ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Update #6766406
02/11/20 02:06 PM
02/11/20 02:06 PM
Texas
G
Gophertrapper.co Offline OP
trapper
Gophertrapper.co  Offline OP
trapper
G

Texas
Ran the traps this morning.........no moles. Humbled by them. Gopher was better. Had three gopher sets for three gophers but would have been four because I had a double on one two trap gophinator set; however, one set was with the first set of Sweeney’s that were a bit rusty already for lack of care on my part: half lazy and half wanting to know if they still performed in that state. Anyway, just skin and hair left between the sprung prongs. Hadn’t rigged with stainless before I had to try the traps and almost lost two. Both animals had chewed through the 5/16 poly line I was using and were packed into the same side of the tunnel. Headed to the tackle shop for stainless cable and crimps. No more sets with poly line.

Question: Am I using the wrong mole trap or do I just have absolutely no idea of how to trap a mole? Thanks

Last edited by Gophertrapper.co; 02/11/20 02:08 PM.
Re: Update [Re: Gophertrapper.co] #6766674
02/11/20 05:58 PM
02/11/20 05:58 PM
Schenectady, NY
E
EatenByLimestone Offline
trapper
EatenByLimestone  Offline
trapper
E

Schenectady, NY
Are the trapline traps set off or were they untouched? What kind of soil?

Re: Update [Re: Gophertrapper.co] #6766686
02/11/20 06:05 PM
02/11/20 06:05 PM
West Central MN
20scout Offline
trapper
20scout  Offline
trapper

West Central MN
I lost a Gophenator trap due to using poly line. No idea how it took off down the hole with it but it was gone with just a short piece of string attached to my stake. Chalk it up to education expense I guess. Had much better luck with the DK's plus they are cheaper. Wish I could be more help on the moles.

Common sense is a not a vegetable that does well in everyone's garden.
Re: Update [Re: Gophertrapper.co] #6766701
02/11/20 06:22 PM
02/11/20 06:22 PM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
Might be able to find it with a metal detector and follow the runs.

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Re: Update [Re: Gophertrapper.co] #6766781
02/11/20 07:57 PM
02/11/20 07:57 PM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
Like with any trapping it take time to learn the little in & outs. It is like buying a house, location-location. You have to find the most active run's. You may see a long run that looks old, but see maybe a one inch crack that is moist and darker than the other soil. Put a trap there. Look for the longest straight runs, runs by side walks or by foundations along drive way or in flower beds. The holds should be clean and smooth are the best ones. I look for runs coming into the yards or in shady area when it is hot. I hope this helps. I have 5 different trap I use.

Last edited by Getting There; 02/11/20 07:59 PM.

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: Update [Re: Gophertrapper.co] #6766809
02/11/20 08:23 PM
02/11/20 08:23 PM
Texas
G
Gophertrapper.co Offline OP
trapper
Gophertrapper.co  Offline OP
trapper
G

Texas
Thanks gentlemen. EBL, only one trap was tripped but that was in the best looking tunnel to me. I couldn’t tell if he plugged in font of the trap. Actually, didn’t really take the time to properly inspect but will make a note to do that. The soil is fairly sandy and moist with a layer of sod applied after Harvey. Thanks Scout, and yes, I definitely feel they have a place in my arsenal. Thanks GT, will get on that tomorrow morning.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread