No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: According to the Bible it wasn't "Regional flood [Re: 330-Trapper] #6764304
02/09/20 02:49 PM
02/09/20 02:49 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
Good stuff Keith!!!
Thanks... never read that before!

You're welcome.

If you go to:

https://www.familysearch.org/en/

and enter your grandparents. You may be able to pull up huge numbers of your ancestors. They have more of my ancestors then I could probably look at if I wanted to accomplish anything else in the rest of my life. The farther back you go, the more repeats of the same people you will see in your pedigree. Some people are likely in your written pedigree hundreds of times and in reality many thousands of time. There may be people that let you connect yourself to Adam and Eve. Most of the English, Irish, Scottish, French, Norwegian, Danish and Swedish kings do and they are very inbred.

The DNA evidence does appear to show that we are all out of one woman and possibly a few men at one point and that there were population crashes where the population went down to small numbers of people. There is definitely some truth in the Bible.

The older information was mostly passed down by word of mouth. There are most likely some errors.

Keith

Re: According to the Bible it wasn't "Regional flood [Re: 330-Trapper] #6764312
02/09/20 02:56 PM
02/09/20 02:56 PM
Pillager, Minnesota
P
patfundine Offline
trapper
patfundine  Offline
trapper
P

Pillager, Minnesota
I'm pretty sure some of you guys could trace your lineage back to the neanderthals

Re: According to the Bible it wasn't "Regional flood [Re: 330-Trapper] #6764319
02/09/20 02:59 PM
02/09/20 02:59 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
If the last of humanity ended up on a boat how did we end up having populations with various amounts of archaic humanoid DNA? How did Europeans end up with Neanderthal DNA and Sub Saharan Africans did not? How do Sub Saharan Africans end up with Archaic DNA that Europeans do not have?

Re: According to the Bible it wasn't "Regional flood [Re: 330-Trapper] #6764321
02/09/20 03:00 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
[quote=330-Trapper]In The beginning. God Created the Heavens and the earth....
Not too hard for God to make that happen.

Why in Wyoming, Montana, yes Denver ...Can you easily find Sea creature fossils Today?[/quote

Here's my un- educated guess as to why fossils are found in the mountains you ask about...

Many years ago, longer ago than the Bible claims and before they were mountains, they were below sea level. They are our "newest" mountains on this continent.

Re: According to the Bible it wasn't "Regional flood [Re: Donnersurvivor] #6764322
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor
If the last of humanity ended up on a boat how did we end up having populations with various amounts of archaic humanoid DNA? How did Europeans end up with Neanderthal DNA and Sub Saharan Africans did not? How do Sub Saharan Africans end up with Archaic DNA that Europeans do not have?

Because the science of DNA is the work of the devil.

Re: According to the Bible it wasn't "Regional flood [Re: patfundine] #6764323
02/09/20 03:02 PM
02/09/20 03:02 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline OP

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline OP

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by patfundine
I'm pretty sure some of you guys could trace your lineage back to the neanderthals

Thats another thread Pat : grin

Amazing Keith

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: According to the Bible it wasn't "Regional flood [Re: danny clifton] #6764331
02/09/20 03:05 PM
02/09/20 03:05 PM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana
Originally Posted by danny clifton
where is the evidence that happened? where did all the water go? if all the water in our atmosphere condensed into rain and somehow evaporation was halted both ice caps melted completely, how high would the oceans get? im pretty sure denver for example would be dry.

https://youtu.be/82j1IqwA6P0

Re: According to the Bible it wasn't "Regional flood [Re: 330-Trapper] #6764337
02/09/20 03:10 PM
02/09/20 03:10 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.

I think the Hebrews likely borrowed most of their oldest history. I think there was a large flood, that killed lots of people, but definitely not all. Babylonian, Sumerian, Egyptians, Yazidis and more all have the same story.

The Neanderthal genes were picked up by Asians and Europeans after our common ancestors left Africa, by interbreeding with Neanderthals.

Sub Saharan Africans interbred with non homosapien, homo species after the ancestors of Asians and Europeans left Africa.

The concept of world was different in the past. The Scadanavian people believed in 9 worlds. I have people in my pedigree, from most of the 9 worlds including Elfheim, Jotunheim and Valhalla. I am positive they were not elves, giants and gods, though it is pretty cool to be traceably descended from Odin. I think worlds referred to isolated kingdoms rather than another planet, especially when you read the descriptions in the Sagas.

Keith

Re: According to the Bible it wasn't "Regional flood [Re: Blaine County] #6764340
02/09/20 03:13 PM
02/09/20 03:13 PM
Wyoming
C
cmcf Offline
trapper
cmcf  Offline
trapper
C

Wyoming
Originally Posted by Blaine County

Because the science of DNA is the work of the devil.

WoW!
Heresy ! The sun revolves around the earth! Only devil worshipers would say the sun is at the center.
Just wow.
I say a prayer for you that you don’t need genome mapping (DNA) to fight cancer or some other genetic disease
Hopefully you were being sarcastic BC

“The world is governed by very different personages from what is imagined” B. Disraeli

Re: According to the Bible it wasn't "Regional flood [Re: KeithC] #6764341
02/09/20 03:14 PM
02/09/20 03:14 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
Originally Posted by KeithC

I think the Hebrews likely borrowed most of their oldest history. I think there was a large flood, that killed lots of people, but definitely not all. Babylonian, Sumerian, Egyptians, Yazidis and more all have the same story.

The Neanderthal genes were picked up by Asians and Europeans after our common ancestors left Africa, by interbreeding with Neanderthals.

