Wilderness Trapping and Living

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Dobbins' Catalog~

ATS
(Please support Ted's Fur Shed, our sponsor for the Wilderness Page)

Alaska Trappers Association

Print Thread
Hop To
Top Lot Trappers #6752469
01/31/20 04:47 PM
01/31/20 04:47 PM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline OP
trapper
yukon254  Offline OP
trapper
Y

Yukon
A client just brought me up a couple of Fur Fish Game magazines from 1938. One of the articles was written by a guy named H.R. Cokeley. It was about fur preparation and had some pictures of fur his brother, W.H. cokeley sent in to the national championships on the preparation of raw furs for market. W.H. ended up winning that contest and it showed him with the first place prize.....a brand new 1937 Plymouth sedan!

Kinda cool looking through these old magazines. They have an add in there saying you could pay for your subscription by sending in 3 muskrats hides!

do unto others as you would have them do unto you

www.grizzlycreeklodge.com
Re: Top Lot Trappers [Re: yukon254] #6752516
01/31/20 05:41 PM
01/31/20 05:41 PM
Bethel, AK
Kusko Offline
"Mr. Mayor"
Kusko  Offline
"Mr. Mayor"

Bethel, AK
That's so cool! I could have used a new song for my Top Lot critters!! smile

"There are three things I have learned never to discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin." Linus Van Pelt

www.alaskafinandfur.com
Re: Top Lot Trappers [Re: yukon254] #6752530
01/31/20 05:47 PM
01/31/20 05:47 PM
Colwell Lake, Manitoba
Bravo Bad Back Offline
trapper
Bravo Bad Back  Offline
trapper

Colwell Lake, Manitoba
Is that 3 American muskrats or Canadian muskrats.... I wonder if there was a muskrat exchange rate back then ?

Trapline #53 - Split Lake
Northern Manitoba
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  akntrpr, Ol' Blister, otterman