Thanks again for the reply!
Al

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  snakecollector