Strictly Trapping

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Trapping Only Forum)

TrappersPost
Please support Trappers post, a sponsor of the Strictly Trapping Forum

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Belisle 330's and beaver problem? [Re: woodchuck] #6826923
04/02/20 11:28 AM
04/02/20 11:28 AM
Georgia
K
Kirk De Offline
trapper
Kirk De  Offline
trapper
K

Georgia
It was stated that your friend change brands of traps. Carbon content of the steel in the trap change the intensity that is emitted from the trap. One trap brand may have a higher intensity than another trap brand. The size of the trap opening size of the circumference of the steel ,All are factors.also

The Real Reasons Animals Are Detecting Your Sets And Devices by Kirk Dekalb
https://amzn.to/2Hn1hxv
Re: Belisle 330's and beaver problem? [Re: woodchuck] #6827097
04/02/20 02:06 PM
04/02/20 02:06 PM
Wisconsin
T
The Beav Offline
trapper
The Beav  Offline
trapper
T

Wisconsin
Well If that's the case I'm sure glad I use nothing but Duke BGs.

The forum Know It All according to Muskrat
Re: Belisle 330's and beaver problem? [Re: The Beav] #6827978
04/03/20 08:27 AM
04/03/20 08:27 AM
Georgia
K
Kirk De Offline
trapper
Kirk De  Offline
trapper
K

Georgia
Originally Posted by The Beav
Well If that's the case I'm sure glad I use nothing but Duke BGs.
. Can you honestly say that you have tested your traps to really know . If you did did you consider the moon phase and the effect it would have. If you’re wrong and profess to be right it’s just hurting the industry. Same thing could be said if I’m wrong and you’re right I’m hurting the industry.

Re: Belisle 330's and beaver problem? [Re: woodchuck] #6828037
04/03/20 09:21 AM
04/03/20 09:21 AM
Wisconsin
T
The Beav Offline
trapper
The Beav  Offline
trapper
T

Wisconsin
Kirk De

I'm not going to do any testing I'm to old to do the beaver thing anymore and there Is no money In It. Back In the day I trapped In NC and SC for 2 months for 15 years. I never came home with less then 350 beaver and I averaged 45 otter along with fox and cats. My best otter catch for 2 months was 82. If these force fields had any effect on my catch rate I could care less. If you know what your doing all this other perceived stuff won't make a difference.

The coyote quest man didn't seem to have much trouble catching over 900 coyotes. And as far as I know he didn't De magnetize any of his traps.

Sorry I'm just not buying It. But If It builds your confidence when setting traps that's a real plus. Confidence In what your using and how you use It Is a huge factor In what your results are going to be.
Good luck.

The forum Know It All according to Muskrat
Re: Belisle 330's and beaver problem? [Re: woodchuck] #6828067
04/03/20 09:52 AM
04/03/20 09:52 AM
NNY
080808 Offline
trapper
080808  Offline
trapper

NNY
The Beav is on! Wait I need to get advice from Spock.

Re: Belisle 330's and beaver problem? [Re: The Beav] #6828090
04/03/20 10:19 AM
04/03/20 10:19 AM
Georgia
K
Kirk De Offline
trapper
Kirk De  Offline
trapper
K

Georgia
Originally Posted by The Beav
Kirk De

I'm not going to do any testing I'm to old to do the beaver thing anymore and there Is no money In It. Back In the day I trapped In NC and SC for 2 months for 15 years. I never came home with less then 350 beaver and I averaged 45 otter along with fox and cats. My best otter catch for 2 months was 82. If these force fields had any effect on my catch rate I could care less. If you know what your doing all this other perceived stuff won't make a difference.

The coyote quest man didn't seem to have much trouble catching over 900 coyotes. And as far as I know he didn't De magnetize any of his traps.

Sorry I'm just not buying It. But If It builds your confidence when setting traps that's a real plus. Confidence In what your using and how you use It Is a huge factor In what your results are going to be.
Good luck.

For over 13 years years ago I averaged about 1000 Beaverin about 100 days every year. Over 1600 in one year.And my best month I’ve got 103 otter. I’ve got as many as 214/75D. During that time I caught bobcat and fox. It was all done in South Georgia except for 200 in north Alabama when I first started trapping in six weeks. For several years I got turtles. It was during the summer months. I got literally thousands each week.At the same time during the year I did construction work as a general contractor and as a concrete contractor. During some of that time I even milk cows. I had a dairy farm. It was ranked in the top five in the state in production per cow. I sold my cows when gas prices went so high and corn and feed prices were so high. I also bought Cattle as an order buyer for 10 years While still trapping in winter spending 3 to 4 months a year in Wisconsin. I have two pattents that allow me to design traps like no other . So as you can see I too have an extensive background. What I have discovered with the magnetic field is much bigger than anyone realizes other than myself. It is a bear getting old isn’t it. Parkinson’s is taking me fasT. Thank you for the honest answer.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Drifter, Wolfdog91