ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
A lot of crazy customers in the NWC industry... #6864237
05/05/20 08:40 PM
05/05/20 08:40 PM
Georgia
L
Luke C Offline OP
trapper
Luke C  Offline OP
trapper
L

Georgia
This post is really just a rant. I've only gotten a few nuisance wildlife control jobs. Started off doing it as a side hobby and for private land access about a year ago. Just recently been advertising it as a small, side business. But the customers in this industry seem so off from what I can tell. I've been working self employed doing other stuff for years but never met so many customers like in this industry. Had a call today for a snake removal job. I told the guy that I couldn't guarantee a catch and that more than likely the snake would escape before I got there. Nevertheless, when I arrived the snake was gone. Right before pay time, dude started talking about how he had some previous contractors that did him wrong and that he wanted to kill them. Wouldn't stop saying how much he wanted to kill them for like 10 minutes. Pretty sure it was just a scare tactic but glad I always conceal my Ruger Ec9s while out of home. Are customers like this typical in this industry for you other fellas?

Re: A lot of crazy customers in the NWC industry... [Re: Luke C] #6864303
05/05/20 09:36 PM
05/05/20 09:36 PM
Southwest Michigan
M
Michigan Trappin Offline
trapper
Michigan Trappin  Offline
trapper
M

Southwest Michigan
Had one tell me she could feel the bats watching her

Another said if I had put a trap on her roof the skunk would not have sprayed in her yard

Another that told me she thinks the other guy put a camera in her attic and filmed her in the bathroom (I assure you nobody wanted to see her in the bathroom)

Yea you will run in to some wing-dingers. Some I can see up front are way off and I just give an astronomical price so I don’t get hired

Every day is a gift from GOD, don't waste it!!

If they have plenty of food, give them something interesting to smell
Re: A lot of crazy customers in the NWC industry... [Re: Michigan Trappin] #6864379
05/05/20 10:48 PM
05/05/20 10:48 PM
Georgia
L
Luke C Offline OP
trapper
Luke C  Offline OP
trapper
L

Georgia
Well I understand now why another local NWCO guy charges $175 just to come out lol

Re: A lot of crazy customers in the NWC industry... [Re: Luke C] #6864418
05/05/20 11:21 PM
05/05/20 11:21 PM
New York
Short Track Offline
trapper
Short Track  Offline
trapper

New York
Do they understand on a Raccoon job, there are 30 more Raccoons that they don't see ??

Just a weekend trapper...
Re: A lot of crazy customers in the NWC industry... [Re: Short Track] #6864655
05/06/20 09:14 AM
05/06/20 09:14 AM
Georgia
L
Luke C Offline OP
trapper
Luke C  Offline OP
trapper
L

Georgia
I don't fully understand the question short track.

Re: A lot of crazy customers in the NWC industry... [Re: Luke C] #6865584
05/07/20 07:40 AM
05/07/20 07:40 AM
Tug Hill, New York
A
Albert Burns Offline
trapper
Albert Burns  Offline
trapper
A

Tug Hill, New York
One of the craziest I had was an extremely wealthy customer that had rats. When I got there he had piles of garbage all over his home, with dead rats in various places. He was dressed from head to toe in a yellow rain suit, and had a pitch fork, stabbing holes in the ceiling as he was asking me ,"don't you hear them" ? Before I could say anything he handed me a pocket full of 100 dollar bills, and asked if I would set some trap's which I did. He called me two days later, said the rats were all gone now, and I could pick the traps up. Never did catch even one rat, I think his rodenticides had it resolved before we showed up. Offered to clean up the dead ones and he said don't worry about them. Crazy things we run into.

Re: A lot of crazy customers in the NWC industry... [Re: Luke C] #6869695
05/11/20 09:29 PM
05/11/20 09:29 PM
Ohio
W
Willy Firewood Offline
trapper
Willy Firewood  Offline
trapper
W

Ohio
Enjoy the ride!

FRAC LIVES MATTER
Re: A lot of crazy customers in the NWC industry... [Re: Luke C] #6874993
05/17/20 02:51 PM
05/17/20 02:51 PM
West Central GA
J
JBR Offline
trapper
JBR  Offline
trapper
J

West Central GA
I recently retired as a game warden. Yeah. I understand. They would get mad when I told them we didn't do nuisance animals, and I have had some call and about cuss me out when I referred them to a nuisance animal trapper because ya'll charged for coming out and catching the critter. eek
I mean REALLY

crazy

"Catch for us the foxes, the little foxes that ruin the vineyards, our vineyards that are in bloom." Song of Solomon 2:15
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread