No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 26 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 25 26
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6824446
03/31/20 01:45 PM
03/31/20 01:45 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Pretty scary how the things our ancestors risked their lives, their families lives, and all their possessions property and money to give us, are being thrown away like useless trash.

If you want to isolate yourself and your family it is certainly your right to do so. Just like it is your right to go to church or to your buddys house for a couple beers and a bbq or to stay home and have groceries delivered. The information is out there. So make your choices. Its what free people do. Make choices. Then live with them.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: danny clifton] #6824450
03/31/20 01:47 PM
03/31/20 01:47 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
Originally Posted by danny clifton
Pretty scary how the things our ancestors risked their lives, their families lives, and all their possessions property and money to give us, are being thrown away like useless trash.

If you want to isolate yourself and your family it is certainly your right to do so. Just like it is your right to go to church or to your buddys house for a couple beers and a bbq or to stay home and have groceries delivered. The information is out there. So make your choices. Its what free people do. Make choices. Then live with them.

So you have no issue with someone infecting you or your family with the virus?

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6824459
03/31/20 02:07 PM
03/31/20 02:07 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
They are open here wanna be. The only people out of work are people that work in bars and restaurants. Everybody else is "essential"

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6824460
03/31/20 02:08 PM
03/31/20 02:08 PM
Central MN
MNCedar Offline
trapper
MNCedar  Offline
trapper

Central MN
LooseGoose and others who are hinting at the fact they feel somehow persecuted or infringed upon (to date) due to virus precautions...

I encourage you to someday share all the ways in which you were "presecuted" by social distancing measures to someone who was actually persecuted for their religious beliefs. A person who has been tortured or maimed, possibly forced to watch while loved ones were raped or murdered. A person who was exiled, lived in fear, or forced to practice their beliefs in secret due to oppressive regimes. Please, by all means, explain in great detail the pains you suffered while not being able to potluck and tell each what great 'Christians' you all are for a month or so.

I have been fortunate enough to cross paths with many different people in life. Even more fortunate to have established enough of a relationship to be able to ask and process what it is that they believe in. Often, learning the beliefs of others has served to only strengthen my own. It is through the examination of beliefs that differ from our own pre-existing ones that we can often gain a more well-rounded view of our fellow man. I thought understanding and caring for each other was something that Jesus guy talked about a fair amount...

While I understand some have a need for fellowship and community, I cannot comprehend my own beliefs ever being dependent on other people 'watching' me practice my own beliefs. This does not mean either of us is right or wrong. I do think it means that many could perhaps benefit from a re-examination of community and what it means to care for others.

I've been trying to keep my mouth shut on this thread, but when you brought up the 'drug addicts" and made implicit reference to how you could have somehow "saved" them by having meetings in your basement...that was it. Also you alluded to your belief that if the church were still having services these people would be "saved" from relapse. This is equally disturbing, however, it fits right into your consistency in drawing attention to all the "good works" you apparently do. This again seems to highlight your dependence on other people seeing you practicing your beliefs.

Their addiction is not your burden to bear, and their recovery is certainly not your victory to celebrate. As someone in recovery myself, I beg of you this..... do not let your worldy understanding of RELIGION confuse an addict's understanding of the RELATIONSHIP they need with a higher power. When you muddy the water you prevent others from seeing

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6824462
03/31/20 02:09 PM
03/31/20 02:09 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
No one is going to infect us if we practice social distancing and hand washing are they?

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6824466
03/31/20 02:12 PM
03/31/20 02:12 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I don't go to church. I don't own an AR either. I guess I don't need to worry about your rights so long as I am not using them too?

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6824479
03/31/20 02:27 PM
03/31/20 02:27 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
W

McGrath, AK
Originally Posted by loosegoose
Originally Posted by BuckMink

who cares that he is a nut job? its all about the gospel! false teachers leading others to an eternity in (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman). I CARE!!

I care too if he's spreading a false gospel and leading people to (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman). But does that mean the government should shut him down? Should the government decide what is and isn't true? Perhaps we should just go back to a state-sanctioned religion?

I agree the government should not try to decide what is true and what isn't, without empirical data. Then again, neither should you. I would question how you know what is and isn't "false gospel" ??

I am fine with you believing whatever you want. I support you in that. But that doesn't mean you have a pipeline to truth about what others choose to believe or disseminate.

Mean As Nails
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6824492
03/31/20 02:38 PM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana
I have the pipeline!

Jesus Christ is his name! He is the only Truth!

wink

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: danny clifton] #6824495
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.

I understand your point, Danny. And certainly, freedoms are not being banned , just a temporary need to take measures to get through this , healthy.

People are still gathering freely. Just using the modern ways available . No one is banned .

Communist countries BAN freedom to assemble , in any form , that they don't agree with, and anyone found doing so is shot or imprisoned .

Actually, the subject of this whole thread also agrees with total quarantine. In Israel of old, there were very strict commands in dealing with disease and those who had them. Contagious illness had their own camps where they were in effect, exiled for life, unless they beat the illness and then, under a test by those trained to perform, the ok given to allow them back in society.

Anyone infected , upon seeing healthy ones , at a distance, were required to cover their nose and call out to them, "unclean !" as warning.

And, if anyone disregarded strict Israelite laws, mingling with healthy ones ,they were killed. KILLED. That was all commanded straight from divine power down through the priesthood . Old rule, yes...but rule it was , then.

Actually , restrictions are in force to support our freedoms . Freedom to be a healthy society, to take care of those we love dearly.

We all give up certain "freedoms" all the time , for the good of the many...

If you fly on any commercial aircraft....you submit to TSA searches. If you do, why not refuse , and insist on your 4th amendment rights ? When you buy a plane ticket it says right on the ticket jacket that by buying the ticket you relinquish your 4th amendment rights while using the air transit system in the US.

Or wearing seat belts...speeding, to hand over license , registration and proof of insurance to the cop with a smile on his face .. smile

We are still free, with all our possessions , property, money. Restrictions aren't always a bad thing, and actually support our freedom in safety.

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6824496
03/31/20 02:40 PM
03/31/20 02:40 PM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana
Hey

Anyone see the call for a one world govt due to this virus!? I posted a thread about my opinion on what's coming a few weeks ago when this all started to hit the fan!

Now they are actually calling for it!

Tic Too Tic Tok

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6824511
03/31/20 02:56 PM
03/31/20 02:56 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
I think I see a lesson in "The Letter of the Law" and "The Spirit of Law" is this thread.

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6824514
03/31/20 02:59 PM
03/31/20 02:59 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
This is one thread I'll remember a long time when I see some stating the constitution when it comes to something they hold near and dear like guns and free speach.

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6824516
03/31/20 03:00 PM
03/31/20 03:00 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
And no, I don't attend church, I'm just looking at how easy rights will be given away if it suits the beholder interests.

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: hippie] #6824518
03/31/20 03:01 PM
03/31/20 03:01 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted by hippie
This is one thread I'll remember a long time when I see some stating the constitution when it comes to something they hold near and dear like guns and free speach.

Why don't you just state your point now and get it done?

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6824519
03/31/20 03:02 PM
03/31/20 03:02 PM
Tok, Ak.
akntrpr Offline
trapper
akntrpr  Offline
trapper

Tok, Ak.
I don't comment on here much but I find this thread to be incredibly SAD! Its sad that a person in 2020 is willing to sacrifice the lives of their grandchildren, children , spouse, parents, grandparents and friends lives and all the lives of their friends grandchildren, children, parents, their parents, and grandparents and possibly my family members lives to prove their point that they can do what they want to. You want to save a couple people who have made some bad decisions at the expense of over 100,s of people who have made good decisions including all your family and friends. On top of that its only for a few weeks until this virus passes and they develop therapies and vaccines. Nobody's rights have been infringed upon except the people that you and your family and friends are endangering with your actions. I'm curious what you will tell your children when that one infected person in your meetings infects your family and you have to bury your wife, mom, grandparents because you refuse to do what is RIGHT. If you think this is a hoax maybe you need to have a conversation with Joe Diffies wife or John Prines family or the families of the 3000 people whos family's are grieving the loss of their loved ones that they couldn't even be with in their time of need. You cant get 10 people on here to agree on something and you think 151 countries agreed to start a hoax just for you. Its REALLY just SAD!!!

Born and raised in paradise
https://tedsfurshed.square.site/
you tube-Akntrpr's outdoors
H.O.T. Products (Hanson's Outdoor and Trapping Products)
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: Catch22] #6824521
03/31/20 03:03 PM
03/31/20 03:03 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by Catch22
Originally Posted by hippie

Why don't you just state your point now and get it done?

Lol, sarcasm I hope?

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6824536
03/31/20 03:10 PM
03/31/20 03:10 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Nope, explain how the Constitution is being trampled on.

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6824544
03/31/20 03:19 PM
03/31/20 03:19 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
There will be a one world governing body in the future-I will say within the next 200 years.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6824549
03/31/20 03:24 PM
03/31/20 03:24 PM
Interior Alaska
30/06 Offline
trapper
30/06  Offline
trapper

Interior Alaska
When I joined the military, I gave up lots of my rights, but I knew that it was for the greater good, and that I'd get them back. And I did. I love my rights and want to keep them. However, The short term rule to ban, or minimize, large assemblies is reasonable right now. This pastor blatantly flaunted the rules to gain attention and boost his ego. He could have ministered his flock in safer ways. We'll probably never know how the virus spread through that church service, but since Florida is a hot spot, it probably did. The whole episode is sad. It is not a valid act of civil disobedience. For what it's worth, I am currently laid off, probably until early June, so this is definitely hurting us, but social distancing is really the only way to slow this down. We have 3 distant family members sick, and my dear aunt's doctor just died from it, all in lower 48.

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: danny clifton] #6824552
03/31/20 03:26 PM
03/31/20 03:26 PM
New York
P
ponyboy Offline
trapper
ponyboy  Offline
trapper
P

New York
so much for the first amendment

what happened to the old adage about surrendering your rights in the name of security? i hope they keep holding services. whoever issued the royal proclamation needs kicked out of office

They have been challenging the first, second and forth amendments in various states. It is something to consider.
My wife and three children are considered essential all working in healthcare. If I had not retired, I would still be working.

Page 11 of 26 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 25 26
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread