ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Chipmunks #6877315
05/19/20 09:59 PM
05/19/20 09:59 PM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline OP
trapper
Getting There  Offline OP
trapper
G

West Michigan
How may chipmunks have you removed from the same location before leaving the location?

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: Chipmunks [Re: Getting There] #6877498
05/20/20 07:43 AM
05/20/20 07:43 AM
Tug Hill, New York
A
Albert Burns Offline
trapper
Albert Burns  Offline
trapper
A

Tug Hill, New York
My first NWCO job ever back in 1990. A lady said she had about 10 chipmunks, and back then I told her I would remove up to the 10 for 100.00, which for 1990 money wasn't bad. I set a dozen Rat Snap traps, and before I had left all were full of chipmunks. We made a deal to remove all I could catch, at 1.00 a head. LOL I ended up with 110 chipmunks off her property in a week. That was an unusual job, with numerous stone walls, bird feeders and mulch beds. Normally we get 10-30 off most jobs.

Re: Chipmunks [Re: Getting There] #6877508
05/20/20 08:17 AM
05/20/20 08:17 AM
SW Pa
B
Bob Jameson Offline
trapper
Bob Jameson  Offline
trapper
B

SW Pa
Your answer will vary from person to person I am sure. Some may have just a few and you are in the clear for a while. Then as we all know after littering they will disperse and others will find the suitable conditions you just trapped as well.

If you are in good chipmunk habitat general they you can expect fill in migration in some cases a few weeks. This is common with most all wildlife that knows good suitable holding capacity when they encounter it. Areas don't stay vacant too long if they provide basic needs to the animals

If you are trapping housing plans or rural areas conditions will vary. I know most of the housing areas I have trapped those chipmunks run thru the neighboring properties. I have noticed this just doing some basic observations over the years. So what you trap this week and all seems good you will have others visiting and looking for their neighbors. Depends upon the time of year as well. If they don't get run out from new ground they encounter they set up house keeping.

These things are in flux and it will depend upon the time of year you are trapping as well as to your results and how long your client will be chipmunk free. Like mole work they will migrate back into areas with good conditions.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread