Strictly Trapping

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Trapping Only Forum)

TrappersPost
Please support Trappers post, a sponsor of the Strictly Trapping Forum

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Coyote vs Fox urine [Re: Marten Ted] #6841099
04/13/20 04:06 PM
04/13/20 04:06 PM
Southern Michigan
T
trappergbus Offline
trapper
trappergbus  Offline
trapper
T

Southern Michigan
Popcorn time LOL.. I let the experts answer that...

Common sense catches alot of fur..
Pay homage to all you harvest..
Re: Coyote vs Fox urine [Re: HayDay] #6841394
04/13/20 08:37 PM
04/13/20 08:37 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Y

Marion Kansas
Originally Posted by HayDay
Couple questions from a entry level canine trapper........

How is canine urine collected.........I know how easy it would be to collect mine...but canines? In volume?

I've always heard references to "good" urine? How does one qualify what is "good"?

Where do I find the good stuff? Seems every trapping place on the planet......plus some others....all sell urine.

They put animals in cage with catch pan underneath it is the simple answer of how.
Test on your dog is a good starting test of quality. Once you've smelled the real undiluted stuff you will know the difference. One of the safer way is to only buy from someone that collects it themselves.

Re: Coyote vs Fox urine [Re: Marten Ted] #6841815
04/14/20 07:22 AM
04/14/20 07:22 AM
Firth, Nebraska
jabNE Offline
trapper
jabNE  Offline
trapper

Firth, Nebraska
I use both fox and coyote pee on our line, and for change up I reach for bobcat or mink pee.
Post sets, or the second hole of a double dirthole set.
I've caught coyotes and fox on all four types of pee I use. Also fox and also cats.
At coyote set remakes, bait and either fox or mink pee seem to work really well for me.
At those post sets a smear of beaver castor also works really well by itself.
Jim

Money cannot buy you happiness, but it can buy you a trapping license and that's pretty close.
Re: Coyote vs Fox urine [Re: Marten Ted] #6846873
04/18/20 02:12 PM
04/18/20 02:12 PM
Communist State Of New York
Archeryguy Offline
trapper
Archeryguy  Offline
trapper

Communist State Of New York
I'll sometime use both at a set, sometime both with a shot of bobcat urine. I've had good responses. Curiosity? Territorial? I don't know.

Re: Coyote vs Fox urine [Re: Marten Ted] #6847023
04/18/20 06:07 PM
04/18/20 06:07 PM
Iowa
K
KJD357 Offline
trapper
KJD357  Offline
trapper
K

Iowa
I don’t catch many coyotes at sets that don’t have urine. On the flip side I also get a lot of deer sprung traps. This year I ran a little test. I didn’t use any urine for the first week. Didn’t catch any coyotes. After a week I freshened everything up with urine, started catching coyotes the next day. I haven’t noticed a difference on coyotes whether I use fox, bobcat, or coyote pee.
Now this was a very unscientific test. My lack of catches could be attributed to anything. It could also have something to do with the confidence factor as well. I just know that urine equals catches for me.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Drifter, Wolfdog91