No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Gamo air rifles [Re: jbyrd63] #6803470
03/15/20 08:09 PM
03/15/20 08:09 PM
ND
M
MJM Offline
trapper
MJM  Offline
trapper
M

ND
I have a Gamo that is .22 springer. I got it from Midway. It seems like maybe it was called a Predator. It came with a scope and I ordered a bunch of pellets when I got it. I took it out and the trigger was so bad there was no way it could shoot well. I went on you tube and found how to add a RC axle bearing to the trigger and that was what it needed. You don't put your finger on the trigger until you are ready to shoot and when you think about squeezing the trigger it goes off. The bearing was $8 shipped. I have never shot paper with it much, but have shot 100's of pigeons with it. For what it cost, I am happy with it. I have had it two or three years now.

"Not Really, Not Really"
Mark J Monti
"MJM you're a jerk."
Re: Gamo air rifles [Re: jbyrd63] #6803532
03/15/20 08:53 PM
03/15/20 08:53 PM

B
bleeohio
Unregistered
bleeohio
Unregistered
B

Beeman are a good springer, made by weirauch and marketed under the Beeman name. Like rws, made by Diana. The quality of the rifling in the German made guns are far better.
Another thing that affects accuracy in springers is it needs lube in the piston ,spring area. To little, it won't last long, to much and the firing cycle will be smooth but cold and warm temps will affect the shot strings as the grease gets stiffer or less. Some guns are pellet picky and you have to try different sizes till you find one that does well.
Believe me when I say, its a never ending rabbit hole once you get hooked,,,,so I've heard....

Re: Gamo air rifles [Re: jbyrd63] #6803708
03/15/20 10:41 PM
03/15/20 10:41 PM
wantage n.j.
E
eric space Offline
trapper
eric space  Offline
trapper
E

wantage n.j.
I have one that will not hit the side of a barn from within it. I use it only to kill coons in cage traps now, for that it works well.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread