No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Greyhound Bus defying US Border Patrol [Re: Leftlane] #6780341
02/23/20 10:43 AM
02/23/20 10:43 AM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
I guess if you read and believe the article on the site California? is this for Real? You will see why! Look it up.

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: Greyhound Bus defying US Border Patrol [Re: Leftlane] #6780363
02/23/20 10:53 AM
02/23/20 10:53 AM
Northern Maine
Bruce T Offline
trapper
Bruce T  Offline
trapper

Northern Maine
I'm with the allow them aboard and get their arses out of the country crowd.

Nevada bound
Re: Greyhound Bus defying US Border Patrol [Re: corky] #6780378
02/23/20 11:07 AM
02/23/20 11:07 AM
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI
Originally Posted by corky
Originally Posted by Foxpaw
The day may be coming when state lines may be like borders. Sanctuary cities, sanctuary states equals state line borders. Real id may be for more than just planes.

I first thought this was a bad idea but if it keeps the FIBs out of WI I may have to rethink it. wink laugh

LOL. I agree. Bahahaha.

No Jab.
Re: Greyhound Bus defying US Border Patrol [Re: Law Dog] #6780390
02/23/20 11:17 AM
02/23/20 11:17 AM
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI
Originally Posted by Law Dog
So if a bus load of illegals ended up at your kids daycare or school that have not been TB testing or checked for other kinds of disease that would be OK?

For one a check should not be done 100 miles over the border. It's way to late. The law and constitution needs to be followed and upheld. Any law enforcement that doesn't follow the constitution needs to be replaced, even the ones that break their oath when they "fish" during a simple routine traffic stop. We all have rules, not just citizens and bus companies. America was supposed to be great because these fundamental rules. Land of the free. Break the rules, and your not free goes for everyone. Illegal search is illegal search. Laws and constitution trump opinions and feelings, unless one is a liberal. As law enforcement, you know this.

No Jab.
Re: Greyhound Bus defying US Border Patrol [Re: Leftlane] #6780392
02/23/20 11:19 AM
02/23/20 11:19 AM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
The far reaching effects of the war on bad decisions and redistribution of wealth through payroll deduction.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Greyhound Bus defying US Border Patrol [Re: Diggerman] #6780397
02/23/20 11:23 AM
02/23/20 11:23 AM
PA
G
gryhkl Offline
trapper
gryhkl  Offline
trapper
G

PA
Originally Posted by Diggerman
There are two ways on that bus, buy a ticket, get a warrant. One of the reasons people want to come here is our personal freedoms and being free from "stop and frisk" and illegal searches.

Gotta agree with this post. Unless they have a warrant, go fight known criminal and know crimes. Don't do the , "Lets check to see if somebody MIGHT be breaking a law."

Re: Greyhound Bus defying US Border Patrol [Re: Leftlane] #6780399
02/23/20 11:24 AM
02/23/20 11:24 AM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

If there is probable cause of illegal activity, are searches without warrant allowed?
Example, if information is obtained that a Mexican cartel leader is riding on a Greyhound bus 400 miles within the boarders of the U.S., does law enforcement have to obtain a warrant to search said bus?

Re: Greyhound Bus defying US Border Patrol [Re: ] #6780403
02/23/20 11:28 AM
02/23/20 11:28 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Online content
trapper
Law Dog  Online Content
trapper

Central, SD
Originally Posted by J Staton
If there is probable cause of illegal activity, are searches without warrant allowed?
Example, if information is obtained that a Mexican cartel leader is riding on a Greyhound bus 400 miles within the boarders of the U.S., does law enforcement have to obtain a warrant to search said bus?

Not if you have probable cause, unless your 101 miles from the border then it’s just OK then. LOL

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Greyhound Bus defying US Border Patrol [Re: ] #6780404
02/23/20 11:29 AM
02/23/20 11:29 AM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted by J Staton

That's a good question.

Also, in this day and age of instant digital information I can't believe it would be that hard to produce a warrant... Of course that means judges would be required to work more than banker's hours.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Greyhound Bus defying US Border Patrol [Re: Leftlane] #6780407
02/23/20 11:30 AM
02/23/20 11:30 AM
east central WI
D
Dirty D Offline
trapper
Dirty D  Offline
trapper
D

east central WI
If I was border patrol I'd just send agents to the Greyhound terminal and not bother the buses on the road.

Re: Greyhound Bus defying US Border Patrol [Re: Leftlane] #6780414
02/23/20 11:35 AM
02/23/20 11:35 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Online content
trapper
Law Dog  Online Content
trapper

Central, SD
Unless it’s a Set pattern to use a bus from one point to another point I doubt they will random check buses just to do so without a reason.

Jerry Herbst
Re: Greyhound Bus defying US Border Patrol [Re: Leftlane] #6780417
02/23/20 11:42 AM
02/23/20 11:42 AM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline OP
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline OP
"HOSS"

The Hill Country of Texas

With all due respect for ppl who live hundreds and hundreds of miles from the southern US border keep in mind yall have no idea how violent and brazen these cartels can be when they know they can cross within an hour or 2. I myself have zero issues with ppl who want to work hard and follow our laws, but I want us to A) know who is coming and screen out pedophiles, human traffickers, and violent felons. I also beleive we should B) get them health screened and inoculated so we dont end up with an epidemic.

Maybe you believe in the war on drugs maybe you dont but either way if you lock your doors or have a gate at the end of your driveway you make my point for me. I have to stop at check points 100 miles from the border and Greyhound can too. If you have citizenship and an ID to prove it you will have zero issues with our border patrol. These men and women risk their lives to keep our wives and children safe while we are at work or out on the trap line.

Trust me, the thin blue line would crumble if it wasnt for the thin green line.

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: Greyhound Bus defying US Border Patrol [Re: Leftlane] #6780426
02/23/20 11:49 AM
02/23/20 11:49 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I will believe check points inside the U.S. are really there for drug interdiction and stopping illegal immigration when I hear a wealthy U.S. citizen is being prosecuted for running a drug cartel, when the U.S. starts spraying round up on cocaine and poppy fields, when the CEO of Tyson goes to prison for knowingly hiring illegals. Till that starts happening I will continue to believe its about free people being convinced giving up their freedom is in their best interest.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Greyhound Bus defying US Border Patrol [Re: Leftlane] #6780427
02/23/20 11:51 AM
02/23/20 11:51 AM
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI
Originally Posted by Leftlane

With all due respect for ppl who live hundreds and hundreds of miles from the southern US border keep in mind yall have no idea how violent and brazen these cartels can be when they know they can cross within an hour or 2. I myself have zero issues with ppl who want to work hard and follow our laws, but I want us to A) know who is coming and screen out pedophiles, human traffickers, and violent felons. I also beleive we should B) get them health screened and inoculated so we dont end up with an epidemic.

Maybe you believe in the war on drugs maybe you dont but either way if you lock your doors or have a gate at the end of your driveway you make my point for me. I have to stop at check points 100 miles from the border and Greyhound can too. If you have citizenship and an ID to prove it you will have zero issues with our border patrol. These men and women risk their lives to keep our wives and children safe while we are at work or out on the trap line.

Trust me, the thin blue line would crumble if it wasnt for the thin green line.

We don't need to show our papers. This isn't Nazi Germany. We also shouldn't be hassled on our own soil as we have a right to travel unmolested. You may have no problems giving up your rights and freedoms but many do. These issues should be taken care of at the border, not 100 miles over it. If I never leave the country, why do I need to stop for a border patrol 100 miles away to prove who I am? Build the wall. Trump 2020.

No Jab.
Re: Greyhound Bus defying US Border Patrol [Re: Leftlane] #6780446
02/23/20 12:19 PM
02/23/20 12:19 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Online content
trapper
Law Dog  Online Content
trapper

Central, SD
Immigration is a nation wide issue not just a border issue, I doubt you WI guys have ever dealt with the border patrol ever.

Jerry Herbst
Re: Greyhound Bus defying US Border Patrol [Re: Leftlane] #6780448
02/23/20 12:21 PM
02/23/20 12:21 PM
Central MN
MNCedar Offline
trapper
MNCedar  Offline
trapper

Central MN
I guess reading for comprehension really is a lost art. But then again, should it be an art? Or is reading something and accurately understanding and repeating it just expected adult behavior? I guess I missed the story where buses are just flying across the border unchecked. I do feel when Leftlane added that these checkpoints stop ALL vehicles it gave context to the post.

My thought is still that laws and rights seem to adjust incrementally both ways. These checkpoints are of similar ilk to the stop and frisk brown people laws. I will stress that all the white, flag waving citizens who support these laws must realize that someday these warrantless searches will be the precedent referenced when advocating further loss of freedom. In other words, these bus searches could be used as supporting evidence for the need to allow warrantless residence checks, etc.

Drug cartel leaders riding buses? Really? Maybe he can be apprehended at the bus stop instead of creating a crisis situation on the road. Just a thought.

Re: Greyhound Bus defying US Border Patrol [Re: Law Dog] #6780450
02/23/20 12:24 PM
02/23/20 12:24 PM
Central MN
MNCedar Offline
trapper
MNCedar  Offline
trapper

Central MN
Originally Posted by Law Dog
So if a bus load of illegals ended up at your kids daycare or school that have not been TB testing or checked for other kinds of disease that would be OK?

I mean this with all due respect. I really enjoy your trapping posts, especially those pepe pictures.

But this comment is nothing short of fear-mongering, racist propaganda. It is no different than the words of a former regime who threatened that Jews would corrupt innocent children. This is garbage.

In what world will a bus load of diseased illegals end up at a daycare center?

Unreal.

Re: Greyhound Bus defying US Border Patrol [Re: Leftlane] #6780452
02/23/20 12:30 PM
02/23/20 12:30 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
This thing is starting to sound like a store hold up that goes bad and the shooting starts. The police are firing back and an innocent customer gets shot. Then its all the cops fault. No its the outlaws fault.

We are losing rights but its the illegal drug smugglers, and human traffickers fault.

I don't know what it is now, but used to at the Laredo crossing the Mexicans could drive their truck across as long as they was within 60 mi. of the border. With no license, no insurance, and they drove like idiots. They used a lot of orange used Schneider trucks and was giving orange trucks a bad name so much Schneider was repainting their trucks before getting rid of them.

Don't a buffer zone make sense at any border.

And yes I don't like having to pay for ID and/or prove I'm a US citizen, but the sanctuary idiots have caused it not the law abiding citizens.

Re: Greyhound Bus defying US Border Patrol [Re: Leftlane] #6780453
02/23/20 12:31 PM
02/23/20 12:31 PM
Iowa
~ADC~ Offline
The Count
~ADC~  Offline
The Count

Iowa
Duh, all the Boarder Patrol has to do is "smell" marijuana or get their dog to "indicate" drugs and they can search it just like they do on cops, right?

Re: Greyhound Bus defying US Border Patrol [Re: Leftlane] #6780458
02/23/20 12:34 PM
02/23/20 12:34 PM
Central MN
MNCedar Offline
trapper
MNCedar  Offline
trapper

Central MN
If your skin was brown, would you be cool with being stopped and checked without a warrant because of it?

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread