Wilderness Trapping and Living

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Dobbins' Catalog~

ATS
(Please support Ted's Fur Shed, our sponsor for the Wilderness Page)

Alaska Trappers Association

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Gulo gulo [Re: AKbeardog] #6849628
04/21/20 12:19 AM
04/21/20 12:19 AM
Tonsina, Alaska
Wolverinebait Offline
trapper
Wolverinebait  Offline
trapper

Tonsina, Alaska
Originally Posted by fishermann222
We were participating in the same study. The Bushnell's they used this year were crap compared to the reconyx from two years ago. We had nothing but problems with the bushnells, from the plastic cases braking during transport, to pieces breaking when setting them up at 30 below, to them taking 20,000 photos the first three days after being set out.

We never got any of our catches on camera as the SD cards were always full. We didn't have any of those issues with the reconyx cameras.

Originally Posted by AKbeardog
Fisherman I agree about the bushnell cameras, had nothing but issues. The cases broke, the sd cards would not click in if it was - 20 or colder, I would put camera in my pocket to warm up and card would go back in. The "honeycomb" cover over the ir would catch blowing snow, and of course full cards of nothing, and several missed catches. I am using reconyx hyperfire cameras on another wolverine project currently and these cameras are just awesome. No problems, nice pictures, batteries last forever.

I was part of that project too,.... but they sent me all Reconyx, half Ultrafire, half Hyperfire,.... and I had a few issues with them too, but overall, they're good cameras, but for what they cost,... they better be. I think their best feature is taking both pictures and videos at the same time. My personal cameras are now almost exclusively Brownings. IMO opinion, the video quality is on par with Reconyx, especially at night, which is when most of your action will take place. I think the Brownings have a little wider field of view, and a little better audio, at least some models, than the Reconyx. And the cost is about 3-1. I could post a bunch of pictures of how things went for me too, but I don't want to invade AKbeardog's thread. I never take pictures with my trail cams, because the audio is almost better than what you see sometimes. My biggest problem again this year was keeping all the riff-raff out of my sets,... marten-mink-ermine-rabbits-coyotes-lynx-moose-other stuff. I don't want to find out the hard way what happens when a moose sticks his snout in a 330 Belisle,... eek

"I'm sorry for hurting your feelings when I called you stupid,... I thought you already knew,..."
Re: Gulo gulo [Re: Wolverinebait] #6850787
04/21/20 09:58 PM
04/21/20 09:58 PM
Bethel, Alaska
fishermann222 Offline
"OX"
fishermann222  Offline
"OX"

Bethel, Alaska
Originally Posted by Wolverinebait
I don't want to find out the hard way what happens when a moose sticks his snout in a 330 Belisle,... eek

Hahaha they sure do love the smell of some of the lures we use for wolverine don't they smile.

I survived the Tman crash of '06
Re: Gulo gulo [Re: AKbeardog] #6855235
04/26/20 04:25 AM
04/26/20 04:25 AM
NWT
Ryan McLeod Offline
trapper
Ryan McLeod  Offline
trapper

NWT
Good stuff! Nice pictures.

If you take care of the land the land will take care of you