Sub Saharan Africans interbred with non homosapien, homo species after the ancestors of Asians and Europeans left Africa.

Keith

You can see how that does not jive with the Noah's ark story.

Re: According to the Bible it wasn't "Regional flood [Re: 330-Trapper] #6764346
02/09/20 03:19 PM
02/09/20 03:19 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Parts do jive up.

Remember it was much harder to travel back then. People had no concept of how big the earth truly is.

The arc had no means of propulsion. It went where the water pushed it. It is possible that they floated for 40 days and 40 nights with no sight of land. It is impossible that they fit two of every animal or more on it.

Keith

Re: According to the Bible it wasn't "Regional flood [Re: 330-Trapper] #6764348
02/09/20 03:20 PM
02/09/20 03:20 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
The DNA evidence does appear to show that we are all out of one woman and possibly a few men at one point and that there were population crashes where the population went down to small numbers of people. There is definitely some truth in the Bible.

The "mitochondrial Eve," to which this claim refers, is the most recentcommon female ancestor, not the original female ancestor. There wouldhave been other humans living earlier and at the same time. The mtDNAlineages of other women contemporary with her eventually died out.Mitochondrial Eve was merely the youngest common ancestor of alltoday's mtDNA. She may not even have been human.

2. The same principles find that the most recent human male commonancestor ("Y-chromosome Adam") lived an estimated 84,000 years afterthe "mitochondrial Eve" and also came from Africa (Hawkes 2000;Underhill et al. 2000; Yuehai et al. 2001).

3. The results assume negligible paternal inheritance of mitochondrialDNA, but that assumption has been called into question. Male mtDNAresides in the tail of the sperm; the tail usually does not enter theegg that the sperm fertilizes, but rarely a little bit does. It isalso possible that there is some recombination of mtDNA betweenlineages, which would also affect the results (Awadalla et al. 1999;Eyre-Walker et al. 1999). But these challenges have themselves beenquestioned (Kivisild et al. 2000).

Links:
Kunchithapadam, Krishna, 1995, 2000. What, if anything, is aMitochondrial Eve? http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/homs/mitoeve.html

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: According to the Bible it wasn't "Regional flood [Re: 330-Trapper] #6764352
02/09/20 03:21 PM
02/09/20 03:21 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Bottom line is, you either believe the Bible as to how old the earth is or you believe science. They are too far apart to believe both.

Re: According to the Bible it wasn't "Regional flood [Re: KeithC] #6764354
02/09/20 03:23 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
Parts do jive up.

Remember it was much harder to travel back then. People had no concept of how big the earth truly is.

Keith

I believe in a catastrophic flood, I even believe it wiped out much of humanity living along the coast and most of the evidence probably is under water since the water levels are now much higher.

Likely cause of the flood was a asteroid slamming the North American ice sheet around 10,000 years ago.

Re: According to the Bible it wasn't "Regional flood [Re: 330-Trapper] #6764355
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline OP

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline OP

trapper

Minnesota
In the Beginning...

With God all things are possible

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: According to the Bible it wasn't "Regional flood [Re: Donnersurvivor] #6764357
02/09/20 03:24 PM
02/09/20 03:24 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Parts do jive up.

Keith

I believe in a catastrophic flood, I even believe it wiped out much of humanity living along the coast and most of the evidence probably is under water since the water levels are now much higher.

Likely cause of the flood was a asteroid slamming the North American ice sheet around 10,000 years ago.

Our beliefs are similar on most of this subject matter.

Keith

Re: According to the Bible it wasn't "Regional flood [Re: KeithC] #6764364
02/09/20 03:33 PM
02/09/20 03:33 PM
Central MN
MNCedar Offline
trapper
MNCedar  Offline
trapper

Central MN

The concept of world was different in the past. The Scadanavian people believed in 9 worlds. I have people in my pedigree, from most of the 9 worlds including Elfheim, Jotunheim and Valhalla. I am positive they were not elves, giants and gods, though it is pretty cool to be traceably descended from Odin. I think worlds referred to isolated kingdoms rather than another planet, especially when you read the descriptions in the Sagas.

Keith

So Keith...now not only are you descended from "the pilgrims", but also from Noah and Odin? By chance, do you prefer Dos Equis as well?

What are the chances that this website tends to splash some colorful historical references in to keep up traffic on the site? It would be interesting to see what someone else's history would contain.

"Sub Saharan Africans interbred with non homosapien, homo species after the ancestors of Asians and Europeans left Africa." -KeithC

Is this your way of publicly stating on the internet that you believe Africans interbred with primates? Asking for a friend...

Re: According to the Bible it wasn't "Regional flood [Re: 330-Trapper] #6764369
02/09/20 03:34 PM
02/09/20 03:34 PM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana
Originally Posted by Blaine County
So does the Noah crowd also think the earth is 6000 or so years old?

Yes

I do

https://youtu.be/aIYZjclfg9Q
https://youtu.be/3AomTKRLB_4

Re: According to the Bible it wasn't "Regional flood [Re: 330-Trapper] #6764370
02/09/20 03:35 PM
02/09/20 03:35 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
In the Beginning...

With God all things are possible

No matter what evidence is presented you will believe in the bible stories and that is okay. I personally think there is more to be gained from the bible by not taking it literally, I believe the stories are parables or metaphors and offer much more substance if taken as such.

Re: According to the Bible it wasn't "Regional flood [Re: 330-Trapper] #6764372
02/09/20 03:36 PM
02/09/20 03:36 PM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana
Here a thought for the climate change folks. Not to hyjack your thread!

No matter what we do as man in regards to pollution:. Mankind has at the very least 1007 years left on this Earth!

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread