No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821880
03/29/20 03:01 PM
03/29/20 03:01 PM
Ohio
S
stinkypete Offline
trapper
stinkypete  Offline
trapper
S

Ohio
I have always wondered what the heck have guns and ammo has to do with no food and medical supplies. What you going to do kill your neighbor so you can life another week, month etc... Honestly. I would rather die then live like an animal. That is how animals live.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821887
03/29/20 03:04 PM
03/29/20 03:04 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Whats insane about posting the truth? Those are not numbers I made up they are the numbers put forth by governments and made available by the media. Are you saying the numbers are wrong LL? That we are being lied to and many more are dying than what is being reported?

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821889
03/29/20 03:05 PM
03/29/20 03:05 PM
Lakeland,Minnesota
B
Bogmaster Offline
trapper
Bogmaster  Offline
trapper
B

Lakeland,Minnesota
LOL--one thought here to consider--liquor stores are open for business. IMAGINE THAT.
Tom

If my feet aren't wet,I must not be trapping.
Tom Olson
MTA life member#100,also WTA life member
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: stinkypete] #6821891
03/29/20 03:06 PM
03/29/20 03:06 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by stinkypete
I have always wondered what the heck have guns and ammo has to do with no food and medical supplies. What you going to do kill your neighbor so you can life another week, month etc... Honestly. I would rather die then live like an animal. That is how animals live.

I agree with you to a degree but protecting ones family is a man's main objective. Not everyone out there plays by the same rules we do.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: LLtrapper] #6821894
03/29/20 03:07 PM
03/29/20 03:07 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted by LLtrapper
Originally Posted by danny clifton
Italy is up to 178 dead per million. U.S. is still at 7. At 200 dead per million Italy will have lost .002% of its population to the virus

Are you stimulating the economy Danny? Maybe booking a trip to the big apple or a trip to marti gra? Licking handrails or door knobs? Going to Seattle for a while? I still bet you have not left your little house in KS. If you or a loved one were one of the 200 per million I am certain you would dial back your insane comments. Flu and traffic accidents kill alloy of people but why would you ignore the added deaths. More are getting it and yes dying from it. I sure hope it don't come knocking at your door if you as casual about it as you are saying you are, which I really doubt. LLL

So we're going from questions that can't be answered to answers that can't be questioned? Is that where we are now?

If someone calls anything into doubt they are immediately villified and labeled as a "doorknob licker."

Wow. Great job. Stalin, Hitler, and Chairman Mao would approve. Marginalize anyone who questions the party dogma.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: Posco] #6821899
03/29/20 03:10 PM
03/29/20 03:10 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted by Posco
Originally Posted by stinkypete

I agree with you to a degree but protecting ones family is a man's main objective. Not everyone out there plays by the same rules we do.

Yep. Also, using a crisis to stop gun sales is not cool.

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821902
03/29/20 03:12 PM
03/29/20 03:12 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I do not see a threat so large that we need to go into another depression over it. I fear economic collapse more than the Corona Virus. if 50,000 people were dying per million or 5% of the population we would be in the same shape our country was in 1918. So far that isnt the case. Its not even close. Still no reports of mass die offs among the homeless or incarcerated felons.

I dont believe people should take the threat lightly. Wash their hands etc. People in poor health should quarantine themselves. Shutting down schools and putting millions out of work? No way. A virus upswing is not a new occurrence.

I am more scared of the government heavy handedness

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821905
03/29/20 03:13 PM
03/29/20 03:13 PM
Lakeland,Minnesota
B
Bogmaster Offline
trapper
Bogmaster  Offline
trapper
B

Lakeland,Minnesota
They are closed to keep the drunks and the weed heads from shooting us.
You Think???
From the lighter side!!!!!
Tom

Tom Olson
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: Bogmaster] #6821906
03/29/20 03:15 PM
03/29/20 03:15 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted by Bogmaster
You Think???
Tom

Thanks Tom. A little humor is needed.

Mike

Vladimir Lenin
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: Bogmaster] #6821907
03/29/20 03:16 PM
03/29/20 03:16 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
You Think???
Tom

I'm not worried about the potheads, they've been self quarantined for years. As long as they have pizza rolls and sponge Bob, they'll be groovy. grin

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821911
03/29/20 03:19 PM
03/29/20 03:19 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Economic collapse and the virus are both rational concerns. The shockwave through the economy...scary.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821912
03/29/20 03:22 PM
03/29/20 03:22 PM
Lakeland,Minnesota
B
Bogmaster Offline
trapper
Bogmaster  Offline
trapper
B

Lakeland,Minnesota
Don't you dare knock pizza roll consumption. It should be one of the main food groups. PIZZA ROLLS--for all.
Tom

Tom Olson
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821914
03/29/20 03:24 PM
03/29/20 03:24 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Weed here in ks is still illegal. I doubt the people selling it here would shut down anyway.

I suspect booze and weed are still being called essential because states especially want the tax dollars.

Who cares if an evil arms dealer has to file bankruptcy.

I wish more people agreed with me that you shouldn't need to apply for, then purchase, permission to create a business. Even though if that were still the way we did things in this country the evil arms dealers could stay open.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821942
03/29/20 04:05 PM
03/29/20 04:05 PM
South metro, MN
C
Calvin Offline
trapper
Calvin  Offline
trapper
C

South metro, MN
Mike...My money comment wasn't directed at you personally. Just and extended part of my rant (happens).

Nobody around me dying of a recession, Steven. And the money guy I watch (David Ramsey) simply says to quit freaking out about this. Good enough for me. And yes I do feel for those young folks who haven't had time to save much yet.

This virus also has different meaning for different people, obviously. I am surrounded here by old retired folk...In the midst of 3.4 million humans. I'm doing my part to not get them sick, best I can.

Do what ya'll feel right per your location but remember we are a long ways from peak numbers yet....even NY numbers are still going up and most of the country is several weeks behind them.

I agree with what Dr Fauci said today: We need more available testing to see what areas are hot and whats not. Made sense to me anyhow.

I sincerely hope all the nay sayers are correct ( I happened to like my old neighbors and my 80 year old father). But the reality of this and the percentage guys is this is the second inning of a baseball game that's likely going into overtime. "experts" are saying this could be and 18 month thing. Stay tuned.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: Catch22] #6821944
03/29/20 04:08 PM
03/29/20 04:08 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted by Catch22
You Think???
Tom

I'm not worried about the potheads, they've been self quarantined for years. As long as they have pizza rolls and sponge Bob, they'll be groovy. grin

I'll have you know that I enjoy (OK, tolerate) both pizza rolls and SpongeBob... But I don't partake in the electric lettuce.

Mike

Vladimir Lenin
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: Calvin] #6821949
03/29/20 04:11 PM
03/29/20 04:11 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted by Calvin
Mike...My money comment wasn't directed at you personally. Just and extended part of my rant (happens).

Nobody around me dying of a recession, Steven. And the money guy I watch (David Ramsey) simply says to quit freaking out about this. Good enough for me. And yes I do feel for those young folks who haven't had time to save much yet.

This virus also has different meaning for different people, obviously. I am surrounded here by old retired folk...In the midst of 3.4 million humans. I'm doing my part to not get them sick, best I can.

Do what ya'll feel right per your location but remember we are a long ways from peak numbers yet....even NY numbers are still going up and most of the country is several weeks behind them.

I agree with what Dr Fauci said today: We need more available testing to see what areas are hot and whats not. Made sense to me anyhow.

I sincerely hope all the nay sayers are correct ( I happened to like my old neighbors and my 80 year old father). But the reality of this and the percentage guys is this is the second inning of a baseball game that's likely going into overtime. "experts" are saying this could be and 18 month thing. Stay tuned.

Understood. My apologies for replying with both barrels.

Mike

Vladimir Lenin
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821971
03/29/20 04:32 PM
03/29/20 04:32 PM
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA
Originally Posted by danny clifton
Whats insane about posting the truth? Those are not numbers I made up they are the numbers put forth by governments and made available by the media. Are you saying the numbers are wrong LL? That we are being lied to and many more are dying than what is being reported?

I guess to start with is the death rate. As a nation it don't seem so bad. If you lived in a hotspot like NY or Seattle you would see the death rate and infection rate differently. In you home in KS it is not a big deal however if you live in a studio apartment in NY City I promise you that you would feel differently. Your car accident and other death rates are of little use other than a deflection from what we are really talking about here. Try to think of others and their outlook instead of your self centered thought. I get it. You live in a little town in KS far from an international airport or large metropolis but not all are as fortunate as you and I. I am not really concerned with getting it either but I would never down play it because it may or may not effect me personally. Seems like you are more concerned with what it may do to your 401 K than the human toll. Stinking Thinking in my humble opinion. LLL

Isaiah 51:6 But my salvation will last forever, my righteousness will never fail.
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821985
03/29/20 04:45 PM
03/29/20 04:45 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
L.L., if you think its ok to risk destroying our country with so few getting sick, even in Italy, then we just are not going to agree. 8.6 million people in NYC and 3 days ago there were a little over 300 deaths. I didn't find today's number, but even if its 600 its a very small percentage of the population, especially as crowded as NYC is. People living on top each other, literally.

Still no mass die offs in prisons or among the homeless

If your ok with what is likely going to be another depression I don't know what to say. Millions out of work sucking on the government teat, politicians issuing royal decrees, and 7 out of a million are dead so far.

Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821992
03/29/20 04:56 PM
03/29/20 04:56 PM
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA
Danny I agree to disagree. Stock market is still up significantly to when Trump took office. I believe it will come back rather quickly when we get this virus behind us. Lock down or not, death toll or not, as long as this virus is here the economy will not be going anywhere. Just think if everyone would just do as the CDC, WHO and scientists are saying to do and if China had done that from the start. We would not be even talking about this. Instead you have those who are afraid of their liberties (that came on the backs of other's sacrifices) being put aside for a couple weeks. That is what is insane to me. LLL

Isaiah 51:6 But my salvation will last forever, my righteousness will never fail.
Re: U.S. corona death rate increase [Re: danny clifton] #6821998
03/29/20 05:03 PM
03/29/20 05:03 PM
South Dakota
R
Rat Masterson Online content
trapper
Rat Masterson  Online Content
trapper
R

South Dakota
27,000 people per square mile in New York city, pretty hard to stay away from others.

Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread