No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Wow Canada. Say goodbye to your guns [Re: ack] #6861321
05/02/20 01:09 PM
05/02/20 01:09 PM
Indiana
H
Huntall76 Offline
trapper
Huntall76  Offline
trapper
H

Indiana
Trump has all but secured or 2nd amendment for years to come with his 2 supreme court justices !

If Trump gets reelected and If Ruth Bader Ginsburg would retire or health problems make her retire, Trump would secure or rights for probably the next 30 years plus.

Re: Wow Canada. Say goodbye to your guns [Re: yukon254] #6861330
05/02/20 01:28 PM
05/02/20 01:28 PM
ontario canada
taser Offline
trapper
taser  Offline
trapper

ontario canada
Originally Posted by yukon254
Another sad fact....CBC did a poll and 52% of all Canadians would be in favour of banning ALL guns. Anyone who thinks they will stop with this new order is crazy. They want them all, and they will get them here, its just a matter of time. Found a nice little acreage in AK....

I bet that percentage is even higher in the states

Re: Wow Canada. Say goodbye to your guns [Re: ack] #6861332
05/02/20 01:35 PM
05/02/20 01:35 PM
idaho
W
wallfur Offline
trapper
wallfur  Offline
trapper
W

idaho
our next democrat president will bring it to usa also !! never a good thing no matter where it happens!

Re: Wow Canada. Say goodbye to your guns [Re: Huntall76] #6861340
05/02/20 01:44 PM
05/02/20 01:44 PM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
Grandpa Trapper Offline
trapper
Grandpa Trapper  Offline
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
Originally Posted by Huntall76
Trump has all but secured or 2nd amendment for years to come with his 2 supreme court justices !

If Trump gets reelected and If Ruth Bader Ginsburg would retire or health problems make her retire, Trump would secure or rights for probably the next 30 years plus.

If Trump doesn’t get re-elected and Clarence Thomas retires, we gun owners are in big trouble. It will then be a 5-4 liberal court.

Re: Wow Canada. Say goodbye to your guns [Re: woodtick] #6861341
05/02/20 01:47 PM
05/02/20 01:47 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by woodtick
except they never won yet

I

Guess that depends on what the beholder considers a win.

Help me out here, to understand something?

What is it that we (americans) say that ruffles the feathers up there on a few of ya'll?

Point being....when a state down here passed or even introduces an anti gun bill we post it to make everyone aware, and very seldom do people from that state "take it to heart" that we are, as Boco thought, "laughing" at them. Mostly they are glad it's brought to their attention!

Does your national pride make you think we are putting you down instead of trying to support you by making you aware of the downfall of such new laws?

Or, are you actually ok with losing the privilege to have certain guns in your country?

I just don't understand why about 3 of y'all are on every thread about gun laws in Canada, doing what appears to be supporting them.

Re: Wow Canada. Say goodbye to your guns [Re: yukon254] #6861362
05/02/20 02:39 PM
05/02/20 02:39 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Online content
trapper
KeithC  Online Content
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by yukon254
Another sad fact....CBC did a poll and 52% of all Canadians would be in favour of banning ALL guns. Anyone who thinks they will stop with this new order is crazy. They want them all, and they will get them here, its just a matter of time. Found a nice little acreage in AK....

I suspect that most real Canadians want guns. 21.9% of the people polled are likely immigrants, since they make up 21.9% of the population and most immigrants want guns banned. Conservative Canadians have allowed their government to steal their political power with immigration.

Keith

Re: Wow Canada. Say goodbye to your guns [Re: hippie] #6861389
05/02/20 03:45 PM
05/02/20 03:45 PM
Canada
O
Ouananiche Offline
trapper
Ouananiche  Offline
trapper
O

Canada
Originally Posted by hippie
except they never won yet

I

Guess that depends on what the beholder considers a win.

Help me out here, to understand something?

What is it that we (americans) say that ruffles the feathers up there on a few of ya'll?

Point being....when a state down here passed or even introduces an anti gun bill we post it to make everyone aware, and very seldom do people from that state "take it to heart" that we are, as Boco thought, "laughing" at them. Mostly they are glad it's brought to their attention!

Does your national pride make you think we are putting you down instead of trying to support you by making you aware of the downfall of such new laws?

Or, are you actually ok with losing the privilege to have certain guns in your country?

I just don't understand why about 3 of y'all are on every thread about gun laws in Canada, doing what appears to be supporting them.

The honest truth? And maybe this is our perception and not reality.
But Americans are a hundred fold less educated on Canadian issues than canadians are on American issues.
Your comments are usually so ignorant that they are neither pertinent, helpful or funny.

*a notable example would be this asinine insistence that Canadians are flocking to American style health care lol and that Americans are better off on that level. You’ve chosen to believe propagandists in this instance. (I’m using the royal “you” not you specifically)

Given our (sometimes inevitable or even forced understanding of your issues and politics it’sannoying and frustrating to debate Canadian topics with you. It’s part of the “Americans are all idiots” paradigm. We all learn about you. You don’t be learn about us. Then You still want to jump in on conversations about us. With limited knowledge and understanding of the surrounding issues.

You guys are so big and important this imbalance is inevitable. We all have to learn about you. But not you us.

Last edited by Ouananiche; 05/02/20 03:46 PM.
Re: Wow Canada. Say goodbye to your guns [Re: ack] #6861486
05/02/20 06:13 PM
05/02/20 06:13 PM
Texas
J
jtg Offline
trapper
jtg  Offline
trapper
J

Texas
American's had to fight for their independence and used the gun's we refuse to give up to do just that. It sad to see our friends from the north get down on their knee's. Canadian gun owners will be forced to pay for the buy back with their tax dollars.

Re: Wow Canada. Say goodbye to your guns [Re: jtg] #6861500
05/02/20 06:28 PM
05/02/20 06:28 PM
Nova Scotia,
woodtick Offline
trapper
woodtick  Offline
trapper

Nova Scotia,
Originally Posted by jtg
American's had to fight for their independence and used the gun's we refuse to give up to do just that. It sad to see our friends from the north get down on their knee's. Canadian gun owners will be forced to pay for the buy back with their tax dollars.

another uninformed, you shoulda been here in Canada today, you woulda seen all the guys running to Quebec to pass our guns in to Troupordor ,....... we will still have the same guns tomorrow as we had yesterday

Big Wet Drops and Lots of them are a Sure Sign of Rain!
Re: Wow Canada. Say goodbye to your guns [Re: woodtick] #6861516
05/02/20 06:41 PM
05/02/20 06:41 PM
Texas
J
jtg Offline
trapper
jtg  Offline
trapper
J

Texas
If you use them, which I doubt most would, you would be a criminal and sent to jail. No worries, if you ever need the brave American's, just ring the bell and we will come running. Just like we have done for France.

tquote=woodtick]
Originally Posted by jtg

another uninformed, you shoulda been here in Canada today, you woulda seen all the guys running to Quebec to pass our guns in to Troupordor ,....... we will still have the same guns tomorrow as we had yesterday[/quote]

Re: Wow Canada. Say goodbye to your guns [Re: Ouananiche] #6861536
05/02/20 07:10 PM
05/02/20 07:10 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by Ouananiche

The honest truth? And maybe this is our perception and not reality.
But Americans are a hundred fold less educated on Canadian issues than canadians are on American issues.
Your comments are usually so ignorant that they are neither pertinent, helpful or funny.

*a notable example would be this asinine insistence that Canadians are flocking to American style health care lol and that Americans are better off on that level. You’ve chosen to believe propagandists in this instance. (I’m using the royal “you” not you specifically)

Given our (sometimes inevitable or even forced understanding of your issues and politics it’sannoying and frustrating to debate Canadian topics with you. It’s part of the “Americans are all idiots” paradigm. We all learn about you. You don’t be learn about us. Then You still want to jump in on conversations about us. With limited knowledge and understanding of the surrounding issues.

You guys are so big and important this imbalance is inevitable. We all have to learn about you. But not you us.

Interesting take, thanks for the reply.

Re: Wow Canada. Say goodbye to your guns [Re: ack] #6861547
05/02/20 07:27 PM
05/02/20 07:27 PM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

The Hill Country of Texas
I just wasted 5 mins of my life I cannot get back now

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: Wow Canada. Say goodbye to your guns [Re: ack] #6861560
05/02/20 07:38 PM
05/02/20 07:38 PM
Manitoba Canada
M
MB Coonguy Offline
trapper
MB Coonguy  Offline
trapper
M

Manitoba Canada
Actually the Ontario Premier-Ford just made some great points in his opinion on the matter-he seems to have his head on straight.I like his take on this ban-he thinks like everyone else that owns a gun-why take them away from legal gun owners-it will do nothing to stop crime with firearms of any sort what so ever

Re: Wow Canada. Say goodbye to your guns [Re: ack] #6861569
05/02/20 07:55 PM
05/02/20 07:55 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Doug Ford is also a friend of trappers.
Great conservative premier of Ontario.
Next Fed gov't hopefully will be Conservative and will order the gun ban gone.Since it was made by an order in council and is not a legislated law it can be recinded just as quick.(like Harper did with the liberal registry).
I dont think anyone will give up any guns.There is a 2 year moratorium,and a grandfather clause for anyone who owns a gun on the list to be able to keep possession of it.By that time hopefully Trudope and his cronies will be gone.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Wow Canada. Say goodbye to your guns [Re: ack] #6861609
05/02/20 08:31 PM
05/02/20 08:31 PM
Nova Scotia,
woodtick Offline
trapper
woodtick  Offline
trapper

Nova Scotia,
Boco. do you plan on running to Ottawa to pass in your guns, me neither

Big Wet Drops and Lots of them are a Sure Sign of Rain!
Re: Wow Canada. Say goodbye to your guns [Re: ack] #6861638
05/02/20 09:19 PM
05/02/20 09:19 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
I dont see that happening.Just wait for the next conservative gov't to reverse it like the registry and the spring bear hunt.

Last edited by Boco; 05/02/20 09:20 PM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Wow Canada. Say goodbye to your guns [Re: Boco] #6861640
05/02/20 09:22 PM
05/02/20 09:22 PM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Originally Posted by Boco
Next Fed gov't hopefully will be Conservative and will order the gun ban gone.Since it was made by an order in council and is not a legislated law it can be recinded just as quick.(like Harper did with the liberal registry).
I dont think anyone will give up any guns.There is a 2 year moratorium,and a grandfather clause for anyone who owns a gun on the list to be able to keep possession of it.By that time hopefully Trudope and his cronies will be gone.

Some good news, then!

Re: Wow Canada. Say goodbye to your guns [Re: ack] #6861648
05/02/20 09:32 PM
05/02/20 09:32 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
As the city populations grow, the problem will worsen. It's just a numbers vs time game.
Colorado is a great example of how a good state can be ruined by city population.
Montana is becoming another.

Last edited by Gary Benson; 05/02/20 09:35 PM.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Wow Canada. Say goodbye to your guns [Re: woodtick] #6861666
05/02/20 09:49 PM
05/02/20 09:49 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Boco. do you plan on running to Ottawa to pass in your guns, me neither

Your correct response is, not till they say so.

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Wow Canada. Say goodbye to your guns [Re: trapdog1] #6861713
05/02/20 11:07 PM
05/02/20 11:07 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Online content
trapper
KeithC  Online Content
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by trapdog1
Originally Posted by Boco

Some good news, then!

How does his brother Rob Ford feel about trapping?

Keith

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread