No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
PA People! Need you to start writing! #6811463
03/21/20 02:32 PM
03/21/20 02:32 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
This Clown, Tom Murt is trying to pass legislation to require a permit to buy ammo in PA. Here is the article. After that is the E-mail I sent him. Every 2nd advocate in PA on this site should send and email and tell your friends to do the same. This guy needs voted out PRONTO!

PA Republican Pushes Permit Requirement for Ammo Purchases

His legislation — HB 2344 — has been referred to the PA’s House Judiciary Committee and is filed with the memo, “Addressing Gun Violence and Enhancing Public Health and Safety.”
Page 21 of the 25-page bill sets forth details of Murt’s proposed “Ammunition Purchase Authorization Permits,” saying, “A person holding an ammunition purchase authorization permit issued under this section may purchase or otherwise seek the transfer of ownership of ammunition from a retailer that sells ammunition.”
The proposed permits would be valid for four years and carry a fee “not to exceed $50.”
In addition to mandating state residents acquire a permit to buy bullets, Murt’s legislation sets for a surcharge for gun and ammo sales: “There is hereby imposed on each sale of a firearm or ammunition subject to tax under Article II of the act of March 4, 1971 (P.L.6, No.2), known as the Tax Reform Code of 1971, an additional surcharge of $3. This shall be referred to as the Firearm and Ammunition Sale Surcharge.”

Source: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...permit-requirement-ammunition-purchases/

My E-mail to him: I didn't use his title when addressing him, he doesn't deserve it and yes I did sign my real name. ::::

Mr. Murt.
I would like you to please explain to me and the other people in this state how your proposed bill HB 2344 pertains to the 2nd amendment and the freedom of this right. In an age where Democrats are waging a relentless war on our God given rights, the last thing we need is a turncoat RINO in office. You should be ashamed of yourself. As a conservative Republican myself, I am ashamed that you are part of the Grand Old Party. Why don't you stick to your little area of Philly and fix that mess instead of trying to pass leftist ideology legislation that will effect all of the good people of this state. Hopefully, you will be voted out next term and we can get a real Republican in office that knows the meaning of the 2nd amendment. For that matter, I would rather see a Democrat in your office rather than you. At least with a Democrat we know they are American hating subversives. They don't try to hide it like you do. Hopefully I will find myself in a position to help anyone running against you in the future including but not limited to donations.
Very sincerely, XXXXXXXXX

If anyone would like to send an e-mail his site is:

http://www.repmurt.com/contact

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: PA People! Need you to start writing! [Re: Finster] #6811477
03/21/20 02:44 PM
03/21/20 02:44 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
While trying to figure out who was going to run in the primary against him, it says on wiki that we is retiring after 2020. GOOD! What a scumbag, trying to push this through at the end. At least he will be gone. Still send letters, we don't need this passed and with our gun hating governor, the rat will sign it if it hits his desk.

Re: PA People! Need you to start writing! [Re: Finster] #6811562
03/21/20 04:28 PM
03/21/20 04:28 PM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
People in PA. this is your issue. People in other State can not help you. GET TO IT. Not later now!

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: PA People! Need you to start writing! [Re: Finster] #6811596
03/21/20 04:55 PM
03/21/20 04:55 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Done.

Idiots.

Re: PA People! Need you to start writing! [Re: Finster] #6811611
03/21/20 05:07 PM
03/21/20 05:07 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
I also emailed my local representative and told him the people of this state will be watching and following closely. I told him we don't want it getting past the house. It would be a good idea for all PA people here to email your District rep for the house. You can look up who it is here:

https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/home/findyourlegislator/

Just scroll down, click on your county and yours will be listed. Click on their name and you will see an e-mail tab under their name you can click on that and send them and e-mail. Take 10 minutes to help defend your 2nd amendment rights.

Last edited by Finster; 03/21/20 05:25 PM.

Re: PA People! Need you to start writing! [Re: Finster] #6811730
03/21/20 06:49 PM
03/21/20 06:49 PM
Central MN
MNCedar Offline
trapper
MNCedar  Offline
trapper

Central MN
Originally Posted by Finster

My E-mail to him: I didn't use his title when addressing him, he doesn't deserve it and yes I did sign my real name. ::::

Mr. Murt.
I would like you to please explain to me and the other people in this state how your proposed bill HB 2344 pertains to the 2nd amendment and the freedom of this right. In an age where Democrats are waging a relentless war on our God given rights, the last thing we need is a turncoat RINO in office. You should be ashamed of yourself. As a conservative Republican myself, I am ashamed that you are part of the Grand Old Party. Why don't you stick to your little area of Philly and fix that mess instead of trying to pass leftist ideology legislation that will effect all of the good people of this state. Hopefully, you will be voted out next term and we can get a real Republican in office that knows the meaning of the 2nd amendment. For that matter, I would rather see a Democrat in your office rather than you. At least with a Democrat we know they are American hating subversives. They don't try to hide it like you do. Hopefully I will find myself in a position to help anyone running against you in the future including but not limited to donations.

Please don't shoot the messenger....

My thoughts are that this will likely be instantly deleted and not taken seriously. By the second sentence, the tone is unprofessional. It reads as angry and deranged, which will not bode well in a Second Amendment argument. I think it would be better to present as collected and concerned instead of insulting.

Just my suggestion. Good luck.

Last edited by MNCedar; 03/21/20 06:50 PM.
Re: PA People! Need you to start writing! [Re: MNCedar] #6811743
03/21/20 06:57 PM
03/21/20 06:57 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by MNCedar
Originally Posted by Finster

Mr. Murt.

Please don't shoot the messenger....

My thoughts are that this will likely be instantly deleted and not taken seriously. By the second sentence, the tone is unprofessional. It reads as angry and deranged, which will not bode well in a Second Amendment argument. I think it would be better to present as collected and concerned instead of insulting.

Just my suggestion. Good luck.

You probably are correct and I realized that when I was writing it.. It makes no difference since he was not going to pay attention anyway. I'm not in his district so he would just finger wave me off anyway. As far as sounding angry and deranged, I wouldn't say that so much. I was never physically threatening. I was more threatening over his job which is the avenue I think should be taken with scumbag politicians. You are also correct, I was insulting. The man does not deserve any respect and should be taken out of office. I was being kind and didn't say what I really though of him. You have all valid points though and I realized all of them as I was typing.

Re: PA People! Need you to start writing! [Re: Finster] #6811831
03/21/20 07:47 PM
03/21/20 07:47 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
ttt

Re: PA People! Need you to start writing! [Re: Finster] #6811953
03/21/20 09:19 PM
03/21/20 09:19 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
TTT

Re: PA People! Need you to start writing! [Re: Finster] #6811968
03/21/20 09:33 PM
03/21/20 09:33 PM
PA
C
cablejohn Offline
trapper
cablejohn  Offline
trapper
C

PA
Done!

Re: PA People! Need you to start writing! [Re: Finster] #6812068
03/21/20 10:47 PM
03/21/20 10:47 PM
PA
C
cmj Offline
trapper
cmj  Offline
trapper
C

PA
Sent one to my rep and one to the idiot.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread