Fur Handling Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Dobbins' Catalog~

>
Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Fur Handling Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Rittel's pro plus oil and home tanning question #6802790
03/15/20 10:03 AM
03/15/20 10:03 AM
MI
T
trappingmichigan Offline OP
trapper
trappingmichigan  Offline OP
trapper
T

MI
Question about the pro plus oil. Does it work as a tanning agent? I'm tanning fur for the first time and I bought the ez-tan 100 kit and couldn't get the PH of the tanning solution down to what was suggested. The instructions said PH should be 4 to 5 and mine hovered at about 7 and I'm concerned about the tanning agent not working. Should I re-do another tanning batch or apply the oil (if it also works as a tanning agent) and hope for the best. I don't care about the softness as the furs will all be wall hangers. The label on the oil says its a tanning agent but is not "officially" the tanning agent for the kit. Any suggestions or advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Rittel's pro plus oil and home tanning question [Re: trappingmichigan] #6812226
03/22/20 12:45 AM
03/22/20 12:45 AM
WI - Wisconsin
A
AJE Offline
trapper
AJE  Offline
trapper
A

WI - Wisconsin
I have the full instructions from Rittels for the ez 100 kit. If you need a copy, let me know.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread