Strictly Trapping

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Trapping Only Forum)

TrappersPost
Please support Trappers post, a sponsor of the Strictly Trapping Forum

Print Thread
Hop To
Trap placement #6777909
02/21/20 03:22 AM
02/21/20 03:22 AM
Pottsboro TX Grayson county
J
Jiggamitch Offline OP
trapper
Jiggamitch  Offline OP
trapper
J

Pottsboro TX Grayson county
I'm tapping beaver that have built a dam in a small creek and are flooding out a bridge. I worked my way up the creek and found another dam. I kept going and found a larger dam and small lodge. Little more than a quarter mile stretch. Should I be concentrating traps above the largest dam, or spread them out and run the line all the way down?

Re: Trap placement [Re: Jiggamitch] #6777913
02/21/20 03:41 AM
02/21/20 03:41 AM
North, MS
T
TrapperCarl78 Offline
trapper
TrapperCarl78  Offline
trapper
T

North, MS
If you have the equipment I would set it all up. Especially if your seeing good sign of activity throughout that quarter mile i.e. feed piles, crawl outs, mounds, and dam crossovers. Dam Crossovers and established runs are absolutely deadly as you probably know. I would refrain from setting the lodge or close proximity of it until you have knocked out the older members of the colony. I wouldn't go smearing castor everywhere either for first few nights.

Just my two cents and the way I approach them. I am sure plenty of hardcore beaver folks will chime in.

TC
Re: Trap placement [Re: Jiggamitch] #6777968
02/21/20 08:22 AM
02/21/20 08:22 AM
central arkansas
T
the Blak Spot Offline
trapper
the Blak Spot  Offline
trapper
T

central arkansas